What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texas AD charging Texas Tech band $100 per ticket

now i feel guilty about the "toss the urine ballon in the tuba" contest.

Reactions: SBG
Ralphie has traveled to exactly one regular season road game. Georgia.
I'm like 99% sure this isn't true. I'm pretty sure Ralphie went to the game at FSU when Crosby kicked a 50+ yarder that was our only score in the game. I remember the announcers talking about how the game contract included a paragraph that we would bring Ralphie, and that we charged FSU an additional 40 grand to do it.

I'm like 99% sure this isn't true. I'm pretty sure Ralphie went to the game at FSU when Crosby kicked a 50+ yarder that was our only score in the game. I remember the announcers talking about how the game contract included a paragraph that we would bring Ralphie, and that we charged FSU an additional 40 grand to do it.

You are welcome to look it up. I'm 99% sure I'm right.

Ralphie has traveled to exactly one regular season road game. Georgia.

You are welcome to look it up. I'm 99% sure I'm right.
I'm 99% sure that Plati would know.

CU used to travel semi-often when Bohn was AD. Now, due to AD funding being routed elsewhere, they send a 30 member band to 1 away game. This year that trip will be to UCLA.

Not many bands come here for a variety of reasons. 1) Travel cost. Long flight and hotels are not available in town. 2) CU Fans have a bad rep. Back in the days of marshmallows in the stadium, the students caused somewhere close to $10k in damage by throwing marshmallows filled with batteries and quarters along with fruit at Oklahoma's marching band.

I was a student during the marshmallow era. Although I had heard plenty of stories of marshmallows or quarters in there, I never experienced or knew peronally a single person who could support it. They were frozen sometimes, but what's the fun if there isn't a little risk?

I was a student during the marshmallow era. Although I had heard plenty of stories of marshmallows or quarters in there, I never experienced or knew peronally a single person who could support it. They were frozen sometimes, but what's the fun if there isn't a little risk?

I was in the student section during the during the halftime marshmallow fights as well. The worst I ever saw was about 5-6 marshmallows packed into a nasty sticky ball. You could throw those further, but it still wouldn't hurt if you got hit with one.

I remember being at that 2002 Tech game. TT had a huge band and they lined up a whole bunch of them up right before their halftime performance right on the sideline directly in front of the students. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea? Even if the whole place wasn't primed with marshmallows and tortillas, lining them up that close was asking for someone to throw something!

Oh, the good old days... when the students actually filled more than 1/2 of the student section.

Bro you ever been to Austin or Lubbock? I wouldn't wish either on anyone here except Rugged maybe, love his bitchass too ha ha.
Austin is one of the greatest cities I have ever been to, to compare Austin to Lubbock is like comparing Boulder to Sterling

I am with you on that one, my daughters HS has 412 students, and tonight's football game will be "Friday Night Lights" the whole town will be there
Damn bro, that's smaller than where I grew up. We only had 11000 in the town but had 1150 students, somewhere around there.

Ah... for the days when Folsom was a feared place for opponents to play. I keep hearing about the team "getting its swagger back" but what about the crowd? I gotta think that there's been enough of a turnover in the AD and security team that they wouldn't even think to confiscate marshmallows anymore.

Ah... for the days when Folsom was a feared place for opponents to play. I keep hearing about the team "getting its swagger back" but what about the crowd? I gotta think that there's been enough of a turnover in the AD and security team that they wouldn't even think to confiscate marshmallows anymore.
They'd have to confiscate the team?

Back