What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thanks for stealing the Buffs thunder, Bowlen!!!

Tatanka™

Chief Allbuffs Grammarian and Uniformologist
Club Member
Finally people are talking about the Buffs for positive reasons and Bowlen fires McDumb. Now it'll be back to all Broncos talk all the time.

DickMove%5B1%5D.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. CU getting at least a little local talk radio attention over the next few days and now it is right back to Broncos 24/7.

On the plus side, we're getting segues like "And now for some good coaching news. CU announced Jon Embree as their new coach today." Makes CU look like they're ahead of the Broncos right now...

Yeah - really pisses me off. We won't get any attention now.

Who cares!

Bowlen will be writing checks to former coaches for years. The Broncos are now as insignificant as CU football was before this week. I turn the Broncos on while I take a nap. I turn on CU football to get jacked up. Incredible week.

Yea, the Broncos fired McDaniels just to upstage CU. Come on. :rolling_eyes:

no. its not that. the donks needed to fire McD. everyone knew that.

it is/was that CU had this day planned for the better part of a week, to announce the new head coach and im sure they were hoping for a bit of a spotlight on their new coach. instead, the coverage will be 75/25 in favor of the broncos.

i had the same reaction when i got home and had on ESPN and heard the news. "really? today? can the Buffs get one day?"

here is the thing. i dont think PB gives two ****s about CU and therefore he never gave a seconds thought to upstaging the Buffs. he just pulled the trigger and it was bad for the Buffs in terms of timing.

i can see MB sitting in his office, facepalm saying, "really Pat?! you had to do that today?". shaking his head.

its not that the Broncos tried to upstage the Buffs. its more about the timing of it all.

IMO anyway

Does anyone else have reception issues with 87.7? It's always scratchy for me in Parker.

My sister is at the Omni event right now and like Jens posted in another thread, Bohn told the crowd that the Broncos had called to apologize - that they had intended to wait until tomorrow for CU to have the day, but there had been a leak so they had to go public with it.

Im hearing the broncos like Calhoun, dont see why they dont go after Cowher or Gruden. Is it the pricetag or what?

Im hearing the broncos like Calhoun, dont see why they dont go after Cowher or Gruden. Is it the pricetag or what?

Probably. Bowlen still owes Shanahan money and will be paying McD for 3(?) more years. Will be paying 6+ million to former coaches this year.

After a night to sleep on this, it still pisses me off.

Donks should have waited until today, this is their off day and makes more sense anyway.

Vic and Gary said that the Broncos contacted Bohn to apologize but that it had to be done.

Back