What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The game that killed the football program

RSSBot

News Junkie
How did we get here?* How did the once proud University of Colorado football program fall to the point that a mid-level FCS program can completely out-play the Buffs in Folsom Field?* It's a simple question to ask. *The complete answer is much less simple.* As in many things, it is far too nebulous and complex to succinctly describe in less than a book.

What I can pinpoint, emphatically, is the first moment the train began jumping the tracks. *There is one game, above all others, that I keep recalling as the beginning of the end. *Before kickoff, CU was still a national power. *While not perfect, the program was still capable of competing with the best in the land. *After its 60 minutes, it lay broken and vulnerable.

No, not 70-3.* The real answer is CU's 30-16 loss at Iowa State on November 12th, 2005. *And I was there.

Let me take you back seven years to the scene of the crime...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-1400817961995085352

frgeio96z8s

How did we get here?* How did the once proud University of Colorado football program fall to the point that a mid-level FCS program can completely out-play the Buffs in Folsom Field?* It's a simple question to ask. *The complete answer is much less simple.* As in many things, it is far too nebulous and complex to succinctly describe in less than a book.

What I can pinpoint, emphatically, is the first moment the train began jumping the tracks. *There is one game, above all others, that I keep recalling as the beginning of the end. *Before kickoff, CU was still a national power. *While not perfect, the program was still capable of competing with the best in the land. *After its 60 minutes, it lay broken and vulnerable.

No, not 70-3.* The real answer is CU's 30-16 loss at Iowa State on November 12th, 2005. *And I was there.

Let me take you back seven years to the scene of the crime...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-1400817961995085352

frgeio96z8s

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Disagree entirely. While many stand out, it was the Toledo road game in 2009. Program flat-out died on the field that night.

Here's another question: Who killed the program?

I submit 2 names: Blane ****ing Kerr and Lisa ****ing Simpson.

Disagree entirely. While many stand out, it was the Toledo road game in 2009. Program flat-out died on the field that night.

I'm saying that the deed was done long before that. Hell, even in '09 we had already lost to CSU in Folsom. That ISU game started a chain of events that killed a rebound '05 season, ruined recruiting, and got Gary fired and Hawk hired. Toledo was awful, but it was just another link in a chain of failure that stretches back to November '05.

FWIW, I was at the Toledo game too. Maybe I should just stop attending.

Naww man. We were already dead at that point. My remote was the thing that died that night after slamming into the wall.

Back