What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Buffzone redesign sucks!!!

What do you think of the new design?

• I like it.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • What is this Buffzone you speak of?

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I fear change.

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Tatanka™

Chief Allbuffs Grammarian and Uniformologist
Club Member
It now has the same terrible design as the Denver Post. I HATE IT. Ads EVERYWHERE and the navigation bar doesn't show up with Safari AdBlock on. I quit visiting the post altogether when they went to this format. I guess I won't be checking Buffzone much anymore, either.

This is how the site looks with AdBlock now. The old version worked fine with AdBlock.
buffzone screenshot.jpg

Color scheme is terrible. I assume Buffzone is going behind the paywall with everything else?

Then pay for a subscription to get it delivered. The BDC needs to make revenue through advertising. It ain't charity.

Brain Howell's face got cut off more on mine (creepily, I might add). Same redesign as the Denver Post (same owner).

Then pay for a subscription to get it delivered. The BDC needs to make revenue through advertising. It ain't charity.

Who are these people who actually click on annoying Flash web ads? Even before I discovered AdBlock, I never did. Sites that have annoying animated ads, full page ads you have to click through or video ads that auto-play are sites I don't visit at all.

Advertising can be done in ways that don't annoy readers and degrade the reading experience.

I'm not opposed to the redesign since they have tabs for football, basketball, etc. Works for me.

Who are these people who actually click on annoying Flash web ads? Even before I discovered AdBlock, I never did. Sites that have annoying animated ads, full page ads you have to click through or video ads that auto-play are sites I don't visit at all.

Advertising can be done in ways that don't annoy readers and degrade the reading experience.

no one clicks those ads, I can vouch... Just look at the Allbuffs ledger!

Sent from my Windows Phone via Tapatalk

"Firefox has prevented this site from asking you if you want to install the add on." :rofl:

Wondering about the paywall - I have an actual subscription to the Longmont Times Call, which is owned (like every other newspaper on the Front Range) by the same company that owns the Denver Post. Can my Times Call subscription get me past the BDC and Denver Post paywalls? I won't pay the BDC or Denver Post directly, as I find both of those papers to be low grade garbage. I would like access to the DP's Sunday Travel Section, though.

Man, I hate the Denver Post site. I made a sarcastic comment on their game article about my 90 year old grandma getting pushed down stairs, cups of urine being thrown at me, and my tires getting slashed at Moby, and the moderator there hid my post despite the fact I violated no rules that I could see. I've never seen them hide posts when the same claims are made about CU. Must be CSU moderators.

Man, I hate the Denver Post site. I made a sarcastic comment on their game article about my 90 year old grandma getting pushed down stairs, cups of urine being thrown at me, and my tires getting slashed at Moby, and the moderator there hid my post despite the fact I violated no rules that I could see. I've never seen them hide posts when the same claims are made about CU. Must be CSU moderators.

Must have the same mods as allbuffs.

Semper Gumby

Wondering about the paywall - I have an actual subscription to the Longmont Times Call, which is owned (like every other newspaper on the Front Range) by the same company that owns the Denver Post. Can my Times Call subscription get me past the BDC and Denver Post paywalls? I won't pay the BDC or Denver Post directly, as I find both of those papers to be low grade garbage. I would like access to the DP's Sunday Travel Section, though.

What happens when you click on the floating Dillard's ad?

Back