What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all-in-one DOOOOOOM Thread

Re: It's official -- CU is content to be irrelevant

Our AD and administration are cowards and have no clue what a winning program can do.

CU football is irrelevant and will always be until hawk, benson and distefano are gone.

I hope the fans show their displeasure BIG TIME tomorrow.

Re: CU ADMINISTRATION has spoken, Winning football is no longer needed....

Have these jokers not seen the studies that show increased enrollments and more donations to schools after making events such as big bowl games or Final Fours?

Greatness in football and basketball can be a tool used positively for the academic side -- why can't they see this?

Have these jokers not seen the studies that show increased enrollments and more donations to schools after making events such as big bowl games or Final Fours?

Greatness in football and basketball can be a tool used positively for the academic side -- why can't they see this?

Exactly my point. They feel a commitment to football might bring bad pup like barnett's scandal. They are cowards and have killed cu football as we know it.

These people do not understand the financial gains that could be made. Oh well, when football stops making money,kiss the other sports goodbye. Then cu can go private like they want to. Scumbags.

what lame excuses will Hawk and Co. use next year if we start the year 0-2 by losing to CSU and then to Cal. We had our chance and we just blew it. But we have great students who stay out of trouble, etc etc.....can't wait to see all the empty seats next year. **** I'm pissed!!!!!!!!!

It's no coincidence that CU football was strongest when Gordon Gee was President

of the University. He understood the value of a division 1 football team. He's now President at Ohio State, where the school is committed to a football program and applications are at an all-time high. Coincidence? The dumb F*CKS running the University of Colorado today probably think so.

HawkLove has filtered into the Administration. What a joke!

what lame excuses will Hawk and Co. use next year if we start the year 0-2 by losing to CSU and then to Cal.

"Well gosh darnit, we had a chance to win those games but things just didn't go our way. We have a lot of really good guys on this team who just played their rear ends off blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blablah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

Re: It's no coincidence that CU football was strongest when Gordon Gee was President

Exactly. I just said it in another thread, but successful football and basketball squads lead to upticks in enrollment and increased donation to both athletics and academics.

Football especially is a source of pride for alums. Eventually, those alums go to work, make money and want to give back. But if they feel there is bad leadership or no commitment to winning, they will withhold the cash. That is what is going on now.

Next year is going to be a debacle of epic proportions and I really fear where CU football is headed now. My stomach is in knots about this because it really is a hugely horrible move.

Last edited:
Fans and Alumni, do it tastefully but show your displeasure friday...

Do not let this pass without letting these cowards know that this will not be tolerated or being bent over like they act.

Do it tastefully but let them have it friday.

Re: Fans and Alumni, do it tastefully but show your displeasure friday...

how ? I'll be there. What can I do ?

Make sure you Boo loudly anytime a promo with Hawkins comes on the jumotron.

how ? I'll be there. What can I do ?

Print up shirts with bensen,distefano and hawk replacing the 3 stooges?

BOO the entire game?

Start some nice chants?

Leave after the kickoff?

doom_logo_topper.jpg

Worst support in the country with this administration. They only care about their precious image, GPA's and their citizen BS.

A winning program has benefits and it can be a boost.

CU administration is telling CU fans and alumni, screw you. It doesn't matter anymore. We are not here to win, as long as we have good grades and boy scouts roaming the sidelines, we are not commited to winning.

YOU people are a joke and a disgrace.

Fire everyone

i used to think people were overexaggerating the cu administration's negative impact on the football team. now i see firsthand that they were correct.

Print up shirts with bensen,distefano and hawk replacing the 3 stooges?

BOO the entire game?

Start some nice chants?

Leave after the kickoff?

Booing the entire game isn't the answer. There are many avenues to voice our un-happiness with the Adminstration...but don't take it out on the players.

we need multiple large donors and past alumni either athletes or non-athletes to voice/show their displeasure. Get past athletes like a Daniel Graham or a Kordell Stewart boycotting anything that involves the CU Alumni Association/University would be a start. Then trickle down from there.

Stop giving them your money!

And if you already have tickets, don't use them. Rip them up and mail them back to the AD or DiStephano to make your point. As far as I am concerned, anyone who continues to pay for what is happening up there is just as much a problem as the fools calling the shots.

I know it sucks for the players but they are going to have to take one for the overall well-being of the program and school at this point.

The are making this decision and counting on the blind homers to back their choice up and keep funding the losing. Simply put, the leadership up there thinks you are fools and is willing to bet your love for the football program outweighs your tolerance for losing. In the end it is up to the fan.

Re: Stop giving them your money!

Look I agree that we are in a bad state but don't rip your knu tickets. Go boo hawk on his ads wear the powder blue and come up with some chants.

Re: Stop giving them your money!

Look I agree that we are in a bad state but don't rip your knu tickets. Go boo hawk on his ads wear the powder blue and come up with some chants.

Ripping them up and sending them back sends the message. Besides you can always sneak in after halftime when they take down all the gates and boo all you want. Whatever you do, don't sell them to NU fans!

Jesus Christ you guys are pussies. Booing, leaving after kickoff and wearing powder blue are certainly the answer. AGAINST ****ING NEBRASKA. Literally done with this ****ing site for awhile.

Rivalry games are awesome no matter what. Texas v OU was still great even when both teams sucked. That's what makes college fb>NFL.

CUvNU is great stuff.

funny thread on huskerpedia about how the Huskers (now that they are so great) should replace us on T-Giving with OU and UT in the South rotation. typical Husker myopia, that UT would cancel it's long-running T-Giving game with in-state rival ATM dating back to earliest of SWC days.....just to play the mighty Huskers 2 out of every 4 years.

not to mention the hilarity that a team from the North would be calling the shots with South heavies OU and UT.

what doofuses.

funny thread on huskerpedia about how the Huskers (now that they are so great) should replace us on T-Giving with OU and UT in the South rotation. typical Husker myopia, that UT would cancel it's long-running T-Giving game with in-state rival ATM dating back to earliest of SWC days.....just to play the mighty Huskers 2 out of every 4 years.

not to mention the hilarity that a team from the North would be calling the shots with South heavies OU and UT.

what doofuses.

:lol: because NU would so compete with those two schools on a yearly basis. They should be happy they have a rival that thinks of them as their true rival. I doubt Oklahoma fans even think of NU as one of their top 2 rivals anymore. I bet OSU and Texas beat out NU by a mile.

I'd figure Nowledge U. fans would know football better than that. Moving UT-OU to Thanksgiving? Are they going to move the STATE FAIR OF TEXAS as well? Good lord, nubs.

I'd like to see ou/nu every year.

I'd also like to see cu/ut every year. That's a pretty good series. Boulder and Austin are two of the best towns in all of football. I also think it's a natural rivalry, cu/ut. I'd say every Texan I know has spent significant time visiting Colorado. Not the case with Iowa, Kansas, Mizz, Oklahoma, Nebraska.

Maybe the reason why the Nebraska game doesn't mean anything special to younger CU fans is because it... hasn't meant anything at all since 2001?

Back