What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thanks White

What's crazy is that he did it everywhere. I'm not a stats guy and don't have the numbers but it seemed like pretty much all season he shot and passed well, set up plays, rebounded, got blocks, played solid individual and help d, made 3s, made steals, and showed up in the clutch. Also, while he didn't really seem like a vocal leader he was willing to take the team on his back during games where that was needed. He had to work into that leadership role and I wish he had done that earlier in the season, but to me, that's a coaching problem and not on him.

I'm guessing D league for a couple seasons and then he'll get a 14 day contract in the league due to someone's injury and then never leave. He's good and learning game by game, hasn't even plateaued yet.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's our best all-around player since Chauncey. (Burks, Higgins, Dre all close tho.) His inside/outside game is so suited to the NBA.
Two weeks ago I would've thought you were crazy, but he has been on a crazy run the past couple weeks and he has put himself in the conversation. Derrick deserved better, but showcasing your talent in the Pac-12 and hopefully going to the NBA is a good consolation prize. For someone that in high school wasn't hardly thought of when we played them to this is special for sure.

One of the 5 or 6 best point guards in the country. We went from a great shooting team that just needed a PG, to a mediocre shooting team that relied too heavily on its PG. Cruel joke.

The Dude can play.

Putting up 31 against UofA was his masterpiece. 2nd game in 2 days against an obviously more talented team that won the Pac-12 Tourney and just got a 2 seed in the Dance, and they couldn't stop him. Miller said as much. He was the best player on the floor, and one of the best in the conference all year.

We hardly knew ya Derrick. Good luck in the future!

Last edited:
Any idea where he's projected? I think he's a better athlete than he looks but still below average for NBA standards. His size is a plus

Awesome season wasted. I hate the NCAA for preventing us from seeing him with Scott. Great buff.

It seems like it doesn't benefit players or the NCAA product ($$$$) to force someone to sit out a year when transferring up a level. We don't do the penalty year for transferring down a level. Maybe someone can explain the rationale to me, because I am missing something on this one.

There could be something of an academic hit. But otherwise not much reason, don't know how common it is to move from D2 to D1.

Last edited:
It seems like it doesn't benefit players or the NCAA product ($$$$) to force someone to sit out a year when transferring up a level. We don't do the penalty year for transferring down a level. Maybe someone can explain the rationale to me, because I am missing something on this one.

If I was a division 1 coach and was allowed to pull players from division 2 without sitting out a year, the first thing I would do is start stashing players at division 2 schools in exchange for a nice donation that I make to their program. Im sure UCCS could use an extra million for their basketball program.

Why waste roster spots on underperforming players when they develop at my farm schools and then maybe they can move up if they perform well. I would have a nice roster of upperclassmen with a phenom underclassmen or two.

Basically I think they have the rule to protect division 2 basketball from Dana Altman.

If I was a division 1 coach and was allowed to pull players from division 2 without sitting out a year, the first thing I would do is start stashing players at division 2 schools in exchange for a nice donation that I make to their program. Im sure UCCS could use an extra million for their basketball program.

Why waste roster spots on underperforming players when they develop at my farm schools and then maybe they can move up if they perform well. I would have a nice roster of upperclassmen with a phenom underclassmen or two.

Basically I think they have the rule to protect division 2 basketball from Dana Altman.
This is why.

Can you imagine if Duke / Ky could have 2-3 farm teams?

Back