What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Takeaways from the Rocky Mountain Beatdown

Looks like it was done on purpose, either vandalism or some sort of motivational deal.

No info, just posted the post game press conference.

Another takeaway that has me questioning things: CSU apparently won the character battle last night.

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...hens-rocky-mountain-showdown-column/89772878/
We did look a little douchey keeping our first teams in...looked to the Rams, and a lot of other folks, that we were trying to run up the score.

BUT the implication that we were playing dirty is fn hypocritical. CSU always tries to hurt our guys. This is confirmed by ex CSU players I know. At least the article admitted this a little. Last night one of the CSU dlinemen had a diving spear on Sefo after the play. Can't believe it...

We did look a little douchey keeping our first teams in...looked to the Rams, and a lot of other folks, that we were trying to run up the score.

BUT the implication that we were playing dirty is fn hypocritical. CSU always tries to hurt our guys. This is confirmed by ex CSU players I know. At least the article admitted this a little. Last night one of the CSU dlinemen had a diving spear on Sefo after the play. Can't believe it...
Who gives a rip? Run it up. I am sick of hearing them bleat. I hope every RMS on the schedule is a beatdown from here on out.

Glad you hippies finally won something. This makes me very happy. You are all way cooler after beating up your little brother and taking the remote from him. Cheers to all!

More importantly, many of you are dehydrated, hungover and feeling poorly today. This makes me even happier. May you also sh*t your pants later today thinking it was a just a fart.

College football is back. You're all happy. The bear is happy. Life is good.

Glad you hippies finally won something. This makes me very happy. You are all way cooler after beating up your little brother and taking the remote from him. Cheers to all!

More importantly, many of you are dehydrated, hungover and feeling poorly today. This makes me even happier. May you also sh*t your pants later today thinking it was a just a fart.

**** you!

Ugh! Butch ****ing Jones is on CBS pontificating about how Tennessee wants to develop high moral character in its players. **** that asshole.

I'm impressed you could type all that with Davis Webb's dick in your hand. (y)

**** you!

I'm impressed you could type all that with Davis Webb's dick in your hand. (y)

54104035.jpg

More importantly, many of you are dehydrated, hungover and feeling poorly today. This makes me even happier. May you also sh*t your pants later today thinking it was a just a fart. .

hah. fooled you. i anticipated in advance that it was more than just a fart and took proper steps... to the throne. maybe if you had gotten into stanford, you'd poop yourself less frequently?

:angel:

Did Ento make it in the game?

Also seems like Pookie will redshirt then take his two year mission? Looking forward to seeing NJ out there after week 4.

Did Ento make it in the game?

Also seems like Pookie will redshirt then take his two year mission? Looking forward to seeing NJ out there after week 4.

Ento played some snaps at the end. Number 17. Think I saw him on some special teams too.

Only scored 13 points in the 2nd half. Need to be more efficient on offense.
The DL not getting enough push. Allowed Dawkins to gain a lot of yards. Need to clean that up

But for the first game of the season. It is a good game for the Buffs.

No a takeaway, but I can't remember the last time we dominated in a game that wasn't against a d-II opponent. It feels so good to be a team that is competent, and good enough to punish a team that is below average.

This defense should keep us in games all season. I hope quarterback play and the WRs can pave good enough to slip us past some of the ranked teams
Wyoming in the late 2000s?

Defense: This was big, this was huge, I can't find the superlatives. Offensively CSU is a very good G5 team. They lack explosive skill players and we know our secondary is elite...so the lack of passing game isn't a surprise. Their O-line is beastly though. They are better than 2/3rds the pac12 Olines we will play...and we made them look like school-girls!!! I wanted proof that our dline was elite, because they were big and experienced and folks seemed to be praising them on that basis alone. Well now I am 10,000% on-board...at least with our first unit. There was a little drop off when we started to rotate in and you could tell Topou was tiring in second half. Dline made our backers look very very good. Needless to say I already thought Chido was 1st team pac-12 if it wasn't for Adoree' Jackson, but wow, wow, wow!!! I might objectively pick his clairvoyant ball instinct over the insanely athletic Trojan. Spoon might of taken the next step, and that leads me to say about our secondary...oh my Gawd!

Offense: The fact that we put up points on these guys means little. The CSU defense is a smear of choleric diarrhea on the outhouse wall. Tyree Simmons is their only semi-good secondary player and he pretty much shut down Shay Fields. ...but our other receivers were defended by folks that have been playing defensive back for two months! The Bobo catch was sick nonetheless! Chevs positive influence is clear. The CSU Dline was big but without talent and experience. The fact that they got red-zone stops on us after first quarter adjustments is deeply worrying. The low snaps...ugh! In the passing game Sefo was pressured way too much by these patsies and he took some beating. Relying on Sefo to run the ball really does work...for the part of the season we have him. Lindgren's play calling is still questionable...is he a bright man!! Everybody says he is.

Uncomfortable positive take-away: Leavitt is a very special coach. Would we have anything close to that D without him? With what he has MM could take this team to a bowl this year. We HAVE TO KEEP LEAVITT, even if it means making him head coach.

Last edited:
My latest takeawy after seeing the cover of the Denver Post is that I might have hallucinated last night. Did CSU win?
2016-09-03.jpg

The Denver Post has, for whatever reason, abandoned CU. Their first article last night was written by Terry Frei from the perspective of a CSU beat writer.

Hey, Modsssssssssss?!? Wake up.

Yogi is out back and diggin' through the garbage, again.

All I took from it is we whipped their ass and need to build on it. It should've been worse really. Fix what we did wrong, keep moving.

Truly glad to see you are back....was honestly thinking we had lost you, bitch.

bizzarodrunkfunnymarmotstuffedanimalteddybear-69325ae1f181e906c03c27b5f56b88d8_h.jpg

My big takeaway is how peaceful this game is when everything assumes the natural order- if the score had been reversed last night, you wouldn't have been able to get out of the stadium wearing CU gear without being shouted at by CSU fans.

Last night, all the little lambies filed out silently and CU fans were talking excitedly and hugging one another. All was right with the world.

Back