What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Bobo Touchdown

We got a bad call there. Pac-12 officiating head said the field call would have been upheld either way, not enough evidence on the foot or the follow through to the ground.

If it was called originally it would have been upheld. Was a tough call. Looked like there was green, but not an easy call. Whatever. Buffs win

Wow. Every replay I saw he looked like he was on the white. I never saw that angle. He was clearly in there. Did the refs have that angle to look at?

The refs were iffy all day, but the more I think about it, the TDs/non TDs that were called and reviewed were are really close - including the Oregon TD that really looked like the kid dropped it and landed on it.

Wow. Every replay I saw he looked like he was on the white. I never saw that angle. He was clearly in there. Did the refs have that angle to look at?
I think you also have to look how the sun is shadowing as well. Too close to call imo, default to field call

I don't much care at this point. Replay officials actually did a damn good job on the 2 CU touchdowns and, I'll admit, the generous spot that got reversed on the CU 1st down. As said earlier, if Bobo had been given the benefit of the doubt in the first place with this called a TD it would have been upheld on replay. He was in, but he was as close to the boundary as physics allows while still being in. Would have been tough to reverse the call on the field.

They asked the official about the first catch when discussing the replay review of the second one. He basically stated that the first one would have been confirmed by replay either way it was called on the field. In his opinion there was nothing in the replay to move it one way or the other. It they had called it a TD, it would have stuck.

My only issue with it being called incomplete was that was Montez second incompletion. And then he chucked another incompletion into the endzone with 10 seconds left for his third. He was like 17\18 before that point.

My only issue with it being called incomplete was that was Montez second incompletion. And then he chucked another incompletion into the endzone with 10 seconds left for his third. He was like 17\18 before that point.

In any case he threw that pass to Bobo on the dime ... and Bobo did his best to make it a TD. But even the replay was too close to call ... no way it was going to be overturned. Just glad it didn't matter at the end.

Tough call. The thing is the ref was standing right there and he called him out of bounds. And if just one molecule of Bobo's shoe comes in contact with just one molecule of white turf then technically he's out of bounds. Just not sure than anyone can tell at the molecular level if that did or didn't happen.

the head of refs stated that they did not give us the TD because they said they couldn't tell if he held onto posession throughout the catch.
What a crock. He clearly had it in the live view, and this photo shows we should have had 4 more points.

GREAT PICTURE, though.

I recall that same head of officials said, when asked, that had the on field ruling been a catch video replay would not have overturned that call either.

Let's keep our euphemisms straight. It is beat the beaver or flog the dolphin. Next week we will free ourselves of the jimmy hats.

I think it is also proper grammar to "lick" or "spank" a beaver. However, you are correct in that a dolphin may only be flogged.

Back