What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The hat might be available.....

Does he get the whole buyout up front? Then Id say possibility.

If the buyout is staggered over a number of years and ends conditional on taking a new job? Id say, at 62, no way.

Whoa...my brother's best friend's uncle knows a guy dating a hairdresser who has a neighbor who works for Comcast, apparently Les Miles has just ordered cable and it is being installed in a house off of Baseline. Confirmed by a local Buddhist peace activist from Naropa Institute whose sister has a thing on the side with a landscape guy who is putting in all new sod at said house for Les to graze on... pics to follow.

In other news:

There's smoke around David Stern and Paul Tagliabue coming out of retirement to be joint-ADs at CU if Rick George decides to leave.

Would Miles take a job at Purdue, Wake Forest, or Kansas? Because those are our peer programs right now.

Would Miles take a job at Purdue, Wake Forest, or Kansas? Because those are our peer programs right now.
Except Miles coached previously at CU, not at those other programs. I think the folks who want Miles to come here are hoping that would give CU some advantage over other programs.

I dont, never heard about this before. What's the story behind this?

FWIU, Mac was part of a small scandal about praying that the NCAA decided was not permissible. There were also rumors that he favored his Chrsitian players. At SMU he would have been openly allowed to pray and share his faith with his players. This was after they hand the hammer down brought on them for cheating so 88ish.

FWIU, Mac was part of a small scandal about praying that the NCAA decided was not permissible. There were also rumors that he favored his Chrsitian players. At SMU he would have been openly allowed to pray and share his faith with his players. This was after they hand the hammer down brought on them for cheating so 88ish.
I didn't know, was a little before my time. Good to know glad that never came to fruition.

That would have been really strange as that prospective hire would have been during the probation and he would've had to start the program over in 1989 with a JV team. Forrest Gregg did the honors instead and went 3-19-0 in two seasons. http://articles.latimes.com/1988-01-10/sports/sp-34841_1_bill-mccartney

Except Miles coached previously at CU, not at those other programs. I think the folks who want Miles to come here are hoping that would give CU some advantage over other programs.
Let's not forget, RG was a Grad Assistant in Boulder while Miles was an Assistant.

Let's not forget, RG was a Grad Assistant in Boulder while Miles was an Assistant.
A Brinks truck, McCartney, Barnett and George might collectively be able to talk him into coaching in Boulder again. It would be a hard recruiting pitch to turn down.

Did I mention the Brinks truck?

I looked this up earlier. Miles' last year here was '86 and George came in '87. Same tree and circle of contacts, but it doesn't look like they ever worked together.

Back