What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thank You C-Unit (Daily Camera Article)

BTW i dont care for the Hokies, but this stuff is nuts

[video=youtube;Uldsgmhzr_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uldsgmhzr_U&feature=related[/video]

@ 0:56 that is quite possible one of my favorite views of a college football game, ever

I think watching the Pac 12 tourney was the highlight for me. The C-Unit and other Buff fans completely owned the arena, sounded like a home game.

Great Job!

Amazing to see it take off this year like it did, congrats to all who played a large part. Looking back, however, as with the players who deserve our ever-lasting thanks for laying the groundwork in the '09/'10 and '10/'11 seasons when things started to take off...
...the students who started to really get things on the right track in terms of getting the Keg rocking (finally showing some ****ing life in there after years of it being completely dead) in '09/'10 and continued massive progress in '10/'11 deserve a big 'thank you' as well.

In light of all the credit that the students are getting I just want to point out that the student section was full for only 4 of 9 games last year (i'm not counting the ones over winter break).

In light of all the credit that the students are getting I just want to point out that the student section was full for only 4 of 9 games last year (i'm not counting the ones over winter break).

Shut the **** up and go play in traffic.

Shut the **** up and go play in traffic.

He has a good point. The students are making huge progress, and should be praised. But we still have a way to go. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

He has a good point. The students are making huge progress, and should be praised. But we still have a way to go. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

This is about the CUnit though and thanking them.

Yup. They showed up for some big games that were convenient to their schedules and made a lot of press noise because the AD paid for many of them to go to the Tourneys. Would our student section be given so much praise if we hadn't shipped them to the Tourneys? My guess is no, because we would not have gotten close to 50 students to pay their own way there. The student section needs to be fans for the games over winter break and be fans when we play bad teams and be fans when we aren't doing well ourselves. Right now, they are still very bandwagonesque.

Yes. It is a process. Things are going well, but we are not where we ultimately can be, yet.

Congratulations!!! You are the 1,000,000 person to make that joke!!! For your prize you get a word of the day!!! Your word is..........originality!!!

may you can give him rep as a prize instead of a lame word of the day thing.

This is about the CUnit though and thanking them.

Thanking them for what? Accepting a free trip to LA? This whole thing has gone overboard. A C-Unit "reunion/thank you" dinner, seriously? And I'm speaking as a student who went on one of these trips. Again the students shouldn't be getting so much credit for accepting a free trip and they certainly shouldn't be getting credit for a regular season in which the student section wasn't even full for a majority of the games. Even when it was full I wasn't all that impressed by the atmosphere. I'm sure it's better then it used to be but it's still not great.

I can tell you exactly what Bohn is doing with things such as this dinner, all the praise he's given, and having a student cut down the net first after beating Arizona. It's not about "thanking" them, it's a PR campaign of sorts. He's trying to build the "brand" of the student section and harvest support for future seasons. How do you think the Daily Camera knew the AD was putting on this dinner? And do you really think Bohn is being serious when he says, "I can see this group of students being named into the hall of fame some day.”

Thanking them for what? Accepting a free trip to LA? This whole thing has gone overboard. A C-Unit "reunion/thank you" dinner, seriously? And I'm speaking as a student who went on one of these trips. Again the students shouldn't be getting so much credit for accepting a free trip and they certainly shouldn't be getting credit for a regular season in which the student section wasn't even full for a majority of the games. Even when it was full I wasn't all that impressed by the atmosphere. I'm sure it's better then it used to be but it's still not great.

I can tell you exactly what Bohn is doing with things such as this dinner, all the praise he's given, and having a student cut down the net first after beating Arizona. It's not about "thanking" them, it's a PR campaign of sorts. He's trying to build the "brand" of the student section and harvest support for future seasons. How do you think the Daily Camera knew the AD was putting on this dinner? And do you really think Bohn is being serious when he says, "I can see this group of students being named into the hall of fame some day.”

:lol:

Thanks for the insightful post. Of course it is a goddamn PR campaign. Holy hell, man.

What does thanking the 50 students that went to every game have to do with the section not being 100% full for every game?

The momentum is great. The growth is great. The play we're getting in the press is great.

But right now, we have a good student section, not a great one.

It's Marketing 101, though. The best way to get it where we want it to be is to make everyone believe that CU basketball games are the place to be. So the AD is pulling out all the stops with the PR effort. On top of that, the AD and the coaches are going out of their way to make sure that the students who are currently dedicated to the effort are shown a lot of appreciation.

JRK, I don't know why this offends your delicate sensibilities. Unless you think that everyone doesn't get it and we're not just playing along to support what is being built.

The momentum is great. The growth is great. The play we're getting in the press is great.

But right now, we have a good student section, not a great one.

It's Marketing 101, though. The best way to get it where we want it to be is to make everyone believe that CU basketball games are the place to be. So the AD is pulling out all the stops with the PR effort. On top of that, the AD and the coaches are going out of their way to make sure that the students who are currently dedicated to the effort are shown a lot of appreciation.

JRK, I don't know why this offends your delicate sensibilities. Unless you think that everyone doesn't get it and we're not just playing along to support what is being built.

Exactly.

JRK, everyone realizes this is mostly about marketing. The fact that the AD is finally starting to recognize good marketing strategies is a big-time positive.

I look at it as a celebration of continued year-over-year growth in student support of mens basketball since the start of the Bzdelik era. I also look at it as an investment in the continuation of that growth, and it's certainly a PR/Marketing move. Just think back to all the positive press it garnered the program.

Cynicism aside, I still think it was a very cool gesture from the AD's office.

Back