What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ted Miller and Pac-12 attendance

Jesus Christ D3H, will you ever remove your lips from Bohn's ass?

Look, I think he's doing a bang-up job, but sometimes you embarrass me when you go on and on.

I'm sorry I know I embarrass myself but I just love him so much. Imagine my adoration if he would have have gotten us into the MWC instead of the Pac 12 oh my! "There ain't no mountain high enough....."

tharp gets slammed hard but he does indeed have some skills that have greatly benefitted CU over the years.

i can't wait for p12 football to start! i hope the Buffs are better than the pundits predict.

tharp gets slammed hard but he does indeed have some skills that have greatly benefitted CU over the years.

i can't wait for p12 football to start! i hope the Buffs are better than the pundits predict.

Like Bohn he deserves to be slammed hard but he deserves props for his skills, his martinis are delicious!

Just when I thought we were going to be friends... ;-)

Stanford doesn't have a huge alumni base, that's true. The bigger problem is that they have no idea how to be a fan -- that you go no matter how good the team is or isn't, that you go because going to a game is awesome.. They are just lame fans. Also their marketing department is horrendously bad. They had billboards all over the Bay Area a year or so ago with their genius slogan "We Work". This is at the Harvard of the West. Gimme a break.

As for the game experience at Cal, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. It's not the same as what I'm sure you're used to, but I would say it's still a great experience. There's no other stadium that I'm aware of that you can see one of the world's major cities from, the ocean, and 3 bridges. And tailgating at bars is fun once you get used to it (I hope you went to Top Dog last year before or after the game).

For me, the gameday experience MUST include a tailgate. It has to. Otherwise, it's no different than taking the bus to an NFL game. You'll understand once you get to an allbuffs tailgate what I'm talking about. Our set-up has unobstructed views of the Flatirons, the band marches right past on their way into the stadium, and we're conveniently located between three Freshman dorms. All this within about 100 yards of the stadium itself. Without a tailgate, it's not an experience, it's just a game. If you've followed CU football at all for the last five years, you know we need more than just the game.

For me, the gameday experience MUST include a tailgate. It has to. Otherwise, it's no different than taking the bus to an NFL game. You'll understand once you get to an allbuffs tailgate what I'm talking about. Our set-up has unobstructed views of the Flatirons, the band marches right past on their way into the stadium, and we're conveniently located between three Freshman dorms. All this within about 100 yards of the stadium itself. Without a tailgate, it's not an experience, it's just a game. If you've followed CU football at all for the last five years, you know we need more than just the game.

Sacky loves him some freshmen.

[video=youtube;6Wf-mRo7C2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wf-mRo7C2I[/video]

As for the game experience at Cal, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. It's not the same as what I'm sure you're used to, but I would say it's still a great experience. There's no other stadium that I'm aware of that you can see one of the world's major cities from, the ocean, and 3 bridges. And tailgating at bars is fun once you get used to it (I hope you went to Top Dog last year before or after the game).

The bars were fun before the game last year, but only because CU fans were showing the Berkeley kids how it's done. Anyone who was at the Bear's Lair knows what I mean.

The bars were fun before the game last year, but only because CU fans were showing the Berkeley kids how it's done. Anyone who was at the Bear's Lair knows what I mean.

Damn Maxer, it looks like you're down two friends now. Bummer. I'm still with you, brother--you seem like a good guy, and frankly I can't get angry at Cal fans. Cool town, smart students. I'm saving my Pac anger for USC. Nobody else.

Damn Maxer, it looks like you're down two friends now. Bummer. I'm still with you, brother--you seem like a good guy, and frankly I can't get angry at Cal fans. Cool town, smart students. I'm saving my Pac anger for USC. Nobody else.

Watch out Gate will get testy on you.

Dont get excited I said testy not testes.

The Buff faithful had a pretty large presense at Henry's. I'd rank that experience below Eskamo Joe's in Stillwater.

The Cal fans just aren't as football crazy as B12 fans. It was damn hard trying to get into an X's & O's chat with a Bear fan before the game. The Cal fans were not the type to be offering up beers to the maurading visitors.

And the Berkeley PD did quite a bit of beer confiscation on the walk between the bars and the stadium.

I can't say that the view of the bridges and the major city was enough to compensate for the law dogs and lack of a welcome wagon on game day.

That said, having Bart access to campus was great. Cal is the only roadie I've been on that did not require renting or using a car. Plus points for that.

The Buff faithful had a pretty large presense at Henry's. I'd rank that experience below Eskamo Joe's in Stillwater.

The Cal fans just aren't as football crazy as B12 fans. It was damn hard trying to get into an X's & O's chat with a Bear fan before the game. The Cal fans were not the type to be offering up beers to the maurading visitors.

And the Berkeley PD did quite a bit of beer confiscation on the walk between the bars and the stadium.

I can't say that the view of the bridges and the major city was enough to compensate for the law dogs and lack of a welcome wagon on game day.

That said, having Bart access to campus was great. Cal is the only roadie I've been on that did not require renting or using a car. Plus points for that.

I enjoyed the cal gameday lesbian experience. Would have preferred more tailgating tho. Why have all this awesome weather if you are inside a damn bar?

I enjoyed the cal gameday lesbian experience. Would have preferred more tailgating tho. Why have all this awesome weather if you are inside a damn bar?

we stormed some cal alum's tailgate by the stadium, remember. drank all their vodka and orange juice.

but yea, the lack of better gating sucked.

Folsom is the Carnigie Hall of college football stadiums.

It's not the biggest and it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the newer facilities.

But it's a classic venue in a great setting. It's tough to beat the CU and Boulder experience on a football Saturday.
Best stadium college football - not a bad seat in the house. On a warm sunny afternoon it's close to heaven. There's lots of room for expansion on the west side. I hope it stays as home for CU football forever.

I think that the next expansion would be the north endzone. They would finish off the bowl and add tunnels where the ramps are for ralphie and the teams. Its a gorgeous stadium either way and I hope it is always there.

I think that the next expansion would be the north endzone. They would finish off the bowl and add tunnels where the ramps are for ralphie and the teams. Its a gorgeous stadium either way and I hope it is always there.

i think something needs to be done with balch before closing the northend. buffnik's idea of a beer garden in there is gold.

I think Balch adds a lot to the character though. I dont know how many schools still have their old field house and feature it with their football stadium. I do think the concessions on the west side need help. And the bathrooms. Beer garden would be a cool idea if CU would support it. I know they are working on improving the public image of the university and what not but you have to think that the sale of beer is a gold mine that they need to get in on. Maybe for the general crowd they could sell beer regularly and for the students over 21 they get 2 X's and they are done. Would discourage "sharing" and would keep the amount of alcohol in the student section down.

Folsom on a crisp autumn afternoon is college football heaven. Even the top row of the stadium feels like it is right on the sideline, there are no bad sightlines and you can hear and feel the game in addition to seeing it. The low humidity and clear skies allow the light to be crystal clear, giving the game a kind of live HD feel compared to other places were the fans are a long way from the field and the humidity and/or smog kind of dulls the connection to the game. Another big part of the Folsom experience is just getting there seeing the meeting of mountains and plains and the flagstone buildings of the CU campus, unique in all of college football.

As mentioned before a lot of Stanford grads and students think they are above such pedestrian and uncivilized pursuits as football. Also as much as we complain about the out of state students who come with no connection to CU football and return to their homestates or elswhere after graduating Stanford has a much greater number of students who come from distant places and have no real bond to the program. At the same time the "exclusivity" factor or snootyness of the school prevents a lot of locals from identifying with the school or the program since it isn't "their" school. Cal faces some of this as well although they are more along the lines of CU in this regard than they are Stanford.

Last edited:
Folsum on a crisp autumn afternoon is college football heaven. Even the top row of the stadium feels like it is right on the sideline, there are no bad sightlines and you can hear and feel the game in addition to seeing it. The low humidity and clear skies allow the light to be crystal clear, giving the game a kind of live HD feel compared to other places were the fans are a long way from the field and the humidity and/or smog kind of dulls the connection to the game. Another big part of the Folsum experience is just getting there seeing the meeting of mountains and plains and the flagstone buildings of the CU campus, unique in all of college football.

As mentioned before a lot of Stanford grads and students think they are above such pedestrian and uncivilized pursuits as football. Also as much as we complain about the out of state students who come with no connection to CU football and return to their homestates or elswhere after graduating Stanford has a much greater number of students who come from distant places and have no real bond to the program. At the same time the "exclusivity" factor or snootyness of the school prevents a lot of locals from identifying with the school or the program since it isn't "their" school. Cal faces some of this as well although they are more along the lines of CU in this regard than they are Stanford.

:wtf: :ban:

:wtf: :ban:

I willingly take my punishment. I am doing about four different things right now (including working on a case of Tommyknocker that I got as a gift) and was unnacceptably distracted.

:bang::asskicking::facepalm:

I willingly take my punishment. I am doing about four different things right now (including working on a case of Tommyknocker that I got as a gift) and was unnacceptably distracted.

:bang::asskicking::facepalm:

Tommyknocker was real good back in the day, but I've noticed a distinct weakening of their beers, and what they did to their root beer was criminal.

Maybe for the general crowd they could sell beer regularly and for the students over 21 they get 2 X's and they are done. Would discourage "sharing" and would keep the amount of alcohol in the student section down.

I know you mean well, but this is an incredibly bad idea. If they are going to sell beer, sell beer to everybody who is of legal age and has the means to pay for it. It's been pretty well proven that they aren't going to be able to do anything about the amount of alcohol consumed by the students.

I know you mean well, but this is an incredibly bad idea. If they are going to sell beer, sell beer to everybody who is of legal age and has the means to pay for it. It's been pretty well proven that they aren't going to be able to do anything about the amount of alcohol consumed by the students.

Make Balch a beer garden until we figure out how to renovate it. Open it 3 hours before game time and don't let anyone enter the stadium with a beer in hand.

btw, do you think we'll be able to do a Spring Game Sackygate?

There will be a Spring Game sackygate.

Flippin' Sweet!
napoleon.jpg

I know I figured maybe they could sell the plan to the regents lol. makes it sound like we are trying to keep the students from getting drunk, even though it wont happen.

Make Balch a beer garden until we figure out how to renovate it. Open it 3 hours before game time and don't let anyone enter the stadium with a beer in hand.

btw, do you think we'll be able to do a Spring Game Sackygate?

beer gardens are recipes for disaster, imho. and a timed event one would be especially bad, i speculate.

it artificially causes binge drinking as folks try to get an extra one or 4 in before the time runs out or before they leave the garden. it encourages folks to power more in shorter time periods as they try to keep their buzz on after they leave the garden.

if you've visited the student section or the restrooms by the student section any time recently, you know the students have absolutely no trouble getting booze into the stadium. and, because of the artificial limitations placed around their consumption of alcohol, they are ALREADY doing things like pounding a bunch before they go in and sneaking in hard alcohol (which is obviously easier to conceal) and pounding that too.

treat them like children and they will behave like children.

if it were me, i'd open beer sales up to everyone with a valid ID throughout the game...

beer gardens are recipes for disaster, imho. and a timed event one would be especially bad, i speculate.

it artificially causes binge drinking as folks try to get an extra one or 4 in before the time runs out or before they leave the garden. it encourages folks to power more in shorter time periods as they try to keep their buzz on after they leave the garden.

if you've visited the student section or the restrooms by the student section any time recently, you know the students have absolutely no trouble getting booze into the stadium. and, because of the artificial limitations placed around their consumption of alcohol, they are ALREADY doing things like pounding a bunch before they go in and sneaking in hard alcohol (which is obviously easier to conceal) and pounding that too.

treat them like children and they will behave like children.

if it were me, i'd open beer sales up to everyone with a valid ID throughout the game...

And there you have it. It never ceases to amaze me how some problems have the simplest solution, yet they don't get implemented by the people who make the decisions.

Back