What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texas: Ultimately wants Big Ten?

OKCBuff

Boy, I'd love to see this for several reasons:

1. Haha to Nowledge U, you'd be stuck with UT anyway!
2. Ends any hope of a "Big 12 South" in the Pac-"insert number here"
3. The undeserving freeloaders in the potential Pac-16 (OSU and Tech) get left behind with the rest

Of course, the following is simply a random poster, but who knows when someone really is spot on, right? So here's another log on the expansion fire: UT really wants the Big Ten and would go if they could get OU to go with them. OU would LOVE that, because then they could keep UT, add NU to the Thanksgiving weekend schedule again and either lose OSU entirely or turn it into a RMS-style non-conference deal to start the season. The Legislature here (more OSU alums) would fight like hell on this.

Anyway, here ya go: http://northwestern.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=901&fid=57&style=2&tid=143839427&Page=12

anything is possible, but I just don't see it. UT's prez is a big Pac 10 guy and they don't want to have to play a ton of cold weather games. Would be pretty funny though.

I generally pay closer to Big 10 scoop when it's coming from Northwestern sources. They're located very close to the Big 10 offices in Chicago. This either means that there's validity to it or that it's a planted story meant to pressure Notre Dame.

Assuming it's valid regarding UT, I'll take a Pac 12 with Utah and be very happy. 5 divisional games plus 4 cross-divisional games for a 9-game in-conference schedule. That way, we're playing everyone at least 2 out of every 3 seasons. Be nice.

Probably won't happen IMO. I don't think the Big 10 wants Texass honestly, they seem to end up being a self-centered whore after awhile and that may kill a conference. *see what's happening as we speak*

Interesting take. I thought the opposite. Why would anyone voluntarily post something on a NW board? They are easily the least popular BT school with only a smattering of fans. Then again, it is likely an intellectual bunch, however small they may be.

I generally pay closer to Big 10 scoop when it's coming from Northwestern sources. They're located very close to the Big 10 offices in Chicago. This either means that there's validity to it or that it's a planted story meant to pressure Notre Dame.

Back