What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Herd

White_Rabbit

Club Member
Club Member
Does anyone watch this? I just happened to have ESPNU on this morning when I woke up and the first thing he said was about how there's a bunch of college football programs with coaches on the hot seat. He said Ralph Friedgen at Maryland, Dan Hawkins at Colorado, and some other coach at a crappy school would be fired and said, "but whatever, nobody cares about those schools." He then went on to talk about how Rich Rod is doing a good job and is going to save his job at Michigan because people care what happens there. It was straight out of the Slick Rick school of have and have nots.

Not that I think we're on par with Michigan, but god damnit I'd put us way the **** up there past Maryland and whatever other school he put us on par with. I blame Hawk for this, and partially Barney and Slick.

Maryland's only a year removed from losing to WILLIAM & MARY in 2009. And VaTech to JAMES MADISON? C'mon... even overlooking these teams, Div I teams shouldn't come CLOSE to losing. Losing to North Dakota State because KU only scores 1 FG?!! C'mon...

I mean, there are "abberations" and there are "slipping thru cracks" excuses, but c'mon...

It's bad enough to lose to city-college teams like Toledo. What's next? Mt. Union? Mary Hardin-Baylor? These teams hold bake-sales to help fund their budgets. No kidding. And God bless 'em even more for that - but still - is that going to be the next level of "competition" for pre-season games?

Last edited:
I don't blame Barney for this. He led us to our only Big 12 Title and 4 division championships. We were very much relevant during his tenure.

We were relevant during Barnett's time (only somewhat outside of 2001), but boy did we ever get blown out against decent OOC BCS schools we played on the road. I had the pleasure of witnessing many of those debacles in person. His strength, however, was generally beating the teams we should beat - what I would give to see our team even be able to do that these days.

we are a has-been on the national scale right now. National media will not care about CU until the wins start again - or if there are rape allegations.

This.

Don't sweat it. Nebraska and Alabama were pretty irrelevant for awhile until just recently.

Washington, UCLA and Syracuse are in our same boat too right now.

we are a has-been on the national scale right now. National media will not care about CU until the wins start again - or if there are rape allegations.

Back