What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Buffs "most important" player

I would say Gillam. Wantanabe might or might not play, who knows what else will happen with the center of the D, but a healthy strong Gillam wreaking havoc and setting the tone of the D would work wonders for Levitts defensive turnaround we are all hoping for.

On offense the most important guy we need (non QB):wink2: is Shay. He needs to become the true threat we know he will be to stretch the D and give Nelson more room to roam.

Think some are forgetting this is QB excluded, of course he is the most important.

My choice is Gillam. If our D allows 5.6 yards per rush this season, I don't see us getting to a bowl. If we can cut that by a yard we will definitely be in the conversation.

What about the most important individual position (excluding QB)? Does that change everyone's response? Those of you that chose Thompson and/or Spruce, I'd love to hear the argument behind a FS/WR being tabbed as Most Important.

No snark at all, just curious. Obviously, those are two talented players and will be very important to the 2015 team but, to me, they have to be able to defend the run, first and foremost. That's why the NT rotation and ILBs are the MIPs.

What about the most important individual position (excluding QB)? Does that change everyone's response? Those of you that chose Thompson and/or Spruce, I'd love to hear the argument behind a FS/WR being tabbed as Most Important.

No snark at all, just curious. Obviously, those are two talented players and will be very important to the 2015 team but, to me, they have to be able to defend the run, first and foremost. That's why the NT rotation and ILBs are the MIPs.

If Thompson has >6 INT's he would make a case for MIP. Turnovers are sorely needed for any team to succeed, most of all a team with the struggles in creating turnovers that we have had recently.

I am absolutely astounded at how many people apparently didn't read the bolded part of the third line of the very first post.

The credibility of their opinions on this and all other allbuffs threads is lessened dramatically by their poor reading comprehension skills.

Yep. Half the posts in here are irrelevant to the actual topic.

I didn't realize I had to carefully read each post in an entire thread to contribute or that we have to play by the arbitrary rules developed by a third-party publication.

If Thompson has >6 INT's he would make a case for MIP. Turnovers are sorely needed for any team to succeed, most of all a team with the struggles in creating turnovers that we have had recently.

There will certainly be a case if that happens, but what will the true impact of Thompson's >6 INT's be if the Buffs are giving up >200 yards/game on the ground again?

Like I said before, IMO, defending the pass starts with stopping the run. If the front 6-7 can dominate the LOS and keep teams in 2nd/3rd and long, then TT and the secondary can really make an impact in the passing game.

Yeah but the only way Thompson has more than 6 INT's is if the front seven can create pressure. A healthy Gillam and Samson are the most important "additions" to the defense/

I didn't realize I had to carefully read each post in an entire thread to contribute or that we have to play by the arbitrary rules developed by a third-party publication.
Taking this into account I am amending my response to say anyone who does't pick Sefo doesn't understand football or this site.

I too like flapjacks, but burritos are the only food worthy of CU.

It says (QB doesn't count) I am going with pass rusher (There should be at least 1 step up / whoever) on offense I would go with a RB that can break a couple of tackles and long to the house type runs.
but if we are suppose to pick 1 guy to make or break? - I am going with our kicker.

The point wasn't that you needed to "carefully" read every post. You only had to casually glance at the bolded part in the very first post.

/snarkiness

besides, "who is the most important player (including qb)" is a pretty dumb and boring discussion topic 99.9% of the time:

RK: "who's the most important player on the team?"
Everyone: "the quarterback."
/discussion

Ok, this time I really mean:
/snarkiness

Back