What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2012-13 AllBuffs Men's Basketball Preview: Wofford & Charleston Classic

How will the Buffs do in the Charleston Classic?

• Beat Dayton, Finish 3-0

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Beat Dayton, Finish 2-1

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Beat Dayton, Finish 1-2

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Lose to Dayton, Finish 2-1

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Lose to Dayton, Finish 1-2

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Lose to Dayton, Finish 0-3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome, I've been to your campus in Spartanburg, nice place and solid college. One of my best friends attended. Young has established a very solid program for you guys and I love how you play defense. You're competing for (and often winning) SoCon championships on a yearly basis and have made some noise when you got into the Big Dance. I'll be very interested to see how the Buffs fare against your defense. Even though you guys have a ton of new faces this year, I would not at all be surprised if this game remained fairly close for quite a while.

Thanks. We are excited about our new faces, two in particular. One is the projected new PG, a guy with one of the coolest names in college basketball, Indiana Faithfull, an Aussie who played high school ball up in Maine. Many in the know think Wofford got a real steal, a hidden treasure in this guy- they say he's a terrific passer and distributor and will make everyone around him better. I hope he turns out as good as advertised. The other is Bryan Harris out of Baltimore, a guard who scored 24 PPG in high school who originally commited to Duquene, then changed his mind and came to Wofford! He will hopefully provide depth behind Karl Cochran. I think we've got a program firmly established in our conference. We surprised a bunch of people the past three years, and hope to do so again this year- though so much inexperience will make it tougher.

Welcome, wofford94.

Looking forward to a good basketball game next week.

And one thing I love about basketball is that when you meet good folks who are fans of your non-conference opponents, it makes it that much easier to cheer for the opponent the rest of the season for that RPI boost.

Welcome, wofford94.

Looking forward to a good basketball game next week.

And one thing I love about basketball is that when you meet good folks who are fans of your non-conference opponents, it makes it that much easier to cheer for the opponent the rest of the season for that RPI boost.

We've seriously been lucky in this regard. With Shocker Hoops last year, and all of the great Pac-12 fans that we had (exception being the Arizona fans that want to kill me, but Pachoops offsets them, so the Wildcats are ok in my book), it's been great talking hoops with other teams fans here. Glad to see we have a Wofford fan joining us too.

Hey Wofford, other than Skinner, what do you expect from your frontcourt this year? Anyone we should keep an eye on?

Thanks. We are excited about our new faces, two in particular. One is the projected new PG, a guy with one of the coolest names in college basketball, Indiana Faithfull, an Aussie who played high school ball up in Maine. Many in the know think Wofford got a real steal, a hidden treasure in this guy- they say he's a terrific passer and distributor and will make everyone around him better. I hope he turns out as good as advertised. The other is Bryan Harris out of Baltimore, a guard who scored 24 PPG in high school who originally commited to Duquene, then changed his mind and came to Wofford! He will hopefully provide depth behind Karl Cochran. I think we've got a program firmly established in our conference. We surprised a bunch of people the past three years, and hope to do so again this year- though so much inexperience will make it tougher.

I forgot to mention that in my previous post. Indiana Faithfull sounds like good player, and you have won any college basketball naming contest with him. We have taken the Aussie route as well in recent years, this year we have one (Shane Harris Tunks, reserve PF). We had quite the ride with our Aussie PG who graduated last year :lol:

The line on the CU/Wofford game opened at 12 1/2 and has moved to 14, appears to be one of the biggest line moves out there.

The line on the CU/Wofford game opened at 12 1/2 and has moved to 14, appears to be one of the biggest line moves out there.

Seems about right, but hard to tell. Could see us blowing them out early, or a game that lingers around 8pts for a while before we push it up to 14ish late.

We've seriously been lucky in this regard. With Shocker Hoops last year, and all of the great Pac-12 fans that we had (exception being the Arizona fans that want to kill me, but Pachoops offsets them, so the Wildcats are ok in my book), it's been great talking hoops with other teams fans here. Glad to see we have a Wofford fan joining us too.

Hey Wofford, other than Skinner, what do you expect from your frontcourt this year? Anyone we should keep an eye on?

Our frontcourt is young. Other than Skinner, Aerris Smith, a junior has shown steady improvement and may be poised for a breakout season. Sophomore Jarrell Byrd, a guard-forward combo type guy, is extremely athletic and full of potential he has yet to realize. Other than that, we will have to hope for contibutions from freshmen, always a risky thing.

Here's what a few Wofford fans are saying about the game:

http://www.terrierfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3830&p=42831#p42831

Thanks for the update wofford.

I'm a little surprised the line is up to 16.5. I think this will be a competitive game since we are still such a young team. Hopefully we come away with the win and see some good things from the freshman that play.

Wofford impressed me.

One of those nights when you had to pack in on defense and ignore the offensive glass to make up for CU's size & athleticism. You had to hope to get hot from 3 and that CU would have a cold night.

Your coach played it the right way and it just didn't break the way you needed it to.

Thanks for coming to Boulder and giving us a well-played basketball game. Good luck the rest of the year.

It says the game is going to be shown on ESPN3. Just to double check is that the ESPN on the internet? Or is it going to be televised as well?

A thump and a 3-0 tourney. 10 of us got this one, which in itself is kinda interesting. Just a few short years ago, facing a similar stretch of games, we wudda been happy with a 2-2 outcome.

Back