What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The jury is in.

I eouldike everyone to look at the first four years of Coach Mac's career at CU. Then game a chill pill of go eat a bag of dicks. Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I agree with your statement on our admin, 77.

But I don't agree with the Solich thing. And here's why: Even though he failed as a coach at Nebraska (okay, after a 9-3, or whatever) he was still a running back in Lincoln. As we saw when (who's the guy that got fired at Kansas last year?) was enjoying success at Buffalo, the huskers viewed that as their personal success as well. I couldn't stand the thought of Nebraskans feeling a sense of satisfaction from any victories we might enjoy under Solich ("it's his husker roots that make the Buffs successful, yada, yada, yada). **** Nebraska, Baylor and 'Gasm.

I eouldike everyone to look at the first four years of Coach Mac's career at CU. Then game a chill pill of go eat a bag of dicks. Lol

Doctor says you shouldn't eat a bag of dicks for at least an hour after taking a chill pill. Safety first!

Or take a look at Dan Hawkins' career at CU, and realize that not every coach that starts off badly is going to turn out to be Coach Mac....

It is not that we lost to csu. It is the fact we lost to an inferior team.

We lost to a not good team. What is worrisome is that after what I saw today, I'm not sure they're inferior....

Get serious, do you really think we could afford a top of the line coach like a Saban, Meyer, Miles etc.

I said just about anyone. I can list as many decent coaches we could hire as you can list that only a few schools can hire. It is time to quit constantly cry poor at CU. we have one of the sweetest deals in college football, a foundation plumb with a decent endowment and a decent base that could be mined if we would invest in it. The no money angle does not cut it anymore.

Maybe someone can contradict what I say, but basically, Embree is a second year head coach. Most of the great coaches had a breaking in period. The new hires like Hoke at Michigan and Meyer at Ohio State had extensive experience as head coaches. They also won a lot. There was an article in the Post this past week discussing the potential new stadium at CSU. I guess they have a new administrator from LSU. He was quoted as saying there are 120 D 1 college football programs but only about 30 are in a position for big success. He cited the conference the team was in, the alignment, the history of the school and so forth. Most of those schools have been competing for a championship for decades. They have the track record to bring in the best coaches and players. The bottom line is that CU just isn't in that position.

Maybe someone can contradict what I say, but basically, Embree is a second year head coach. Most of the great coaches had a breaking in period. The new hires like Hoke at Michigan and Meyer at Ohio State had extensive experience as head coaches. They also won a lot. There was an article in the Post this past week discussing the potential new stadium at CSU. I guess they have a new administrator from LSU. He was quoted as saying there are 120 D 1 college football programs but only about 30 are in a position for big success. He cited the conference the team was in, the alignment, the history of the school and so forth. Most of those schools have been competing for a championship for decades. They have the track record to bring in the best coaches and players. The bottom line is that CU just isn't in that position.

But you would think CU is in the position to beat CSU.

But you would think CU is in the position to beat CSU.

That's right. The game was a killer. I am in Steamboat but watched about three quarters. I thought in the second half the big guys for CSU dominated our lines. I also thought trying to punch it in fourth and one was really stupid in a close game. They should have kicked. There were some good things. The QB had his moments and the receivers did some good things. I didn't see much of a running game. And there were some killer turnovers. But the big picture is that the good teams don't have stuff like that. Year in and year out they just don't tank it against teams like CSU.

Guys - you can't just look at one game - you gotta look at the totality of the circumstances...

And that is why last week I emailed a buddy that we would have a new coach in couple of years.

I disagree. The tale was told today. Regardless of what happens in those games, this game showed the world that Embree can't do the job. He might luck into a game or two, but he'll never be the guy to turn the program around. He doesn't have what it takes. He's not the guy. I can hope he'll win some games, and I certainly do. Problem is, when you are up against a dog sh!t CSU team that is playing it's very first game under a new head coach, you need to win that game. He didn't. I don't care what the reasons are.

This

just because embree lost in terrible fashion to a ****** team and mac lost to ****** teams in terrible fashion when he first started out, IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT EMBREE IS MAC AND DESERVES 5 YEARS BEFORE WE JUDGE HIM. that is insanely stupid logic and it is used on this board way too often

i don't want them to, i'm just really sick of hearing people say "MAC HAD A LOSING SEASON IN YEAR 3!!! LOSING TO A ****** CSU TEAM MEANS EMBREE IS GOING TO BE A HALL OF FAME CALIBER COACH!" Embree is not mac and he is not a good coach. the only reason i don't want him fired is because i'm pretty sure the admin will find someone even worse to replace him with. we need them to go away before we do anything else

I disagree to a point about embree being on the hot seat. Bienemy needs to prove himself for the rest of this season though.

I disagree. The tale was told today. Regardless of what happens in those games, this game showed the world that Embree can't do the job. He might luck into a game or two, but he'll never be the guy to turn the program around. He doesn't have what it takes. He's not the guy. I can hope he'll win some games, and I certainly do. Problem is, when you are up against a dog sh!t CSU team that is playing it's very first game under a new head coach, you need to win that game. He didn't. I don't care what the reasons are.
I will never disagree with you again. Embree is a decent tight end coach. Nothing more. EB is a good RB coach. Nothing more. Mike Bohn is a decent salesman and nothing more.

If we keep switching coaches, we will never have a winning season, unless somebody gets out a fat wallet and hires a proven winner. We don't even have enough money for an indoor practice facility. I say sign Frank Solich - we could afford him, and that little sucker can coach. Besides he would like to get back into a major conference, Nebraska screwed him.

That's a great idea, regardless of his NU ties. He has Ohio in pretty good shape these days.

Haven't watched the game yet, just back from seattle.Looking at the play by play, CU pissed away the game at the end of the first half and choked on a first and goal chance in the 3rd?

CU should be ashamed for losing to such a horrible team.

Probably should have won the game but CU continues to kill any momentum and embree is looking no better than juicebox.

STOP WITH EXCUSES PEOPLE, recruiting will be suffer until some coach and some players actually do more than what is expected.

pathetic.

Idk fellas, after some target practice and reflection, Im still disgusted. This girl wasnt here, umm id have probably got in trouble. I like Embree alot as a man but wtf was that today? DD Goodson, take a bow, your fumble changed the whole game. I know returning punts isnt easy ive done it, gotta secure the football first, always and without exception. I saw a team that was afraid when they were up against it, cant have that.

Cant sugarcoat this, step up your game 100% or this season is over before it got started. Im about as pissed as it gets, absolutely inexcuseable. I dont know why I even bother, my heart does the talking I guess. I didnt start watching CU to see a team be afraid when it counts. I watched a team that had no fear, these guys have a long way to go to get there.

I have followed and liked the Buffs since the early 70s. I've seen some great, great moments and weathered some truly suck times (poor Randy Essington). After all this time it seems yesterday's game has exposed me as a fair weather fan. I'm just not prepared to do another season of 3-10. That's if we can even muster that this year. I see a win vs Sacramento State but I question whether we can win another besides that. Example: It was against Weber State but Fresno took care of business yesterday - the way we should have. Based on our performance yesterday who do we beat??

I'm sure this has been mentioned already but it makes sense now why practices were all closed this year. It just wasn't for the reason we were given.

Right now everything is poor, all the way down to the states general attitude about its flagship universities football program. Does the state of Colorado love their Buffs? No. Is the state government favorable toward helping the Buffs be a contender for the national title? No. Can the state media be counted on to be staunch backers of the program with the kind of homerism we witness in other states? that's a laugh. Is school admin fully committed to the football teams success? No. Do prominent alumni apply meaningful pressure to try to help? It doesn't seem like it. Is the coaching staff doing an adequate job? Obviously not. Are the players good enough? It seems no would be the answer to this as well. And I really don't see much change on the horizon. It's easy to blame JE and EB but the deck was stacked against them from the beginning.

Wish I could say I could put my heart into this program but not today. I'm a failure as a fan because I'm not going to dump much emotion into this until things change. Colorado football just isn't any fun anymore.

csu had lost 8 in a row and McE had no opp to recruit and improve the squad much.

This loss is totally on the coaches. They owe the players an apology

(Not a major play, but a telling moment was when csu lined up with 3 guys wide left and emboo had to call a TO - McE and an assisant are shown slapping hands and laughing - it was clear they had known that CU would be confused and have to waste the TO.)

I have a hard time believing Powell couldnt have scored from a half yard out, we run a pa roll. He threw the damn ball away, umm its 4th down, force that **** if u have to, backside te was open too. Yes coaches played a big role.

Back