What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The End of Slick Rick

Can we pay UCLA to keep Slick a few more weeks. We need the win and it may be nice to poach a few of his recruits as well.

Fire him now and the players might get up for the replacement coach, also give the new guy more time to solidify their class. Keep Slick around and he may tear them down worse than Hawkins did here (correction, not possible to tear a program down worse than Hawkins did here.)

I was at my kids game last night - sounds like I missed an epic pac12 match-up?? embree jr did what?

I think he is done at the end of the season - but, if the buffs go in there and beat his team, he will be done that day!

I think he is done at the end of the season - but, if the buffs go in there and beat his team, he will be done that day!

images

I was at my kids game last night - sounds like I missed an epic pac12 match-up?? embree jr did what?
He was involved at the beginning of the melée. At first, a couple of UofA players were exchanging words with a couple of UCLA players. They got into a shoving match. Then, right in front of the ref, Embree and another guy appeared to throw punches. Then the riot took off. To be fair, I don't think Embree did much compared to many others. If he threw a punch, it was barely one. But he was right in front of the ref and it was one of the first "blows" in the melée.

Five more weeks slick rick. Five more weeks. Give us a chance to end this road ****.

No kidding. We NEED Slick Rick to be there to kick his ass just once before he gets run out of town. Maybe we can deliver the death blow?

I don't think he makes it out of this weekend, tho. :huh:

No kidding. We NEED Slick Rick to be there to kick his ass just once before he gets run out of town. Maybe we can deliver the death blow?

I don't think he makes it out of this weekend, tho. :huh:

Well according to UCLA's AD, he will make it through the season. Of course he could be lying through his teeth, but that was certainly the indication

I really doubt Ricky will survive until the CU game. They may get by Cal next weekend, if they do then it is possible. They will get whacked by ASU, but then may get by UU. Then the CU game and they will finish the season 6-6 or worse, then Ricky goes. But the way I saw them play, I doubt they can string together W's v. Cal and UU, maybe one but not both, Tricky will be roasted by the time CU rolls into town...

I am so disappointed the weasel is going to get the axe. I really wanted to boo him without mercy in Folsom next year.

Interesting connection:

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/28094/streaking-brawling-arizona-wins

“Arizona cornerback Shaquille Richardson and UCLA receiver Taylor Embree, son of Colorado coach Jon Embree, were ejected for committing flagrant personal fouls. Both will face suspensions, and the Pac-12 likely will hand out more when it reviews game film.”

Shaquille Richardson is the cousin of CU’s best WR Paul Richardson. Both Richardsons were originally committed to UCLA before getting involved in legal trouble the summer before their freshman year, Shaq going to UofA; Paul to CU.

It would extremely disappointing if Slick Rick doesn't survive until the CU game. We really need him to make a final contribution to CU football...since he never has before and he owes us big time.

He was involved at the beginning of the melée. At first, a couple of UofA players were exchanging words with a couple of UCLA players. They got into a shoving match. Then, right in front of the ref, Embree and another guy appeared to throw punches. Then the riot took off. To be fair, I don't think Embree did much compared to many others. If he threw a punch, it was barely one. But he was right in front of the ref and it was one of the first "blows" in the melée.

thanks DBT - i will have to watch for it on tape delay.... Embree, Embree,

Knock em out the box, Rick. Knock em out Rick.

[video=youtube;HjNTu8jdukA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjNTu8jdukA[/video]

I hope the UCLA athletic department had all of their cash in Blockbuster stock. I'd love it if they had to keep Slick Rick around another year because they coudn't pay him off.

Back