What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texas A&M officially announces Big 12 exit (was: A&M seeking B12 exit)

Big 12 Board Meeting this Saturday? This from the Houston Chronicle today: An A&M insider said the letter is simply the first official, legal step in the process of A&M exiting the Big 12 for the SEC. The Big 12’s directors board is scheduled to meet on Saturday, the insider said, and perhaps at that time release the Aggies from the conference. If so, the SEC would then be free in the days following to invite A&M as its 13th member, and the Big 12 likely would officially begin its pursuit of a 10th member to take A&M’s place – perhaps BYU, Notre Dame, Houston or SMU, among other candidate

:rolling_eyes:

People are saying OU/OSU are next to leave the Big 12 if A&M does but today's San Jose Mercury News said that the Pac-12 is done expanding.

Has Notre Dame ever played on Thanksgiving?

Exactly, assuming the Big12-3 does not fold, Whorns are going to have a conference game that week, and even if they don't why do the Whorns think ND would just go ahead and schedule something with them every year?

Exactly, assuming the Big12-3 does not fold, Whorns are going to have a conference game that week, and even if they don't why do the Whorns think ND would just go ahead and schedule something with them every year?

Because they are Texas. Duh. :rolling_eyes:

:lol:

Allsome. ****ing attention whores. This ain't about money at all. A&M= the bcs of college football

I agree with the starting over bit. The Michael Corleone move would be the following:

Core: UT/OU/ND/BYU
Second Tier: Tech/OSU/Mizzou/Pitt/GA Tech
That's 10. If they wanted to get to 12, they could add:
Third Tier: Arkansas / Miami
To get to 16 and become the first superconference, they add:
Fourth Tier: Baylor / Air Force Navy Army

It's a brilliant move to position themselves with Notre Dame to create a new superconference. It boxes in the PAC-12 geographically, it boxes in the SEC geographically, and probably forces some type of merger between the ACC and BE.

:rofl: :lol3:

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216953

Baylor fan cracks me up. They are so out of touch with reality.

this guy called Texas the most fertile recruiting ground in the country.....

that could mean a few things.....

Texas recruits **** a lot....
Texas recruits get **** ed a lot
Texas girls get pregnant a lot...

seriously..... if it is the most fertile recruiting ground in the country then... their coaches must suck because they have exactly 1 National Championship in their state since the 1971.

this guy called Texas the most fertile recruiting ground in the country.....

that could mean a few things.....

Texas recruits **** a lot....
Texas recruits get **** ed a lot
Texas girls get pregnant a lot...

seriously..... if it is the most fertile recruiting ground in the country then... their coaches must suck because they have exactly 1 National Championship in their state since the 1971.

How many does Oklahoma have? Nebraska? Colorado?

It's fertile, just not always for the Texas schools.

Rep to abs for taking the time to get a login at the Baylor board so he could make fun of them.

Big 12 will lose at least 1 more school in this process, IMO.

Mizz-our-ah will find out how much more in common with their neighbors to the south (Arkansas) than they do to the west (Kansas and Co.)

The original crybaby's for life outside the Big 12 will be "Team #14" to the SEC. Kansas will then retaliate (under the guidance of Bevo) and claim they won't play them anymore.

The Big 12-2 will now be 12-4. The Big East will then start making offers to Kansas and probably Kansas State as a packaged deal.

This will backfire.

The Big 12-4 will then go on a full offensive to pry the football members of the Big East into a new 16-team superconference.

Big Eight DivisionBig East Division
TexasWest Virginia
OklahomaPittsburgh
Oklahoma StateLouisville
KansasSyracuse
Kansas StateRutgers
Iowa StateSouth Florida
Texas TechConnecticut
BaylorCincinnati

TCU will get f---ed one more time by the former SWC members, Notre Dame will decline an invitation to this conference knowing that it would effectively kill any further "superconference" mania due to lack of options for the Pac-12 to go "super". The SEC could raid the ACC for 2 members (Virginia Tech and NC State?) but the ACC could counter that by offering East Carolina or go after one of the Big East division members, who would then have TCU or BYU as a backup plan with a new divisional alignment.

Mack Brown in a dress.....kicking the aggies to the curb.

owned.gif

If ATM goes SEC, Mizzou is probably next and the other two come from the east. Bilateral Symmetry. AD phones all over are busy. It may be near the beginning of establishing another tier in college football. It will be interesting these next few.

bah-

I've had my account restricted, i guess facts are an issue for them.

Man, I would love to sit in on those negotiations. Talk about two schools that think they are they end-all and that others should bow to their whims...

ESPN reporting aTm expected to leave Big 12-2 by the end of next week

I would like to see Mizzou be #14 for the SEC

F*** TexASS

Last edited:
You can't make this stuff up: "Why should Notre Dame want to play in Texas? 7 mil Catholics... and rising, more Catholics than Florida, North Carolina and Arizona combined!"

Why stop there? Throw in Israel, Saudi Arabia, India, and China! Now you're talking some serious leverage!

You can't make this stuff up: "Why should Notre Dame want to play in Texas? 7 mil Catholics... and rising, more Catholics than Florida, North Carolina and Arizona combined!"

Why stop there? Throw in Israel, Saudi Arabia, India, and China! Now you're talking some serious leverage!

Wow. And how many of those 7 million Catholics speak English and watch Football (not Futbol)?

ESPN reporting aTm expected to leave Big 12-2 by the end of next week

I would like to see Mizzou be #14 for the SEC

F*** TexASS

NOOOOO!!!! That is a slippery slope that probably leads to Texas in the Pac-12. We need them to hold that crappy conference together with gum and bailing wire if need be. Our best option is that they take NC, NC-State or Florida State as #14.

NOOOOO!!!! That is a slippery slope that probably leads to Texas in the Pac-12. We need them to hold that crappy conference together with gum and bailing wire if need be. Our best option is that they take NC, NC-State or Florida State as #14.

If (actually, when) A&M goes to the SEC there will at minimum be a 14th team, likely to be followed by #15 and #16. Missouri probably makes more sense because they would get the SEC into St. Louis and KC and the Tigers are itching to leave the Big 12, while NCSU might be a tougher sell with the political pressure they would endure when trying to leave. But I'm sure the SEC would love to get a school in the state of NC since a good amount of talent comes out the state, although they already do pretty well here.

I think it's looking more and more like Tejas would go (or have to go) independent before joining PAC12. I wouldn't mind maybe getting OU and OSU along with a couple others. Not sure how it's all going to play out but as long as the whornes don't go west I will be happy!

I think it's looking more and more like Tejas would go (or have to go) independent before joining PAC12. I wouldn't mind maybe getting OU and OSU along with a couple others. Not sure how it's all going to play out but as long as the whornes don't go west I will be happy!

I hope it comes crashing down and we have a Big 8 minus the fuskers and missou who will be in the SEC with aTm reunion in the Pac. Although that puts it at 17 so maybe ISU to the Mountain West.

You can do the 4 team pods, OU, OSU, KU, KjSU in East (adding Central time zone)
CU, UU, UA, ASU in the Mountain Pod
U$C, fUCLA, CAL & Stanford in the Pacific Pod
UO, OSU, UW, WSU in the Northwest Pod

I really don't see any reason for the Pac to expand. The only school that would bring anything to the table is UT, and that's a cancer we don't need.

Anyone get the feeling that 16 team conferences won't happen for awhile?

I don't know. It may be closer than ever. A&M is going to the SEC (FACT!). They need at least 1 more to join them. Mizzou wants out of the Big 12 in the worst way (they have finally learned their lesson from last year when they bragged about having an invite (they didn't) and have kept their pie hole shut!), and would probably join the European Football League if given the opporunity. I gotta think they are capaigning hard behind the scenes to be part of the move. That would only happen if the SEC went to 16 teams. If they move to 16, then I gotta think Larry Scott makes a run at OU (and 3 others who don't matter). Should be fun to watch.

Presently the SEC plays 4 non-conference games and 8 conference games. 5 games against division opponents, and 3 games against the other division.

A 14 team league means two 7-team divisions. 6 games against your division rivals, + 3 games against the other division. That only leaves 3 non-conference games in a 12 game schedule.

A 16 team league totally ****s scheduling up.

Presently the SEC plays 4 non-conference games and 8 conference games. 5 games against division opponents, and 3 games against the other division. A 14 team league means two 7-team divisions. 6 games against your division rivals, + 3 games against the other division. That only leaves 3 non-conference games in a 12 game schedule. A 16 team league totally ****s scheduling up.
Agreed, it does mess with scheduling. Think of it this way -- with 7 teams in the "other" division, how do you make a logical and fair rotation? With the old big12 there was a 2-team, 2-year rotation based on home and home format. The odd # of teams throws that out the window right away. Any 2 and 3 team (home/home) rotation with 14 teams means that there's one school who won't be on your slate for 12 years (1st time you see them again is year 13).

I don't see any easy way to do this.

Back