What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all-in-one Hawkins thread

Re: Excuses versus the facts...

The world I live in in my professional career is a world of analysis. There are advantages and disadvantages to almost every decision. Pros and cons. It seems that if I post something that seems to "favor" Hawkins, then I'm a "Hawkins lover." I get sick of that bull****. I've been clear that I believe we need to make the change. But the title of the thread was "Excuses vs facts." There are some "facts" that, if someone puts them out there, maybe gets misinturpreted.

You say "CU football is DEAD." Here is the way I see it. The next coach will inherit a better pool of talent than Hawkins did. Across the board, CU has a lot of good, young players. Now, that sounds like a defense of Hawkins. But the way I see it, it is an indictment that he could not win with the guys he has. I can see, with the right coach, this program turning around FAST.

:stupid:

j/k DBT, but this is a fair assessment, IMO.

The world I live in in my professional career is a world of analysis. There are advantages and disadvantages to almost every decision. Pros and cons. It seems that if I post something that seems to "favor" Hawkins, then I'm a "Hawkins lover." I get sick of that bull****. I've been clear that I believe we need to make the change. But the title of the thread was "Excuses vs facts." There are some "facts" that, if someone puts them out there, maybe gets misinturpreted.

You say "CU football is DEAD." Here is the way I see it. The next coach will inherit a better pool of talent than Hawkins did. Across the board, CU has a lot of good, young players. Now, that sounds like a defense of Hawkins. But the way I see it, it is an indictment that he could not win with the guys he has. I can see, with the right coach, this program turning around FAST.

Is that professional analysis where you come up with calling other posters names and being a general ***? Just curious...

Took you off my ignore list because you were replying in my thread...

Re: Hawk tells staff he's back next year

Maybe Hawk will be the new A.D.!

Bohn re-takes the now open A.D. job at San Diego State.

Kiesau takes the Portland State HC job.

Hawk and Mac conduct a search for a new coach, with Bob Simmons and Brian Cabral getting inside chances at the job.

Greg Brown is promoted to DC.

Jon Embree is hired as new OC.

Everything will be sunny again in Colorado.

Hawk can keep selling his development of a clean program without it taking away from the on-field performance of the football team.

CU saves $3 million+ by not buying out Hawk, and Bohn's contract runs through 2010 so wouldn't be a huge hit.

All is well in Buffalo country!

Well if the money is there then why worry about saving the buyout cost, Dan do not let the door hit you in the arse on your way out.

Re: Hawk's PR war begins...

It has been stated on numerous sites that Hawkins has weekly meetings with Distephano (separately from Bohn).

They have done this every week of the season.

Is that professional analysis where you come up with calling other posters names and being a general ***? Just curious...

Took you off my ignore list because you were replying in my thread...
I think you misunderstand my name calling. I am just joking when I do that. But I've stopped because I realized that it was taken the wrong way. Sorry if I offended you in the past. I'm not like that. I think there have been a few times where I actually did get angry and lashed out and I apologize for that as well. This season has brought out the worst in many of us, I'm afraid. But the whole "dickwad" and "douchbag" thing almost always was done jokingly as if kidding around with your friends. I got caught up in thinking us Allbuffers were just a bunch of buddies joking around on the internet and that got me in trouble.

Re: Breaking News In Boulder

I wonder if by saying "I will be back next year" Hawk meant he will be back in another capacity. It may be that the deal is that Hawk gets paid off on his contract but steps down as HC. Instead he moves to a job in "Athletic program development" or some similar title. In other words fundraising and administration. This would allow him to save face by being "promoted" not "fired" since everyone knows that a resignation is a form of being fired. It also allows the administration to put a different face on it since they are not paying another former coach for not working.

I have no evidence what-so-ever for this idea. It is just a thought but it might fit with Hawk's thinking and serve the needs of the administration as well.

I think you misunderstand my name calling. I am just joking when I do that. But I've stopped because I realized that it was taken the wrong way. Sorry if I offended you in the past. I'm not like that. I think there have been a few times where I actually did get angry and lashed out and I apologize for that as well. This season has brought out the worst in many of us, I'm afraid. But the whole "dickwad" and "douchbag" thing almost always was done jokingly as if kidding around with your friends. I got caught up in thinking us Allbuffers were just a bunch of buddies joking around on the internet and that got me in trouble.

Apology accepted. I certainly am one who took it in the wrong way.

"I will be back" ... making sure everybody gets a juice box and an orange slice after every practice, two juice boxes per game.

If he is staying

then screw it, I will get behind him, because I want him to succeede. He has done a very good job of cleaning up Barnett's mess so if keeping him for one more try is his reward then I will root for Hawk to turn this thing around. My loyalty is to the program and if Hawkins is the leader of that program next year then I will be loyal to him, until he goes for it back in his own 20 on 4th and forever.

Re: If he is staying

then screw it, I will get behind him, because I want him to succeede. He has done a very good job of cleaning up Barnett's mess so if keeping him for one more try is his reward then I will root for Hawk to turn this thing around. My loyalty is to the program and if Hawkins is the leader of that program next year then I will be loyal to him, until he goes for it back in his own 20 on 4th and forever.

Relax. You don't need to go there. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. We'll soon have a new coach to get excited about.

If he is here another year, I'm just going to be very disappointed that Bohn is buying into all the feel sorry for us crap that everyone is spewing. Any other respectable football team with our tradition would fire a guy with his record.

Bohn will wait until Monday or Tuesday to make the announcement. I believe his weekly meeting with Hawkins is on Monday.

"I will be back" ... making sure everybody gets a juice box and an orange slice after every practice, two juice boxes per game.

Yeah. That way Hawk can spend his time on the "little things" while someone more capable can worry about those "big things" you know, like coaching, training, and WINNING!

The fact is that the Buffs have been outcoached in every game (save for maybe 2 or 3) for the last 4 years.

The wheels of goverment turn slow, Hawk will be back and they will not have Cody as QB. Cody will be helping hawk "Coaching em up" News update next september V.S CSU.

Relax. You don't need to go there. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. We'll soon have a new coach to get excited about.

I am not convinced that we will have a new coach and if we are not going to go out and get a top notch guy then why bother dumping hard earned money anyhow.

Again, what do you expect these people to do or say? If the decision has been made (there is no if) and it is going to be announced after the Nebraska game, what do you think Hawk is going to say: "Yeah, Vic I met with all the assistants tonight and told them I would be fired but you can't announce that until our press conference on Sunday."

Or Bohn is going to say "You bet, we canned his ass but we aren't announcing it until after the season."

In these days of trying to outscoop each other no other media outlet has picked up this story. By now everyone would be running with it if the story had any legs.

It is now on footballcoachscoop.com that Hawk is returning.

Colorado:
FootballCoachScoop has BREAKING NEWS and the FIRST TO REPORT that Head Coach Dan Hawkins has been given one more year in a deal with
Athletic Director Mike Bohn and the University, according to our source. We have been told to expect some changes with the current staff though. Also, our
source confirmed that in talking with future head coaching prospects Athletic Director Mike Bohn could not get who he really wanted for the future.
FootballCoachScoop sources also tell us that DiStefano and Bohn will meet one more time, in regards to Coach Hawkins, after the Nebraska game to
confirm this is the absolute direction.

He could say what he said at his last presser: "We're excited to play NU". That is what all coaches under fire say. They don't address the issue. Pretty simple really. IF, and I ahve no way of knowing, Hawk is putting the "I'll be here next year" stuff out, that is very shabby.

CNBC reported that the biggest buyouts reportedly paid have been:

Denny Crum, Louisville, $7 million
Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee, $6 million
Tommy Tuberville, Auburn, $5.1 million
Dennis Franchione, Texas A&M, $4.4 million
Tommy Bowden, Clemson, $3.5 million
Bill Callahan, Nebraska, $3.1 million
Dan Hawkins, Colorado, $3 million

That Louisville-crum payout must have really hurt, when was that 1984?

:lol: that website is hilarious. Does it really count if you report every possible outcome that you were the first site to report it? I can just see it once Hawk is fired and they make 5 posts a day about every single coach that we could possibly get.

Fwiw I agree with DBT's point that given the players Hawk has brought into the program the team should be performing much better and that is which is why Hawk needs to go. I also think that because we do have talent in the program the turn around in team performance for the next HC, provided he's a descent coach, will be very quick.

Back