What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Elephant in the room

So he's better suited to be a guard? If so, would love to see Nembot at tackle next year. I'm confident we'll have a better O-line next year.

Better suited for guard or right tackle where he played last year.

Nembot certainly has the physical tools to be a LT, may take a little longer for the technique to get there. Could see Lewis step up and take over the position or if they can get Dannewitz out of Hawkins mode he certainly has the physical tools to do it. I think Bahktiari on the right side would give us somebody who could win the one on one battles needed to be more effective in short yardage.

Better suited for guard or right tackle where he played last year.

Nembot certainly has the physical tools to be a LT, may take a little longer for the technique to get there. Could see Lewis step up and take over the position or if they can get Dannewitz out of Hawkins mode he certainly has the physical tools to do it. I think Bahktiari on the right side would give us somebody who could win the one on one battles needed to be more effective in short yardage.

What exactly gives you the idea that Dannewitz is a LT?

What exactly gives you the idea that Dannewitz is a LT?

Good body size, long arms, reasonably strong, pretty good lateral movement.

Most of his problems come from playing passive (a trait with Dan Hawkins coached O-linemen.)

He needs to do some serious work in the offseason on technique and getting stronger on the intitial strike both in the run and the pass game.

Like so many of the other guys carrying over from the past staff most of his problems seem to be in his attitude and approach to the game. I have no idea if he will actually ever turn into a decent LT (or any other position.) Of the guys we have coming back my opinion (worth no more than anyone elses) is that he is the best possiblility for the position if he will do what he has to do to be successfull.

That all said if you had gone back four or five years it would have been easy to argue that Sione Tau would have been a standout on this years line with his physical gifts, never happened.

I guess I do not see the athleticism in Dannewitz to be a LT. Not even close actually.

I guess I do not see the athleticism in Dannewitz to be a LT. Not even close actually.
Agreeing with you today. Dannewitz is a bad RT who can' thandle speed or strength... why in the hell would he be a good LT? Cause he did ok against CSU?

We will have to see, I think he has it but as posted above lacks other things.

If Lewis steps up, or someone else, then it won't be an issue. The sooner we are into the Embree era as far as players the better, meaning those who are either recruited by the Embree staff or who buy into the Embree mentallity completely.

I am sick of seeing us get no push at the line of scrimmage and seeing our O-linemen getting dominated by guys who have no business dominating them.

Elephant-upskirt.jpg

I don't think Dannewitz can even handle RT, let alone LT.. we should send him to guard next year assuming we find some others to fill in at tackle.

Back