What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tate Forcier leaving Michigan?

I'm not familiar with what Craig Ochs' father did. I always thought it was Craig's decision to leave Boulder because of a disagreement with Barnett.

My recollection was that Mr. Ochs and Mr. Houston were, in GB's eyes, overinvolved parents. But that wasn't who I was referring to...their sons were legit DI players, and I meant no disparagement to them. Perhaps I was just in a bad mood. Personally, I always liked Ochs as a QB, and MH would have been pretty good but for the hip injury IMO.

in 2001, when we had Pesavento, Ochs had a concussion and sat on the bench until the fourth quarter of the Fiesta Bowl. In 2002, he had a worse concussion, and since we didn't have a decent backup Barnett wanted him to play against UCLA after sitting for one game(that bloodbath against USC). I don't know Craig Ochs, but it wouldn't surprise me if Barnett's shifting views of how important Craig Ochs' wellbeing was affected his respect for his head coach. I remember thinking it odd that Barnett insisted right after the USC game that Ochs was going to start against UCLA. There was no waiting for doctors to clear him at all. And a couple of days later Ochs was gone.

My recollection was that Mr. Ochs and Mr. Houston were, in GB's eyes, overinvolved parents. But that wasn't who I was referring to...their sons were legit DI players, and I meant no disparagement to them. Perhaps I was just in a bad mood. Personally, I always liked Ochs as a QB, and MH would have been pretty good but for the hip injury IMO.
I don't remember Craig's dad being involved, but it was just about a decade ago.

Craig did have the issues with multiple concussions, maybe that's what led up to his falling out with GB. The team prayer deal turned out to be the last straw.

I guess we'll never know. :smile2:

Last edited:
I don't remember Craig's dad being involved, but it was just about a decade ago.

Craig did have the issues with multiple concussions, maybe that's what led up to his falling out with GB. The team prayer deal turned out to be the last straw.

I guess we'll never know. :smile2:

What exactly did GB say to Ochs to piss him off so much? and when did it happen?

Speaking of Ochs does anyone else remember him trying to kill himself by not getting out of bounds vs Mizzou? Happened right in front of me and it was nasty.

Back