What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texass & Notre Dame To The Big 10 ?

Baylor can go suck a big one after what they tried to do to CU last year

If the Pac 12 has to go to 16 (which I hope they don't), I would prefer to see them go with Oklahoma, Okie State, Kansas and New Mexico. Screw K-State, Missouri and all the leftover Texas schools.

Nobody can adequately explain to me the need for the Pac 12 to expand. I don't care if everybody else is at 14 or 16 teams. There's no good reason for us to do the same.

I agree with this.

P.S. I don't want Mizzery's whining ass in the PAC. If we have to go to 14, make it OU and KU.

This brings a smile to my face...UT and Nebraska in the same room. :rofl:

a6cd0bb6-01dd-939c.jpg

To a large extent you are correct. We aren't going to go to a system of 16 team conferences without the conferences agreeing to it and they are not going to go there without the agreement of the PAC, they aren't going to give up the western half of the country including the SoCal market.

The schools they are talking about adding don't necessarily increase the media value of the conference enough to balance the shares that those schools would get and don't neccessarily add to the marketability of the individual schools products in the conference. I don't see people in Seattle or Berkley clamoring to see their teams play Tech or the Cowboys.

As I said earlier it is all about money. If the monetary value of the additions and changes exceed the cost in distributions and other impacts then it will happen, I am sensing though that some of the universities leadership, reflected by the comments of Benson, is starting to say "hold on a minute, let's take a closer look."

This is what I've been saying all along. The Pac holds all the cards. OU is not going to anywhere else. The Big Ten doesn't want them, and they don't want the SEC. When and if comes to expansion to 14, it becomes simple. If OU is so terribly desperate to come west, tell them fine, but you tell Okie State they're not coming along. Tech is the same way. What could they possibly bring financially that would expand our shares and not diminish it. KU brings $$$$$. They and OU should be the target, if there is any expansion at all. If you get to the point where there is a need to bump from 14 to 16, re-evaluate from there and see who makes the most financial sense at that point - it's likely not going to be Okie St or Tech.

That would be hilarious for Nebraska, they're Texas' bitch. As long as the whornes aren't with CU, I don't give a flying **** where they are.
The comic relief in the boardroom, with uTerus and the nubbies, would be gold. And if it happens, anyone wanna bet that the first time they play in stinkoln, the game clock will start at 59:59 ?

CU allegiances aside, that would make for a very cool Big Ten conference IMO.

CU allegiances aside, that would make for a very cool Big Ten conference IMO.

throw NU, ND, and UT in the mix and maybe, finally Big Ten fan will stop acting like everyone in the world thinks a 5 win Purdue team or playing at N'western are really tough games. prolly not.

ESPN trying to manipulate things towards their agenda. What else is new. Having grown up in B10 country, I hate for them to have to deal with Texas from now on. I always figured ND would join eventually, once their ego got out of the way. But that would take awhile, it's a big ego.

'braska must feel like a girl being stalked by Jason in a "Friday 13th" movie.

Put this one in your pipe and smoke it: Texas joins the BIG10, causing Nebraska to start exploring their options. Oklahoma and Nebraska to the new PAC-14. Baylor works to build a new super(natural) conference with SMU and Colorado Christian.

The possibilities are endless.

Put this one in your pipe and smoke it: Texas joins the BIG10, causing Nebraska to start exploring their options. Oklahoma and Nebraska to the new PAC-14. Baylor works to build a new super(natural) conference with SMU and Colorado Christian.

The possibilities are endless.
eh. nebraska can suck a dick.

Love the rumor, just for the thrill this must be giving the fuskers. But can't see UT letting go of their network for anyone.

I'd prefer NU to UT every day and twice on Sundays. Not that I have any particular affinity for the nubs, but because they are good conference partners. They don't actively work at destroying their conference from the inside out. Their fans are obnoxious asstards who all deserve a swift kick in the nuts, but we've dealt with that for years.

I'd prefer NU to UT every day and twice on Sundays. Not that I have any particular affinity for the nubs, but because they are good conference partners. They don't actively work at destroying their conference from the inside out. Their fans are obnoxious asstards who all deserve a swift kick in the nuts, but we've dealt with that for years.

Which isn't any different than Horns fans, without all the built in greed.

I would love this. UT can join the Nubs, PAC can invite OU and KU then tell OSU, KSU and TTech to go pound sand.

Translation of last post: bunch of Ut boosters want to go to Ut and don't like their loss of influence to espn. Big 10 says that Ut coming in would be very nice, but only if espn goes away, leaving the lhn under big 10 control at no cost to the big 10.

Someone has been smelling their own farts too long. And they wear orange. :lol:

This smells fishy. Why would OU approach the Big Ten when they know that Okie State is not going to be invited?Either they are joined at the hip or they aren't.

This smells fishy. Why would OU approach the Big Ten when they know that Okie State is not going to be invited?Either they are joined at the hip or they aren't.

They know they are leaving. It's just good business to see what options are out there before making a decision that could determine the next hundred years for the athletic department.

If UT goes Big10 leaving everyone in Texas and the Big12 behind, what leverage does OU have to bring OSU along to the party in any conference?

Hey, nothing is ever a sure thing in this deal, but I just don't see it happening. Politics play a huge part of this as everyone knows.

Back