What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The impact of the new Pac-12 TV deal on CU basketball

NashBuff

CSU Knob-Slobberer
http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/21406/pac-12-every-game-matters-because-its-on-tv

Ted Miller did an interview with Larry Scott and what caught my eye was that EVERY basketball game will be broadcast one way or the other. I know there are 200+ posts on the football board so I went ahead and started this on the basketball thread because I think it will be a big deal for our basketball programs in addition to the new practice facility.

I think this will have an impact on me being less football centric over time and I believe with Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State as our most likely rivals, this will translate to the hardwood as well. I know Utah is down but this conference move should revive that program.

I'm sure Boyle is excited about selling to recruits the fact that all of their games will be broadcast on TV or online. We already got some good LA players and I believe recruiting is about to EXPLODE for the Buffs big time.

Anyone think this was a better day for basketball than football today if you don't consider the whole AD?

Boyle is definitely doing a happy dance right now. He's going to be able to sell recruits on every single game being available locally for family and friends of the out-of-state prospects, plus a lot more exposure on national television.

Based on what we've been seeing, I think we're well on our way to sellouts, top 100 prospects, and post-season tournaments being the norm for CU basketball.

We need to do our part and buy season tickets along with encouraging people we know to go to games.

Wow...basketball has an awesome season and then a month later it's like it didn't happen.

:hmmm:

digital media should make the "family can't see them on TV broadcast" thing irrelevant. i'm very excited about the dig media aspect. i don't watch actual TV except for sports (basically CU games on FSN, FOX Rocky, ESPN 3/altitude CU hoops blackout shellgame and golf majors.....and until channelsurfing and the ilk got seized, with ESPN 3, i could see most everything on my computer monitor....which is bigger than my TV anyway. the latter i keep in the closet.

i went by the new facility yesterday, looking good. kind of interesting and funny that the "aesthetic" of the north edifice is one that you see in other older, original buildings on campus.....of bricked over windows, where the window frame (in quarry stone) is still there but used to be glass but was covered for some reason. on the hoops facility, they just skipped right to the bricked-in look where there was obviously never a window....for the "new is old" look.

Back