What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ThE BUFFS HAVE SELECTED THE STARTING QB!!!

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
They just aren't telling us who it is. :lol:

But I didn't post that to be an asshole. :cool: I am just wondering if you guys think it is a good ploy by Hawkins? Do you think it hurts the rammie's preperation at all? Is it a distraction for the QB's and the team?

I think all it serves to do is eliminate distractions in the weeks leading up to the Buffs' season. CSU knowing which QB to prepare for isn't going to give them much of an advantage toward pulling an upset. It does take the media and fans out of the equation as far as creating noise over whether Cody or Hansen was the right decision. That could get into the team's head some leading up to the game, so Hawk has taken the right step in preventing that.

But yes, as it was noted in an earlier thread, with the surprise of the pick revealed to all Sunday it gives the next opponent Toledo very little time to prepare for a team they're already quite unfamiliar with.

Does it hurt the rams prep? Sure. I think so. Hansen and Hawkins are completely different QB's. The rammies will have to cram that much more info in their heads before gameday.

Back