What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The eyes of Texas are a P.I.T.A

Probably. But you're missing the point. Did you see the photo of Marfa? OR, the San Juans. Tough one, apparently.
Oh, I saw the photos. You realize that he's just looking for places to sit in the dark and sharpen his knife, right? Marfa will work.

And right on cue, Jason Boland shows up on Pandora singing "Somewhere Down in Texas".

And the rays of light through my Shiner Bock Bottle make me want to turn my key and put down the throttle.

Probably. But you're missing the point. Did you see the photo of Marfa? OR, the San Juans. Tough one, apparently.

It's like the old joke from the book of Genesis. On the sixth day, God had finished making the Grand Canyon, the Fjords of Norway, the Hawaiian Islands, the Alps, the Himalayas, and every majestic landscape from Terra del Fuego to Phuket. There was just one vacant space to the left of the Gulf of Mexico. God had just enough clay to pat out a flat and uninteresting landscape in the area known as Texas.

God looked at this wasteland of prickly mesquite, cactus, tumbleweeds, dirt, and misery and knew that no one in his creation could ever imagine living in this hot and bleak corner of the earth.

Then an idea occurred to Him. "I've got the solution to the problem of who will live and love this ****hole. I shall create Texans."

And that, dear readers, is how Texan exceptionalism came to be.

It's like the old joke from the book of Genesis. On the sixth day, God had finished making the Grand Canyon, the Fjords of Norway, the Hawaiian Islands, the Alps, the Himalayas, and every majestic landscape from Terra del Fuego to Phuket. There was just one vacant space to the left of the Gulf of Mexico. God had just enough clay to pat out a flat and uninteresting landscape in the area known as Texas.

God looked at this wasteland of prickly mesquite, cactus, tumbleweeds, dirt, and misery and knew that no one in his creation could ever imagine living in this hot and bleak corner of the earth.

Then an idea occurred to Him. "I've got the solution to the problem of who will live and love this ****hole. I shall create Texans."

And that, dear readers, is how Texan exceptionalism came to be.
I'm presuming that much like God got the raw material for women from Adam's rib, he got the raw material for Texans from the usual place - Adam's first dump.

I'm presuming that much like God got the raw material for women from Adam's rib, he got the raw material for Texans from the usual place - Adam's first dump.

Every Movie Poop entry has its muse.

Here I sit, cheeks a flexin'.
Given birth
To another Texan.

Why is Texas the lone star state?

Because just like people the other stars can't put up with being around them.

[MENTION=7737]hokiehead[/MENTION]. Well UVA is already stuck with Louisville as the new cross-division rival after Maryland left. I personally wouldn't be against WVU, but they haven't done themselves any favors with their refusal to play UVA OOC after some incidents the last two times. I think UNC, Duke, Wake and maybe UVA, GT and BC would be opposed. Personally, though, a good program with a large fanbase would be good for the ACC and good for UVA and VT to have a border rival. The biggest thing for me would be ensuring UVA/UNC play every year. It's the South's oldest football rivalry and ruining that series (like has happened with UVA/Clemson, Wake, NCSU) would be a shame. Personally, I'm more opposed to UConn. More lame northeastern teams with weak support is not appealing, outside of basketball. It's boring enough having BC putting fans across the conference to sleep (has anyone ever seen an actual BC fan?). UVA fan opinion would be split between those who would weldome the cross-border rivalry and a boost to football, and the academic snobs. However, the academic argument lost some major weight with Louisville's admission.
Great post. I was on a plane with 12 or so BC fans after the ACCCG in 2007, so they do exist. Didn't know you were play partners with louisville though -- how did that happen (you must've had Mary before I guess)?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The last girl I dated was a Texan. I won't make that mistake again.

Well, unless she's a 10.

Hard to tell what a lot of them are 4 or 10 until you see them without the six pounds of makeup and hair products and layers of spandex holding everything in place.

Talk heating up on UCF & USF. Fueled by the publisher of UT's Orangebloods, the Rivals UCF site is running with the speculation.

https://ucf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1783833

The thinking seems to be that with the SEC taking aTM and killing it in Texas with recruiting, that the Big 12 needs to try to do something to counter-punch by getting into Florida.

it would make sense in a lot of ways for the Big 12 to add UCF, and possibly USF. USF isn't carrying the load right now, but UCF, with an on campus stadium and fiesta Bowl win over baylor in their recent memory is primed.

I almost feel sorry for Oklahoma and Kansas fans. I can't think Oklahoma ever envisioned a day when they would be in a conference that included Baylor, TCU, WVU, UCF, and USF.

it would make sense in a lot of ways for the Big 12 to add UCF, and possibly USF. USF isn't carrying the load right now, but UCF, with an on campus stadium and fiesta Bowl win over baylor in their recent memory is primed.
My parents live in Florida and are hoping UCF makes it into a power conference. I was shocked at the enrollment numbers.

I almost feel sorry for Oklahoma and Kansas fans. I can't think Oklahoma ever envisioned a day when they would be in a conference that included Baylor, TCU, WVU, UCF, and USF.

If they weren't tied at the hip to OSU and KjSU they both would probably either already be gone or high on the list to be gone.

If the PAC ever had to expand (No I don't think they will have to or should) then OU and KU without their partners would be a quality choice.

My parents live in Florida and are hoping UCF makes it into a power conference. I was shocked at the enrollment numbers.

it is huge. I did my master's there in 95-96 and it has tripled in size since then. they invested heavily in reinventing themselves from commuter school to destination. They evev have a med school on a seperate campus southeast of Orlando.

it is huge. I did my master's there in 95-96 and it has tripled in size since then. they invested heavily in reinventing themselves from commuter school to destination. They evev have a med school on a seperate campus southeast of Orlando.
Nice. My parents have no rooting interest for any Florida team, they are more hoping for the added benefits to higher education that would come with P5 affiliation.

Back