What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thank you Embree and Pac 12 for rekindling my excitement

I opened your link and read the Platitudes column.

Plati has a Q&A with Mac on the 25th anniversary of his hiring.

One of the questions was about the Michigan game and the catch. Towards the tail end of Mac's answer, Mac seems to go out of his way to give credit to Rick. It took me off guard.

:lol: totally missed that!

I opened your link and read the Platitudes column.

Plati has a Q&A with Mac on the 25th anniversary of his hiring.

One of the questions was about the Michigan game and the catch. Towards the tail end of Mac's answer, Mac seems to go out of his way to give credit to Rick. It took me off guard.

here is what Buffellow is talking about....

Q: We could never do this and not talk about “The Catch.”
A: “This is another game I point to, because I personally knew how hard I was to go in there and win. That is easily among the great victories in the history of Colorado. There are many things that went into that. If people recall, the last play of the first half, we ran that same exact play. So we had a chance to have had rehearsed it, not knowing we would need it later on. Kordell (Stewart) was special. Not that many guys can throw the ball that high or that far, plus you have to have the trajectory on it to buy the receivers time to get under the ball. Rick Neuheisel deserves a lot of credit for that play because he had the wherewithal and understanding of the play to make it have a chance. It really came from him more than anybody else. That was another thing about Rick that I liked so much. He coached that game all the way, because he really believed we could win it. He communicated that. Even though the clock was against us, he never gave up. I credit his attitude and perspective as much as anything in keeping us going right to the buzzer.”

Back