What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Blue Out helped the team (their words)

Haha. Alright... whatever, I'm too light on the team... I get it. I said my piece and that's all I wanted to do.

Bringing specific players into this discussion is a risky business. On the heels of Maiava, Ballenger, Josh Smith and Darrell Scott, there already is an established pattern of behavior and there is flight risk with players who are currently on the team.

I am very proud of how Tyler played on Saturday. I understand his comments in the press, too. It would have been career impacting if he said that he should have started sooner, or that he was siding with the fans on this whole Blue Out.

The guy is smart.

why were you disputing that it did then?

Holy **** dude... Where did I dispute that it did??

All I said was that IN MY OPINION it did more to disrespect the players than it did to motivate them to win which seems like a bad thing. Yes, a player on the team said that it might have motivated them in some sense so... it did motivate them!

I disagreed with fans wearing blue because I felt like it would be misconstrued... which it obviously was! The point wasn't to motivate the team to win, right?
SnowBuff said:
I was protesting the coaching that produced that attitude and those losses....

There was no stated intent to make the players feel alienated from the fans and embarrassed to the point of being so pissed off that they felt motivated to win... right? Did you even wear blue??! Maybe that's why you're reluctant to say it?

Bringing specific players into this discussion is a risky business. On the heels of Maiava, Ballenger, Josh Smith and Darrell Scott, there already is an established pattern of behavior and there is flight risk with players who are currently on the team.

I am very proud of how Tyler played on Saturday. I understand his comments in the press, too. It would have been career impacting if he said that he should have started sooner, or that he was siding with the fans on this whole Blue Out.

The guy is smart.

Don't you think that if he really sided with the fans on the Blue Out that he would have elected to not say anything rather than say what he did??? The guy is smart for sure, but we've got to give him more credit than that I think...

Last edited:

All I said was that IN MY OPINION it did more to disrespect the players than it did to motivate them to win which seems like a bad thing. Yes, a player on the team said that it might have motivated them in some sense so... it did motivate them!

I disagreed with fans wearing blue because I felt like it would be misconstrued... which it obviously was! The point wasn't to motivate the team to win, right?

There was no stated intent to make the players feel alienated from the fans and embarrassed to the point of being so pissed off that they felt motivated to win... right? Did you even wear blue??! Maybe that's why you're reluctant to say it?

Don't you think that if he really sided with the fans on the Blue Out that he would have elected to not say anything rather than say what he did??? The guy is smart for sure, but we've got to give him more credit than that I think...

I refuse to bring Tyler into this discussion. He is a warrior. I hope he stays a Buff who can continue knocking out B12 opponents and is able to succeed in Ames for the first time in a long, long time.

I'm not so sure it was misconstrued at all. I think everybody from Bohn right down to the waterboy knew exactly what it was all about.

did I even wear blue? hell ****ing yes I did. I will be wearing blue until this team has a winning season or Hawk is gone.

If the players decided to take the blue out as a statement about them, well, ok. It was what the coach told them it was about (strange, Hawk deferring criticism to the players, thats new right?). If it motivated them, sweet, unexpected bonus.

Btw, I did not blue, chant fire hawkins, or any of the negative things. Nor did I rush the field. But I sure as hell cheered on the players and team. Cause thats what I was there to do. Better then selling my ticket to a ****ign A&M fan.

I refuse to bring Tyler into this discussion. He is a warrior. I hope he stays a Buff who can continue knocking out B12 opponents and is able to succeed in Ames for the first time in a long, long time.

Fair enough I guess. Of course we all wish the team the best with increased success and hopes that they win out and luck into being B12N champs!! :smile:

Fair enough I guess. Of course we all wish the team the best with increased success and hopes that they win out and luck into being B12N champs!! :smile:

We're all in this together. Shoulder to Shoulder. Go Buffs.

did I even wear blue? hell ****ing yes I did. I will be wearing blue until this team has a winning season or Hawk is gone.

If the players decided to take the blue out as a statement about them, well, ok. It was what the coach told them it was about (strange, Hawk deferring criticism to the players, thats new right?). If it motivated them, sweet, unexpected bonus.

Btw, I did not blue, chant fire hawkins, or any of the negative things. Nor did I rush the field. But I sure as hell cheered on the players and team. Cause thats what I was there to do. Better then selling my ticket to a ****ign A&M fan.

Excellent (part in bold)!

However, I'm sure that most of the players have access to facebook or the print media and didn't need or buy into an explanation from the coach on why the fans were wearing blue... I like that you brought up not booing the coaching because I guess that's what I kind of how I looked at the so called "Blue Out." When you boo a coach or coaching decision a lot of the players feel like their fans are booing them... regardless of what the intent is. While that might be okay in the Pros, in my opinion that's not okay in College. Felt like the same thing happened with wearing blue... the statement was misplaced on the players... they felt like their fans weren't supporting THEM.

Again, this is just my thoughts/feelings/opinion and why I've argued against it and will continue to argue against it! I've sat through some drubbings and been incredibly frustrated before (was in the stands for the 55-10 Mizzou beat down until the last second) but I will never boo anyone in our program or provide any other possibility of our players thinking that I don't support them in all of their efforts to try and win us some ****ing football games!!!!! :gobuffs:

Last edited:
Back