What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The CSU board is epic

Jayne Cobb

One Damn Dirty Ape
Club Member
After the loss to a FCS team, their fans (at lest their message board fans) are in a perfectly justifiable uproar. If you need a good dose of schadenfraude, it will satisfy you.

Did you guys see Bobo walking around on the sideline yesterday? He's really struggling physically. I feel awful for that guy.

The whole program seems a mess right now. I think the big problem is with the offseason coaching changes on offense. Replacing Will Friend (OC/ OL Coach) with Dave Johnson for the same positions has not worked out.

They’re discussing bringing McElwain back on ram nation and one guys thinks it would make them look too desperate for bringing back a guy who “up and left them for Florida”. I mean, it was just a top 5 job in the country that he left for, no big deal...

Stadium was empty while it was still a game in the 3rd quarter. They are losing a ton of money right now. No way to put lipstick on that pig. New stadium gloss has rubbed off and the RamNation does NOT support at all.

Bobo's health probably has made a big impact. Distractions like this can take a toll and I think are similar to what happened here in 2017 with the Tumpkin situation. Bobo has physically changed dramatically. I fully expect him to be done in December.

The OL coaching issue: how much of that change was predicated by the prior coach missing on recruits and not being able to develop the pipeline? This is how CSU has effectively done it for years. They ALWAYS had a good OL and even in years where they lost everyone, they'd be back with a solid OL. I think a void was created and it's not clear how much the new guy has to work with. It's really hard for the general public to know how f'd up that position group was going into 2018.

DC change hasn't made them better either on D.

Stadium was empty while it was still a game in the 3rd quarter. They are losing a ton of money right now. No way to put lipstick on that pig. New stadium gloss has rubbed off and the RamNation does NOT support at all.

Bobo's health probably has made a big impact. Distractions like this can take a toll and I think are similar to what happened here in 2017 with the Tumpkin situation. Bobo has physically changed dramatically. I fully expect him to be done in December.

The OL coaching issue: how much of that change was predicated by the prior coach missing on recruits and not being able to develop the pipeline? This is how CSU has effectively done it for years. They ALWAYS had a good OL and even in years where they lost everyone, they'd be back with a solid OL. I think a void was created and it's not clear how much the new guy has to work with. It's really hard for the general public to know how f'd up that position group was going into 2018.

Done done?

It is hard to fill a stadium in Colorado if you are not the Broncos. Gets even harder when you are not good. I am not going to bust CSU ball for losing to FCS team. 2006 we did the same. Bobo looks like he is struggling with his health, that can't be easy to coach and deal with at the same time.

It is hard to fill a stadium in Colorado if you are not the Broncos. Gets even harder when you are not good. I am not going to bust CSU ball for losing to FCS team. 2006 we did the same. Bobo looks like he is struggling with his health, that can't be easy to coach and deal with at the same time.
Especially since when a coach is in a situation like that he's going to rely a lot more on his coordinators. Both of Bobo's coordinators are in their first season at CSU. The impact of this can't be overstated. CSU is a much more talented team than they have shown.

Wow. I had no idea who the goats were playing, but speaking from experience, when your team loses to a FCS team, you are at the bottom.

Can csewe pick themselves up off the mat? Michigan could and did after App St, VT probably will. CU did. csewe? Hard to get up with that albatross around your neck.

This could be the beginning of the end for them...hello Big Sky!

He looks like he's wasting away... its awful

Why do we feel the need to still schedule them?

Best goatnation quote? Bob is a genius, he found a way to put 10 lbs. of **** into a 5 lb. bag. They are seriously down over there.

This is cruel to say, but Bobo's health problems might be what saves CSU. I can see Bobo walking away at the end of the season.
Some goatfans are alluding to some medical provision in Bob's contract...I don't know. They are in a very bad situation.

I think there is a small chance Bobo resigns and takes a year or two off to focus on his health. Best case scenario for CSU

Disagree. They owe him $8m if they want to fire him.
The scenario mentioned would be Bobo walking away on his own for health reasons, not CSU firing him. I don’t know what kind of language is in the contract about that, but I’d imagine it’d be some kind of settlement where CSU wouldn’t be on the hook for his full buyout.

As insensitive as it is, that is probably best case scenario for CSU football, assuming they can attract a better coach (which they should be able to).

The scenario mentioned would be Bobo walking away on his own for health reasons, not CSU firing him. I don’t know what kind of language is in the contract about that, but I’d imagine it’d be some kind of settlement where CSU wouldn’t be on the hook for his full buyout.

As insensitive as it is, that is probably best case scenario for CSU football, assuming they can attract a better coach (which they should be able to).

If I'm him, I've got 8 million reasons not to do that. He gets all that, he can probably retire or take a good amount of time off.

He seems like a stand up guy, I could see him negotiating a buyout for much less if he knows he can't really coach because of his health.

I'd have rather seen him take a medical leave to get his issues fixed after we beat them.

Did you guys see Bobo walking around on the sideline yesterday? He's really struggling physically. I feel awful for that guy.

The whole program seems a mess right now. I think the big problem is with the offseason coaching changes on offense. Replacing Will Friend (OC/ OL Coach) with Dave Johnson for the same positions has not worked out.
When my dad could still walk, he moved around eerily similar to how Bobo is. Different illness, sure, but I don't think it would be the worst idea to shut it down and pay some attention to his body. Idk what doctors told him though? I don't think the stress of coaching would help him regardless.

I really hope that Bobo walks away and takes care of his health.

I'm sure that he has enough money already to last him a while at least, and perhaps CSU can work a deal where they can do the right thing, pay him a sum much less than the $8M but keep him and his family fully on health coverage.

I watched part of that game yesterday. ISU was pretty good for an FCS team, CSU looked a lot worse even than when we played them. For some reason Bobo tries to mix it up by putting Hill in, again, and Hill immediately throws a pick. KJ Carta-Samuels is no world beater, but the guy did lead them back a couple of times, one for a win. Made no sense to put Hill in - not sure what Bobo was thinking. They looked confused and low energy all the way around.

It'd be even more insesitive to make a joke about Bobo being unable to walk at all by the end of the season.

Back