What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tennis Blanks Tulane; Janssens Clinches Team Win

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
BOULDER – University of Colorado senior Winde Janssens clinched the singles portion of the match and also teamed up with senior teammate Carla Manzi Tenorio to secure the doubles point in leading the Buffaloes to a 4-0 victory Friday afternoon at the Rocky Mountain Tennis Center. Today was the last home match for both Janssens and Manzi Tenorio.

CU’s win over the Green Wave improves the Buffs to 8-10 overall, breaking a six-match skid all in perhaps the best conference in the country for women’s tennis – The Pac-12. CU faced five of six ranked opponents during that stretch with four of the schools ranked anywhere from No. 1 through No. 16.

Read more...

Nice to see the team didn't become disheartened during the gauntlet it just had to run against all these great Pac-12 teams.

Nice to see the team didn't become disheartened during the gauntlet it just had to run against all these great Pac-12 teams.

I'm curious about how long the leash is for coach Kenneally. I know she's been in charge for 15 years and the Pac-12 is a very difficult conference, but the team is 2-24 since joining the conference and hasn't had a winning record since the 2008-09 season.

I'm curious about how long the leash is for coach Kenneally. I know she's been in charge for 15 years and the Pac-12 is a very difficult conference, but the team is 2-24 since joining the conference and hasn't had a winning record since the 2008-09 season.

Everyone in the administration knows that facilities are lacking and not having a men's team de-emphasizes tennis even more has made her job the toughest uphill battle in the athletic department. It was nice to see some improvements being made to the south campus. I believe that tennis could be good at CU. It has in the past. But there's a certain level of resources necessary to make that happen.

Problem with tennis is it's very hard to pull a real upset. You're either good or you aren't. Upsets are quite rare. No reason CU can't be successful in tennis, you don't have to be in a year round warm weather location. Virginia is the men's national champion and hasn't lost an ACC match in 116 and counting. Women are ranked #3. Northwestern, Michigan, Notre Dame, DePaul all have very solid women's tennis programs. Hate to see tennis neglected like this. Losing the men's program really pissed me off. Let's find an olympic sport besides skiing to excel at and put some serious focus into it. What's the point of being a Pac program when we half ass our effort to be a winner? Either be in it to win it or don't waste your time.

Back