What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thank You AllBuffs - Notes for 2011 Season

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Since the high school football season is upon us and we have a lot of new members since last season, I wanted to post a reminder in the recruiting forum.

AllBuffs is not a corporate site. Mods are uncompensated volunteers (other than the hooker and blow money we skim off the top). Because of this, we rely almost completely on user-generated content to make this site work. Whether that's posting about an article that may be of interest to other fans, letting us know about a rating change from the premium scouting services that the mods haven't updated yet, giving us info you may have about a specific prospect because you know him or people close to him (can be done via PM to me or Boulder Buff and we'll post while leaving you anonymous if you'd like/need to), or something you found on Facebook, Twitter or other social media.

Beyond that, we encourage people to start their own poll or topic threads in the recruiting forum on current issues or events... or to get people engaged on general strategies, opinions of coaches, etc. Users are also encouraged to create profiles of prospects we don't currently have in the Recruit Profile Index. Please reserve profile creation for those prospects with reported offers or that you know we are recruiting. Try to be consistent with the format of other profiles, but a mod will clean it up for you or help to round it out too.

Finally, we would love to get more first-hand reports of prospects if any of you have a chance to watch a guy play in a game. Whether you're comfortable giving a detailed scouting report or only able to say how the game went and whether the player passed the eyeball test and stood out, it's a valuable contribution to the board and much appreciated. If you do write up a first-hand report, please post it as a new thread rather than in the recruit's profile thread. Title it as something like "Scouting Tyler Henington - Sep 9th @ Grandview".

I sincerely want to thank you for all you guys and gals do to make AllBuffs great and for making our Football Forum one of the best resources for Buff fans. I'm looking forward to another great season and I'm excited to see how we'll be able to grow and improve things again this year.

Edit: As a reminder to vets and direction for noobs, we treat the Recruiting Forum a bit differently than the free-for-all we pretty much have on the rest of AllBuffs. Please check out the Forum Guidelines thread that is stickied at the top of the forum thread list: HERE. In there, you'll also find a link to the CU compliance office's brochure on what you can and cannot be doing as a CU booster.

Leaf Me Alone

Leaf me alone.
Don’t bark at me like an angry dog
Don’t tell me to branch out or try and spruce me up.
Yew maple* me any way you wish
But I don’t want to go against my grain.
I like the roots I’ve got
And willow-er* my standards not a jot
(Though you wood say they’re low enough already).
I’m knot going to rowan* my life pining for you.
Don’t give me sage advice to make me poplar.
I’m alder than yew, your changes walnut* stick.
I have the balsa knot bough* before your Ivy League education
And I’ve found my grove,
Don’t blame me if I like acorny joke every now and then.
Yew can take that “holly-er than thou” attitude and shove it up your ash.

Leaf Me Alone

Leaf me alone.
Don’t bark at me like an angry dog
Don’t tell me to branch out or try and spruce me up.
Yew maple* me any way you wish
But I don’t want to go against my grain.
I like the roots I’ve got
And willow-er* my standards not a jot
(Though you wood say they’re low enough already).
I’m knot going to rowan* my life pining for you.
Don’t give me sage advice to make me poplar.
I’m alder than yew, your changes walnut* stick.
I have the balsa knot bough* before your Ivy League education
And I’ve found my grove,
Don’t blame me if I like acorny joke every now and then.
Yew can take that “holly-er than thou” attitude and shove it up your ash.

:bowdown:

Rep to you sir!

Mods, please Spruce up the title of this thread to "Thank you, Fight CU!"

Put those words to the tune of "I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok" and I think we have a Stoudt award winner!

Back