What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The CSU board is epic

He has a wife and four kids, so he needs some time to figure out health issues.

Get a nice settlement from CSU (will still be several million), take a year or two off to get well, then take a lucrative gig as an OC in the SEC or ACC.
I guess. I think resigning would ruin any further chances of being a HC in the future. I do think there is a chance it happens tho

Well let’s hope not, I want Bobo in Fort Collins forever.

From a coaching standpoint, I agree, but I think CSU is much worse than they should be due to his health issues. JMO, but they'd be 2-3 or 3-2 if he was fully healthy.

Wow. I had no idea who the goats were playing, but speaking from experience, when your team loses to a FCS team, you are at the bottom.

Can csewe pick themselves up off the mat? Michigan could and did after App St, VT probably will. CU did. csewe? Hard to get up with that albatross around your neck.

This could be the beginning of the end for them...hello Big Sky!

Northwestern lost at home to Illinois St in the '16 - '17 season. Its a good program.

Yeah, as if starting 1-4 getting blown out by and FCS program has his head coaching prospects at another program looking good?
To be fair he is a horrible fit for CSU, I could see him having more success back down south.

This thread feels incomplete without a reminder that we should be worried about CSU poaching HCMM. Which assistants do we think he'll take with him? With the dumpster fire that is CSU, the AD is probably also in jeopardy of losing his job. Do we need a short list for Rick George's replacement as well? Where are our board appointed worriers? Doooooom!

He could go the Jerry Kill route. Take 1 or 2 years off, then return as a coordinator for a P5 program because that is less stressful than being a head coach. Can always get another head job when health is back to 100%.

Looking at their 2019 recruiting so far, this could get much worse before it gets better. I for one think that a good CSU is good for state of Colorado football as a whole. Hope Bobo gets well.

Bobo negotiating a buyout and taking some time off for his health would be far and away best for all involved.

He isn't going to be a head coach in the future if he is medically crippled or dead. He does not look like a healthy man nor does he look like a man who is getting healthier. I'm not a doctor but from a purely amateur view he needs to be taking care of his health.

Sticking around isn't going to do much for his resume anyways. Part of the reason they look so bad is because they are that bad. Bobo did well with the last guys recruits but a lot of CSU fans have been saying well before this season that he isn't recruiting at the level of the players they are losing. Not just against CU but all season they have looked slow and weak compared to prior years.

A guy who can barely walk isn't likely to suddenly become a better recruiter than we was and recruiting off a season like this one is shaping up to be isn't going to make it any easier.

For CSU those empty seats are costing them money. Every loss means more empty seats. Nobody wants to pay somebody not to coach but they may not have an alternative. Historically until Earl Bruce started to turn them around and Sonny brought them up they have been a laughingstock, a team expected to be terrible. A few rough years and they could be right back in that hole.

It’s a bad situation. I like Bobo. He seems like one of the good guys.

Coaching is a small fraternity. If Bobo takes a year or two off to concentrate on his health, he will have an opportunity as an OC somewhere. If he does well in that job, he will get another shot at HC if he wants it.

The question, for me anyway, is who does CSU hire to replace him? Would McElwain come back? I kind of doubt it, but stranger things have happened. Maybe the Vet School could start an aquatic veterinary school specializing in shark wellness.

Bobo negotiating a buyout and taking some time off for his health would be far and away best for all involved.

He isn't going to be a head coach in the future if he is medically crippled or dead. He does not look like a healthy man nor does he look like a man who is getting healthier. I'm not a doctor but from a purely amateur view he needs to be taking care of his health.

Sticking around isn't going to do much for his resume anyways. Part of the reason they look so bad is because they are that bad. Bobo did well with the last guys recruits but a lot of CSU fans have been saying well before this season that he isn't recruiting at the level of the players they are losing. Not just against CU but all season they have looked slow and weak compared to prior years.

A guy who can barely walk isn't likely to suddenly become a better recruiter than we was and recruiting off a season like this one is shaping up to be isn't going to make it any easier.

For CSU those empty seats are costing them money. Every loss means more empty seats. Nobody wants to pay somebody not to coach but they may not have an alternative. Historically until Earl Bruce started to turn them around and Sonny brought them up they have been a laughingstock, a team expected to be terrible. A few rough years and they could be right back in that hole.
I appreciate Mtn’s VERY long, detailed responses!

I appreciate Mtn’s VERY long, detailed responses!
tenor.gif

Coaching is a small fraternity. If Bobo takes a year or two off to concentrate on his health, he will have an opportunity as an OC somewhere. If he does well in that job, he will get another shot at HC if he wants it.

The question, for me anyway, is who does CSU hire to replace him? Would McElwain come back? I kind of doubt it, but stranger things have happened. Maybe the Vet School could start an aquatic veterinary school specializing in shark wellness.

Don't see them having the budget to hire McElwain or even a top coordinator out of a P5 league.

Might be that they try to find an FCS coach who has been able to recruit above his head. Recruiting has been and will be an uphill battle for them. They need somebody who can find talent and convince it to come to a struggling G5 program. And a somebody who wants a BCS job bad enough to do it for fairly cheap.

59422913.jpg

Not necessarily “firing him for cause” but terminating his contract due to inability to perform his duties.

Back