What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Fresno State game. Win, or Lose?

Will CU beat FSU?

• Total voters
As I told my brother today, get UM to return the favor, then we'll talk :huh:.

Too late. There will be Rugged and Snow and Dlpy and Burrito, Creatini, DBT and everyone else named ***Buff will f*ck you up and then Unleash Hell and a host of others... Then, Tante and Skidmark will f*ck you up. And when you think you're cool, the 17 MODs on this site will f*ck you up along with old BIG 12, PAC 12 and CSU trolls. When you think it's over the admins will f*ck you up. You'll see in the morning. Ha ha ha hee hee hee....

newkid slapped!

Meh. Newkid's highfalutin education <> ability to stay on topic.
Any academic windbag worth his tweed jacket is able to expand endlessly on mundane topics like Fresno State. If newkid were worldly and useful, he'd be pointing out the best burgers, seediest dive bars and shiniest hand polished brass polls in the valley.

Only Cal would target the periodic table of the elements as a marketing tool. Last time I checked, californium, berkelium, lawrencium, and seaborgium are not used to enhance women's breasts, is too dangerous to be snorted, and isn't used to cure meat. The names that were chosen are self-serving and clearly indicate cal is compensating for something. Cal wouldn't appear so uptight had three of those elements been named shattuckium, tightwadhillium, and Steveskoreanbbqium. I don't know how seaborgium can stand to hang out with those losers.

Here's a chance to redeem yourself, Newkid. Go find four smoking hot Stanford girls who aren't afraid of the kitchen and have them make me a sammich.

On August 1st, there is a major convention in Palo Alto wherein free BJs are given to stanford players and alumni by convention attendees. Sounds like many of you should sign up :nod:.

BTW...I've spoken with our Junta and Skidmark is being made an honorary Golden Bear alumnus and will be conferred a degree of his choice. This, on the basis that we don't have to teach him anything- He is smart enough and naturally conveys our animosity towards furd. His starting salary is $174,000 a year and he can keep posting on AllBuffs during the day. His X-mas bonus of course, would entail an additional 25% merit increase based on his quality of photoshopped furd failures. And yes, we can afford to pay him this out of alumni donations...

Does this also mean Bear Insider will finally approve my membership request? The admins on that site are either lazy or incompetent sonsofbitches. I also want unfettered access to the Bancroft library vaults and a standing invitation to play the CU fight song on the Sather Tower Campanile whenever I'm in town.

I'm kinda honored to be first in the list of people who are gonna **** new kid up. And burrito, don't overuse your game wining powers. We will need them late in the season again...

I'm kinda honored to be first in the list of people who are gonna **** new kid up. And burrito, don't overuse your game wining powers. We will need them late in the season again...

Take it easy on me, or Mr. and Mrs. Newkid will rethink their gifts to CU. :lol:

Last edited:

I'm first, mofo. Although I shouldn't even be on that list. I'm not very good at laying the smack down on new posters. My expertise is defenseless fat chicks.

I do keep loving our new conference though. It is nice to have visiting posters who are able to make well thought posts with good points and facts rather than the jackasses from the midwest or Fort Collins. I just hope he isn't too snobby. And I guess he is kinda ****ing stupid for choosing the username "newkid".

I'm first, mofo. Although I shouldn't even be on that list. I'm not very good at laying the smack down on new posters. My expertise is defenseless fat chicks.

I do keep loving our new conference though. It is nice to have visiting posters who are able to make well thought posts with good points and facts rather than the jackasses from the midwest or Fort Collins. I just hope he isn't too snobby. And I guess he is kinda ****ing stupid for choosing the username "newkid".

So this is what it feels like to be fresh meat at the pen. You sick f*cks. Anyway, where's the best place to find a hot, drunk [but coherent] 20something, future ex in this town. I'll be dropping off younger newkid soon enough.

So this is what it feels like to be fresh meat at the pen. You sick f*cks. Anyway, where's the best place to find a hot, drunk [but coherent] 20something, future ex in this town. I'll be dropping off younger newkid soon enough.

Go to the hill. Or pearl street. Start walking. Say hi to the first 20 people. You will find what you want in spades unless you are some kinda loser

It is going to be funny when new kid goes all the way to boulder to bang the same girl he was banging in high school in Cali.

So this is what it feels like to be fresh meat at the pen?

Naw..they're just getting warmed up. Exhibit A:

4b2008ca-1de1-6d67.jpg

Exhibit B:
4b2008ca-3655-5654.jpg

Last edited:

Future ex? Why would you want to find one of those on a weekend trip out here?

Fresno State fan poking my nose in here.

We really don't know too much about you guys. But here's some info on Fresno State, in the hope that it may be reciprocated:
1. To the Cal Guy: Carr was pretty uncertain and hesitant early in the season. He settled down later on. Drops and poor route running, however, hurt us pretty badly throughout the year, especially in the Ole Miss game.

2. We're pretty set at the skill positions on offense. Carr is a damn good QB if he has someone to throw to. Davante Adams, Victor Dean (6-7 1/2 and 4.5 speed) and Josh Harper are our three top WRs coming out of Spring ball. Adams is going to be special. Our best RB, Robbie Rouse, is 5-7 180 pounds, but runs like someone twice his size. And behind him we have excellent depth. The weak link is going to be the OL. Most of them were recruited for Pat Hill's prostyle. The spread, however, is a whole new animal, and they're taking a while to adjust. The incoming class has several JC players with experience in the spread; they can't get here fast enough. Unless they can get it down fully, we'll live and die by the big play. They'll probably be the deciding factor in most of our games this year, including our game with you guys. Thankfully, the new OL coach has a great resume and knows his business.

3. As OP noted, DeRuyter has a record of fixing defenses wherever he goes. This appears to be holding true. They were looking really good in spring ball, swarming to the ball and forcing turnovers far better than last year. Phillip Thomas is an all-conference caliber safety and a good option contain man. His loss and Hill's predictable playcalling (Long-time gripe in Bulldog Land) probably cost us that Nebraska game in particular and quite a few others. He and Derron Smith being back is a huge deal; we were starting converted CBs at safety due to the amount of injuries (Trust me, it was UGLY. Like watching cows on ice). The CBs are a question mark, but we have decent depth there. The DL has looked solid, and we have some good LBs (Travis Brown, Tristan Okpaulago) returning.

Return information would be appreciated. Should be a good game with you guys.

Welcome and thanks for your info. I don't type a lot so I won't return the favor. I wanted Fresno to be our road game destination this season, but left the decision up to these posters and the assholes voted to send us to Wazzou instead. I hope we beat you, but don't think we will.

Welcome and thanks for your info. I don't type a lot so I won't return the favor. I wanted Fresno to be our road game destination this season, but left the decision up to these posters and the assholes voted to send us to Wazzou instead. I hope we beat you, but don't think we will.

"Cows on ice" got you mildly excited, didn't it?

We really don't know too much about you guys. But here's some info on Fresno State, in the hope that it may be reciprocated:
1. To the Cal Guy: Carr was pretty uncertain and hesitant early in the season. He settled down later on. Drops and poor route running, however, hurt us pretty badly throughout the year, especially in the Ole Miss game.

2. We're pretty set at the skill positions on offense. Carr is a damn good QB if he has someone to throw to. Davante Adams, Victor Dean (6-7 1/2 and 4.5 speed) and Josh Harper are our three top WRs coming out of Spring ball. Adams is going to be special. Our best RB, Robbie Rouse, is 5-7 180 pounds, but runs like someone twice his size. And behind him we have excellent depth. The weak link is going to be the OL. Most of them were recruited for Pat Hill's prostyle. The spread, however, is a whole new animal, and they're taking a while to adjust. The incoming class has several JC players with experience in the spread; they can't get here fast enough. Unless they can get it down fully, we'll live and die by the big play. They'll probably be the deciding factor in most of our games this year, including our game with you guys. Thankfully, the new OL coach has a great resume and knows his business.

3. As OP noted, DeRuyter has a record of fixing defenses wherever he goes. This appears to be holding true. They were looking really good in spring ball, swarming to the ball and forcing turnovers far better than last year. Phillip Thomas is an all-conference caliber safety and a good option contain man. His loss and Hill's predictable playcalling (Long-time gripe in Bulldog Land) probably cost us that Nebraska game in particular and quite a few others. He and Derron Smith being back is a huge deal; we were starting converted CBs at safety due to the amount of injuries (Trust me, it was UGLY. Like watching cows on ice). The CBs are a question mark, but we have decent depth there. The DL has looked solid, and we have some good LBs (Travis Brown, Tristan Okpaulago) returning.

Here's the problem for us with return information - we don't know. Pretty much every starter is either new or at some stage of returning from injury or switching positions.

If everything breaks well, this is a bowl team that will pull an upset or 3. If it doesn't we could suck hard.

But we have a total of 24 scholarship guys in our junior and senior classes. Leftovers from the HaLkins error. There are some standouts among them, but it's likely that 2/3 won't make our 2-deep. Our quarterback competition is heading into the fall with 2 of the 3 leaders being transfers we've never seen play and the 4th guy who is the darkhorse to start is a true freshman. Honestly, it's a mystery.

Guys we know can play that you will probably want to key on:

OL - David Bakhtiari (LT)
DL - Will Pericak (DT)
LB - Jon Major (ILB)
DB - Ray Polk (S)

Here's the problem for us with return information - we don't know. Pretty much every starter is either new or at some stage of returning from injury or switching positions.

If everything breaks well, this is a bowl team that will pull an upset or 3. If it doesn't we could suck hard.

But we have a total of 24 scholarship guys in our junior and senior classes. Leftovers from the HaLkins error. There are some standouts among them, but it's likely that 2/3 won't make our 2-deep. Our quarterback competition is heading into the fall with 2 of the 3 leaders being transfers we've never seen play and the 4th guy who is the darkhorse to start is a true freshman. Honestly, it's a mystery.

DL - Will Pericak (DT)
LB - Jon Major (ILB)
DB - Ray Polk (S)
I would add CB Henderson to the list. Webb is a maybe. and I am really glad my creation has caught on :lol: (see bolded).

DL - Will Pericak (DT)
LB - Jon Major (ILB)
DB - Ray Polk (S)

Man. That crazy, huh? [takes notes]

Barring a miracle, this is going to have a major impact on offensive production for Fresno this year, and not in a good way. You don't just make a wholesale change in offensive scheme without serious growing pains when you take into account a whole new playbook, and not having the ideal players to run it. I did not realize that FSU was changing from pro-style to spread. This actually gives me more confidence going into this game. I think the home field advantage will help you guys, and I expect it will be a good game.

Barring a miracle, this is going to have a major impact on offensive production for Fresno this year, and not in a good way. You don't just make a wholesale change in offensive scheme without serious growing pains when you take into account a whole new playbook, and not having the ideal players to run it. I did not realize that FSU was changing from pro-style to spread. This actually gives me more confidence going into this game. I think the home field advantage will help you guys, and I expect it will be a good game.

Mmm. Indeed. They're coming along, but the OL was getting slaughtered early on in spring ball. Doesn't help that the D has been revitalized. We haven't had a real defense since Reggie Bush personally killed it in '05.

I still think we'll win. But the O won't really start to click until late season. Live and die by the big play.

Last edited:
I would add CB Henderson to the list. Webb is a maybe. and I am really glad my creation has caught on :lol: (see bolded).

I'm not even sure that Henderson starts at CB. He could end up getting moved into the nickel as a quasi-starter.

I'm not even sure that Henderson starts at CB. He could end up getting moved into the nickel as a quasi-starter.
Perhaps. That would be pretty awesome in that it means we hit on not one but both of our 4* CB's in this cycle.

Perhaps. That would be pretty awesome in that it means we hit on not one but both of our 4* CB's in this cycle.

Or that Bell has come back 100%. He was supposed to be our best CB last season before we lost him for the year in the pre-season.

Or that Bell has come back 100%. He was supposed to be our best CB last season before we lost him for the year in the pre-season.
ya. That was before Henderson started for a whole year. He's got more experience than Bell now. That can significantly change the equation. Not to mention this equation still hurts: Knee Injury + Buff = Never The Same.

Besides, if Orms is healthy, I don't see him losing that nickel spot.

Back