What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Basketball Tournament 2019 - Team Colorado is Back

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
Team Colorado is getting the group back together for The Basketball Tournament - $2 million winner-take-all.

Vote here to put Team Colorado in the Tournament!

https://thetournament.com/teams/team-colorado

CU is still getting their team together but will need your votes to be eligible again. Buff fans need to keep voting because the more votes, the higher the seed.

Roster:
GM: Josh Repine
Head Coach: Nate Tomlinson
PG: Xavier Talton
PG: Shannon Sharpe
PG: Marcus Hall
SG: Carlon Brown
SG: Xavier Silas
SF: Marcus Relphorde
SF: Richard Roby
PG: Dominique Coleman
SF: Chris Copeland

Top fans get a share of the prize money, up to $10,000.

Last edited:
Carlon Brown and Xavier Silas are nice additions. We still need a couple of big guys IMO.

Copeland is back for Team Colorado again.

The bracket has been announced and has the Buffs playing in Wichita to open on July 26th at 7pm MDT on ESPN3.
https://www.thetournament.com/news/tbt-releases-2019-teams-and-bracket

ESPN did a power ranking for the teams too and had this to say:
20. Team Colorado (Colorado alumni), No. 4 seed (Wichita region)

Team Colorado has underperformed since its impressive run to the 2016 TBT championship game, and it is seeded fourth in the Wichita region. However, any roster that includes ex-New York Knicks forward Chris Copeland and Marcus Hall (24 PPG in 2016) should be recognized in the top 20.

Last edited:
Final Roster:

HC: Nate Tomlinson
AC: Zach Ruebesam
GM: Josh Repine

SG: Carlon Brown
PG: Dominique Coleman
SF: Chris Copeland
PG: Marcus Hall
PF: Xavier Johnson
PF: Tory Miller
SF: Marcus Relphorde
SF: Richard Roby
PG: Shannon Sharpe
SG: Xavier Silas
PG: Xavier Talton
PG: Dom Collier

Dom and XJ? what a range of guys from different eras. And actually getting Roby would be awesome.

It's game day!

(4) Team Colorado vs. (5) Purple & Black, 9 pm EST, ESPN3
Referees: Kelly Self, Toby Martinez, Robert Felder
Inactives: Carlon Brown (Team Colorado); Curtis Kelly (Purple & Black); Akeem Wright (Purple & Black); VJ Vaughn (Purple & Black)

Looks like Team Colorado lost 83-81.
Ya they were down when the Elam Ending was set. Came back and had about 4 chances to win. Just couldn't convert and the other team hit a long range 3 pointer to end it. Pretty rough to lose the way they did.

I went to the Saturday game in Wichita as one of the few Buffs fans there...

1. We were flat-out outplayed and outhustled by Marquette for most of the game; they played stifling and pesky defense and shot lights-out. The Elam Ending was the only reason we really had a chance at the end there, but we played a little panicky on offense (same as with the end of the K-State game). The fluky 3 pt buzzer beater that they hit at the end of the 3rd despite tremendous defense on our part was a real kick in the pants going into the 4th quarter.

2. Shoutout to Marcus Hall, who came up to me in the crowd early on during warmups (I was a few rows from the court), and introduced himself and chatted with me for a few minutes. After we lost and they had a chance to cool off, he came back again to thank me for coming out and supporting them. He is an absolute class act. Dominique Coleman also came up into the stands and gave me a fistbump pre-game.

3. Charles Koch Arena is probably one of the nicest college arenas I've ever been to - would love it if we could get a series going with WSU at some point in the future and play there. The WSU fans were a generally super-classy group and even though the arena was only about 60% full for their game, it got incredibly loud in there. Can't imagine what it's like for a regular season game.

Here's a vid of our starting lineups, along with my highly awkward "WOO" cheering since I was holding my phone and couldn't clap (apologies)...

Team Colorado Starting Lineups

3. Charles Koch Arena is probably one of the nicest college arenas I've ever been to - would love it if we could get a series going with WSU at some point in the future and play there. The WSU fans were a generally super-classy group and even though the arena was only about 60% full for their game, it got incredibly loud in there. Can't imagine what it's like for a regular season game.

I heard from 3 different people about 3 years ago that CU & WSU were close to working out a home and home. No idea what happened there.

How do people like the 'Elam Ending'? Keeps the leading team from stalling and has made several games a lot closer. Not sure I'd like to see it in the NCAA though

Why? It's not perfect, and I'm not ready for it to be used in the NCAA, but I love it.
Does it make me a purist that I believe that what you score is what you score, that the game is a certain length, and that getting smoked in the first half should require you to smoke the opponent even more in the 2nd half if you want to win?

How do people like the 'Elam Ending'? Keeps the leading team from stalling and has made several games a lot closer. Not sure I'd like to see it in the NCAA though

I love it.

Makes the end of the game so much more exciting. Limits fouling and speeds up the pace. Every play is important. Every game ends on a made, stressful shot.

Even though the Buffs were mostly outplayed that last game, they had a great -- but missed -- opportunity to win it.

I hate the fouling and slowed play at the end of college and NBA games. Why should 'free' throws be such an important part (the end) of the game.?

Back