What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thank Goodness for AllBuffs

BeachBronco

I never realised it living in Colorado, mainly because I was a lot younger, but the coverage by the Rocky Mountain News on CU is absolutely pathetic. Man, I live down here in lower Alabama and our local paper is the Mobile Regster. Even during the March when there is nothing going on you will still get a page everyday dedicated to Alabama and Auburn football. The RMN is crap, or at least their web site which is what I rely on. Also of note, I, as a graduate of Chatfield High School I was very saddened to hear about the food poisoning of the team heading into their second round game against Mullen Communtiy Coll.....er High School. I never saw a follow up story about the team other then a box score telling me the Chargers got hammered. The paper sucks.

The worst part is that I, as a Chatfield graduate as well, got the same virus the team had the weekend before. It was the norovirus, not food poinsoning, we were at a party that 33 of the 58 people got sick, but 6 month old babies got sick so food poisoning was ruled out. Not a fun time. Feel bad for those guys, it totally sucks all the energy out of you.

The two local rags have gone downhill the last few years. All you get in the RMN is a little notes thing, about a column and a half, for each area team. Once or twice a week, they will do an "in depth" column. The Post isn't much better. But it isn't just college football. Pro baseball coverage was a total joke until we made the run. All the locals care about are the Broncos. I just think they've been slashing their budgets to the point where they don't pay their reporters to cover the teams.

The Denver Post and RMN are functioning under some joint opperating agreement. Basically economic forces dictates that the Denver market can't support two major daily papers.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if cutbacks continue at the RMN until it folds or gets sold off.

When it comes to Buff coverage, the Longmont and Boulder papers are excelling, while the Denver Post and RMN are in decline. Bummer.

The Denver Post and RMN are functioning under some joint opperating agreement. Basically economic forces dictates that the Denver market can't support two major daily papers.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if cutbacks continue at the RMN until it folds or gets sold off.

When it comes to Buff coverage, the Longmont and Boulder papers are excelling, while the Denver Post and RMN are in decline. Bummer.

the Denver Post did not even have a side note or anything the day after Dizon was announced as a Butkus finalist. Zip, zilch, nada.

Back