What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all-in-one Hawkins thread

Re: Breaking News In Boulder

I think everyone needs to calm the **** down for a bit! No one knows jack **** right now. It was a "he said, she said" report. No facts.

FACT: Hawk sucks

FACT: Anyone with a brain knows Talkins should be fired..

He's gone. Once again, what are these guys supposed to say? Media guys digging trying to get scoop forces coaches/AD to go with non-committal or status quo answers.

Bottom line, it is done and he is done. I think Saturday or Sunday the announcement will be made.

Maybe Hawk got some pics of Bohn partying too much in Maui?

He's gone. Once again, what are these guys supposed to say? Media guys digging trying to get scoop forces coaches/AD to go with non-committal or status quo answers.

Bottom line, it is done and he is done. I think Saturday or Sunday the announcement will be made.

Don't spoil the fun. This thread could go 20 pages.

I'm not sure Bohn can wait until Saturday or Sunday anymore after Vic broke the news that had been confined to a message board until tonight.

I'm not sure Bohn can wait until Saturday or Sunday anymore after Vic broke the news that had been confined to a message board until tonight.

This is all very strange. CU canceled all recruiting trips I was told for December. If the decision had been made to keep him why not come out and say it on earlier and quash all the speculation. Some things do not add up.

This is all very strange. CU canceled all recruiting trips I was told for December. If the decision had been made to keep him why not come out and say it on earlier and quash all the speculation. Some things do not add up.

I had heard something similar about recruiting. There has to be some reason for waiting until after Friday. Maybe has to do with contract or buyout. Or condition of the agreement. Or trying to get some pub out of it.

I had heard something similar about recruiting. There has to be some reason for waiting until after Friday. Maybe has to do with contract or buyout. Or condition of the agreement. Or trying to get some pub out of it.

Perhaps Bohn had some of his lackeys leak this to see what kind of backlash, if any, might erupt from a decision to keep Hawkins.

Perhaps Bohn had some of his lackeys leak this to see what kind of backlash, if any, might erupt from a decision to keep Hawkins.
Bohn has lackeys? How much does a CU AD lackey make? Are they hiring? :wink2:

I hope this isn't true. Fan police can say whatever they want but I won't personally be paying much attention to CU football if Hawkins is back next year. The $$ from one alum buying tickets does not matter to this AD - nor should it - and that is not my point... I just won't care anymore.

Hawkins is a terrible coach and has proven it repeatedly and beyond doubt. He is incapable of being a successful coach here. He does not have what it takes on the X's and O's front, his recruiting ability is average at best, and, worst of all, his personal philosophy or take on football is a bunch of pseudo-intellectual feel good BS and it will never work in college. How this man succeeded in Boise is beyond me.

Wouldn't doubt this for a second. I think it started with Fowler's comments during the Okie State game. If there is one thing they do well up there, it is spin and control the flow of information. It is the Ministry of Propaganda, like our OL is good.

Re: Excuses versus the facts...

How can that be if the coaches aren't allowed to interact with the players until about three weeks before the season?

I'm getting so pissed that I can't even post one God damned contrary view without getting ****ing ripped apart! Not you so much, but the other shots in this thread. Oh well.
You seem like a good dude, it's not about you - we have reached our marginal propensity to consume Hawkins rhetoric.

Let's see how it plays out. If hawk stays, this means football is dead and they no longer care wether we have a winning program or not. If he's gone he's gone.

I'll say this, if hawk stays and not 1 assistant is fired, then distefano should be run out of town.

Hawk is a con artist and is never accountable, another losing season if he returns.

I think he's gone.

I hope this isn't true. Fan police can say whatever they want but I won't personally be paying much attention to CU football if Hawkins is back next year. The $$ from one alum buying tickets does not matter to this AD - nor should it - and that is not my point... I just won't care anymore.

Hawkins is a terrible coach and has proven it repeatedly and beyond doubt. He is incapable of being a successful coach here. He does not have what it takes on the X's and O's front, his recruiting ability is average at best, and, worst of all, his personal philosophy or take on football is a bunch of pseudo-intellectual feel good BS and it will never work in college. How this man succeeded in Boise is beyond me.
Well, you may be right about tickets, but I think I read in the Post today that season ticket sales are about where they were last year. What I think is if he does come back he will have a very small window to show he can get it done. If he does, fans will come. If he doesn't, they will stay away in droves. If they keep him, they are taking a mega huge gamble. If he fails next year, assuming he were back, he'll be on a very, very short leash.

Here is something that just popped into my mind. What if Hawk is gambling on himself? What if he went to DiStefano and said, "Phil, if I do not turn this around next year, I will leave with no (or a greatly reduced) buy out." That would give him his final year with Cody.

You seem like a good dude, it's not about you - we have reached our marginal propensity to consume Hawkins rhetoric.
Yeah, the supply of wins is way below the demand for them.

Yeah, the supply of wins is way below the demand for them.

No ****. It's not you DBT, it's the way you post that sounds like you playing a harp for poor ol hawk. It doesn't matter, this administration is nothing but scared blue hairs who are afraid to have any successs in sports for they fear another scandal.

CU football is DEAD.

Well, you may be right about tickets, but I think I read in the Post today that season ticket sales are about where they were last year. What I think is if he does come back he will have a very small window to show he can get it done. If he does, fans will come. If he doesn't, they will stay away in droves. If they keep him, they are taking a mega huge gamble. If he fails next year, assuming he were back, he'll be on a very, very short leash.

Here is something that just popped into my mind. What if Hawk is gambling on himself? What if he went to DiStefano and said, "Phil, if I do not turn this around next year, I will leave with no (or a greatly reduced) buy out." That would give him his final year with Cody.

If he is allowed back, this is the final nail in the coffin. CU football will be dead.

Sure sounds like hawk might gone over bohn's head.

If he is allowed back, this is the final nail in the coffin. CU football will be dead.

CU football will not be dead because Hawk will not be back next year. We will all hear the official announcement this weekend. Everything is under control.

I think you are over reacting a bit.

Just a litlle bit but, it will be another losing season and the damage will be done. Nobody up at CU cares about winning, why should the fans?

Hawk is a nice guy, whoopdee freakin doo, I know lots of "nice guys" who don't suck at their job.

Lord I've never wanted to FF past Thanksgiving and the Nowledge U. game so much. I just want to get to Saturday already and get this drama done!

Back