What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

that was a fairbanksian loss

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
that looked eerily similar to the fairbanks era.

1. run a pro style offense and put up meaningless yards and points, but never get close on the scoreboard.
2. fail defensively at every turn.
3. other team names the score it wants and pulls its starters.
4. players look dejected at first sign of adversity.

losing rodney hurt, obviously. and rippy.

fact is, we just don't have anything close to a bcs-quality team right now. we don't have the athletes. we don't have the depth. we don't have the experience. and, while i support the staff and think they are trying to get this going, i think many of them are learning on the job and it shows in a big way. if we had more bodies, it could hide some of the learning pains, but we don't have that luxury.

we're in the teeth of the schedule now and it isn't going to get any prettier anytime soon.

one thing, however--- i, too, wish we had hansen for one more year. with another year to coach him up, he'd be a very good qb for us. yes, he's prone to struggle early in the game and all that, but he's not had very good coaching in his career, nor the opportunity to get as many snaps before this year as he should have.

we're not going to see daylight for quite some time, so we've just got to hold on tight.

that looked eerily similar to the fairbanks era.

1. run a pro style offense and put up meaningless yards and points, but never get close on the scoreboard.
2. fail defensively at every turn.
3. other team names the score it wants and pulls its starters.
4. players look dejected at first sign of adversity.

losing rodney hurt, obviously. and rippy.

fact is, we just don't have anything close to a bcs-quality team right now. we don't have the athletes. we don't have the depth. we don't have the experience. and, while i support the staff and think they are trying to get this going, i think many of them are learning on the job and it shows in a big way. if we had more bodies, it could hide some of the learning pains, but we don't have that luxury.

we're in the teeth of the schedule now and it isn't going to get any prettier anytime soon.

one thing, however--- i, too, wish we had hansen for one more year. with another year to coach him up, he'd be a very good qb for us. yes, he's prone to struggle early in the game and all that, but he's not had very good coaching in his career, nor the opportunity to get as many snaps before this year as he should have.

we're not going to see daylight for quite some time, so we've just got to hold on tight.

I have to disagree on the Hansen part. I said this in chat, but I think we need to bench all the juniors and seniors. I was also told we couldn't field a team w/o them, but I think the point remains. Get the young guys out there who may actually buy into the new coaching regime. We won't do any worse win loss wise, and quite frankly, who cares at this point.

I hated Hawk before today, but I think I hate him more than I have ever hated another human being. Fine, Hitler and McVeigh and Osama notwithstanding, but you get my point.

This team needs a shake up. We are still dealing with Hawk recruits, but let's just bench them. Get the young guys who weren't exposed as much and give them some time. Will we lose? Yes. Are we going to win with the upperclassman? No.

I'll say it again, our Freshman look and play better than our Seniors. That's all you need to know

Back