1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The admins are aware of site instability throughout the day today. We have our crack technical staff checking it out, but it is probably the Russians. If you are having any specific issues, please post them to the Customer Service Support Forums and we will get to them in the next 24 to 48 weeks. Thank You

Texas A & M Chancellor mr. Sharp

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by PhillyBuff, Aug 16, 2013.

1. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It's hard to say without the context.

It wouldn't surprise me if a university president thought that Olympic athletes were still all considered "amateur athletes" just like college athletes are.

3. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

because bloom played football, if i remember correctly (and given my addled state, i may not be remembering right).

4. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Still pissed at Judge Hale.

5. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly.

If Bloom had been a skier, or a diver, or swimmer - participated in an olympic sport - it would have been different.

6. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Basically if you are in a sport where your autograph is nearly without value, you can sell it. If in a sport that generates $$$ for the school and the NCAA, and therefore your signature might have value, you can't. Makes perfect sense.

7. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

What makes perfect sense is there is absolutely no way to police this in the football / basketball realm. Therefore, the easiest solution is to outlaw it altogether.

If you allowed players to sell their jerseys, autographs, etc. - then schools with big money boosters will be lining up to "buy" players.

8. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

Slade's right, even though it's still bull****.

9. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

I always figured the reason that Bloom got ****ed is because schools like tOSU and Bama would line their kids up for some **** like ping pong endorsements and abuse the **** out of the system.

10. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Noooooooooo! Not Alabama! They would never abuse the system! Now, the Fuskers on the other hand, two words: Tractor Endorsements!

11. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Not sure why guys like Vic Lombardi don't get this. He keeps arguing that if a kid can make money selling his autograph, he should do it. You are correct. This would open the door to even more corruption.