What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Terrel Smith got called out publicly - thoughts?

maybe the coach told him these things first? ANd if it works, nice. If it doesn't work, douchey. Such is life.
Through the kids answers in the interview it sounds like he knows he isnt doing as good as he can do. He said it himself. So what if the coach echoes the feelings of the player.Obviously then its a problem that needs to be corrected. Sounds like Smith knows what needs to be done and how to do it. Nothing wrong with a little extra fire under the kids ass. Players need to be uncomfortable, they need to know they wont be given anything, they need to know that this is not a team where half assing something gets u a spot on the roster. Welcome to Football, if you dont like it go play intramurals with Dan.

What about Parker Orms? He was the man last spring before he broke his leg in half.

Hey, Chino. Thanks for signing up.

I heard a ton of stuff about Orms being a playmaker who would have a breakout year in 2010. If he's back to 100%, I expect he'll be a major factor for us in 2011. One of the guys I personally cheer for.

looking forward to orms, but really don't expect much of him this year. It is a damn hard thing to do to come back 100% within 12 months from such a serious knee injury.

I think we have to get used to the new sheriff in town. Whether calculated or not, it appears that Embree won't be shy about calling out a player or players.

From today's Camera:
Embree said none of the cornerbacks have distinguished themselves so far this spring. ...

Some guys will respond to being called out (or being called "Markeesha"), some guys won't, but it appears that this old school, more professional treatment is here to stay.

Embree's sideline demeanor during games this fall will be interesting to watch.

Embree's sideline demeanor during games this fall will be interesting to watch.
I am excited to see someone that at least appears to know whats going on and how to fix problems and make adjustments during the game rather than this classic look.... images.jpg

hopefully a lot more of this

embree.jpg

I am excited to see someone that at least appears to know whats going on and how to fix problems and make adjustments during the game rather than this classic look.... View attachment 6507

hopefully a lot more of this

View attachment 6508

I knew this was going to come up. I want more fire too, but a good HC knows when to hold back a bit too. There is a happy medium between Dan Hawkins and Mike Stoops.

I knew this was going to come up. I want more fire too, but a good HC knows when to hold back a bit too. There is a happy medium between Dan Hawkins and Mike Stoops.
I think Embree will be that happy medium. He just looks so much more intense then hawk when you compare the two on the sideline.

Here stoops.jpg

see Embree isnt that bad hahaha. He just has a pulse on the sideline. I would be more worried about EB

Through the kids answers in the interview it sounds like he knows he isnt doing as good as he can do. He said it himself. So what if the coach echoes the feelings of the player.Obviously then its a problem that needs to be corrected. Sounds like Smith knows what needs to be done and how to do it. Nothing wrong with a little extra fire under the kids ass. Players need to be uncomfortable, they need to know they wont be given anything, they need to know that this is not a team where half assing something gets u a spot on the roster. Welcome to Football, if you dont like it go play intramurals with Dan.

I'm sure Embree has made his feelings known to Smith, and the rest of the team. Everybody is on notice. The only problem I have is singling players out in Ringo articles. I believe Embree is better than that. Do it man to man. Face to face. Not through the Boulder Daily Camera.

I'm sure Embree has made his feelings known to Smith, and the rest of the team. Everybody is on notice. The only problem I have is singling players out in Ringo articles. I believe Embree is better than that. Do it man to man. Face to face. Not through the Boulder Daily Camera.

Given that Smith said the same thing to the Camera I think it was fair game.

He's a teenager. :lol:

True but what was Embree supposed to say in response?? "Oh he is being too hard on himself, he just needs to cinch a few things up, he always has a sparkle in his eye and works real hard you know a lunchbox kinda guy"...

True but what was Embree supposed to say in response?? "Oh he is being too hard on himself, he just needs to cinch a few things up, he always has a sparkle in his eye and works real hard you know a lunchbox kinda guy"...
Dude. Hawkins is gone. It's time to let go.

I also have a hard time believing Embree got put on the spot by Kyle Ringo. Embree is a little smarter than that. :lol:

Dude. Hawkins is gone. It's time to let go.

I also have a hard time believing Embree got put on the spot by Kyle Ringo. Embree is a little smarter than that. :lol:

Lol that was my point. This coaching staff does things differently. The kids want to play like pros and act like pros. Embree is going to treat them like pros. The kid needs a kick in the shorts in practice what better way then to tell Ringo? Gets the point across yet no one follows Ringo ( except for this board ) so it doesnt get very far. Obviously Embree sees a ton of potential in this kid and wants Smith to prove it to the world. If he didnt Embree wouldnt have wasted his breath

Lol that was my point. This coaching staff does things differently. The kids want to play like pros and act like pros. Embree is going to treat them like pros. The kid needs a kick in the shorts in practice what better way then to tell Ringo? Gets the point across yet no one follows Ringo ( except for this board ) so it doesnt get very far. Obviously Embree sees a ton of potential in this kid and wants Smith to prove it to the world. If he didnt Embree wouldnt have wasted his breath
I see your point.

I just think there's a better way to lead these kids. But what do I know. I'm posting about it on a internet message board. :lol:

GO BUFFS!

You think he showed up because Embo called him out in the paper?

Yes. I firmly believed that played into it.

Terror's the type of kid who needs to have his buttons pushed so he's playing with a chip on his shoulder.

In the future, I hope this type of thing can be handled within the team environment. But it looks as if this worked.

Yes. I firmly believed that played into it.

Terror's the type of kid who needs to have his buttons pushed so he's playing with a chip on his shoulder.

In the future, I hope this type of thing can be handled within the team environment. But it looks as if this worked.
Huh. I guess I don't know what kind of kid Smith is, but it seems that Embo got what he wanted. :thumbsup:

I hope he doesn't call out any more kids in the press. I never liked it when Hawk did it, and I won't like it when whoever replaces Embree does it. :smile2:

Back