What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The depressing thing

slider

Hasta la Viska
Club Member
The way it appears now, there are really no realistic coaching candidates that are as attractive (no homo) as Hawk was in 2005:sad1:

I've got a feeling that regardless of who the hire is, this board will be able to talk him up enough to make us all excited about him.

I've got a feeling that regardless of who the hire is, this board will be able to talk him up enough to make us all excited about him.

Well. When your at the bottom you'd probably excited about just about anyone. The bottom being finishing the year with 2 or 3 wins total.

Well. When your at the bottom you'd probably excited about just about anyone. The bottom being finishing the year with 2 or 3 wins total.

Don't take what I said the wrong way. There's something wrong when there's a change to improve a team and a fan base fails to get excited about it. I'll simply be excited about a change and the possibility of improvement.

There are always guys out there(no homo either) that arent on ESPN. Hawk looked good to me(again no homo) about 3 years before he was even hired, I thought damn think what this guy could do at CU. I WAS WRONG!!!!!!

The way it appears now, there are really no realistic coaching candidates that are as attractive (no homo) as Hawk was in 2005:sad1:

I think people are too hung up on names. I want to see a better process for hiring and I don't want to have the final decision up to Bohn alone. No one really knew much about McCartney or Crowder when they were hired. They need to find someone who has the fire to get the job done.

I would not mind them hiring a coordinator with a good recruiting record. Or someone who is a Head Coach at a lower division school (Bobby Hauck as an example) but has assistant experience in Division 1. I don't know anything about Charlie Strong but he might be a good candidate.

There are more candidates out there than you may think.

I think people are too hung up on names. I want to see a better process for hiring and I don't want to have the final decision up to Bohn alone. No one really knew much about McCartney or Crowder when they were hired. They need to find someone who has the fire to get the job done.

I would not mind them hiring a coordinator with a good recruiting record. Or someone who is a Head Coach at a lower division school (Bobby Hauck as an example) but has assistant experience in Division 1. I don't know anything about Charlie Strong but he might be a good candidate.

There are more candidates out there than you may think.

This. It could end up we end up with a "no name" (not always a bad thing as you point out), but at least have a process this time. Interview at least three candidates. Compile a list mixed with coordinators and coaches at lower levels. Let's have a deliberate process.

What about Rich Gannon. We need to jump on him now (no homo) so the Raiders don't snatch (no lesbian) him up

There are always guys out there(no homo either) that arent on ESPN. Hawk looked good to me(again no homo) about 3 years before he was even hired, I thought damn think what this guy could do at CU. I WAS WRONG!!!!!!

We all were. College football is littered with the bodies of failed promise and hopes dashed.

We'll get our guy again someday.

Washington_Redskins_coach_9035.JPG

I could get very exicited about Kubiak if he parts ways with the Texans.

I felt Kubiak to CU had a realistic chance of happening the first time around when Hawk was hired. But with two kids now enrolled and playing for the CSU program....I think that coaching at CU is a long shot. My guess is he stays in the NFL and moves back into an offensive coordinator position if he is let go by the Texans.

Last edited:
Back