What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texas Longhorns and CU coaching search overlap

UT doesn't like being in aTm's shadow. Sumlin and Johnny Football are the rave of Texas. Brown probably is a dead man walking.

UT doesn't like being in aTm's shadow. Sumlin and Johnny Football are the rave of Texas. Brown probably is a dead man walking.

Hmmm. I could see UT taking a shot at getting Sumlin. No matter how rich aggie is, cow is richer. Plus, the job is way better.

Hmmm. I could see UT taking a shot at getting Sumlin. No matter how rich aggie is, cow is richer. Plus, the job is way better.

I can only imagine the meltdown in Aggieland if that did happen but I don't think the UT job is that much better than the A&M job right now. I can imagine UT fans are seething right now from all the attention that A&M is getting this year in football...that SEC move is paying off big already. Getting whipped by OU in Dallas and A&M's success in the SEC is killing those puke orange cow fans...that brings a smile to my face.

And getting Mack Brown back to 2005 isn't? Sorry for being the unrealistic one here...

I've spoken with a handful of people who go to every UT event imaginable. They all say the same thing. The guy has aged tremendously over the past 3 years. He hit a wall.

I think MB's situation is more like Lloyd Carr at UM or Phil Fulmer at UT; both guys won championships and did great things, but then started sliding for various reasons. Plus, i think mack is quite a bit younger than Bowden and JoePa were when they were fighting to stay on.

I think nearly everyone associated with Texas likes MB and what he's done. However, I think most feel that you can't get paid $5m/year--at a school like Texas with its resources--to produce middle of the pack results. Sure, you did great things, but you already got paid big bucks for those accomplishments. Yesterday is gone.
Thats just what I heard and not from fans, fill in the blanks. Htown, what you said is pretty much what I heard.

Mack can recruit, but struggles coaching without his radio.

220px-Radio-movie_Poster.jpg

AND

tumblr_lcdkonQTR81qzpapgo1_400.jpg

Back