What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

the ku fake punt....

Highflyer

Club Member
Club Member
how could they not call illegal man (men actually) downfield? There were at least 3 ku players that were 10 yards down field, not including the outside guys.

how could they not call illegal man (men actually) downfield?
I believe that passes completed behind the line of scrimmage allows men downfield. Screens passes and those little underhand-flip passes to an RB - all of those can have linemen downfield.

The fake punt's pass was thrown to one of the 2nd tier blockers so it was completed, technically, 'behind the line of scrimmage'.

I don't know, but that play pissed me off! I coudl see it coming when they lined up.

RIIIIGHT! You and everyone else in the stadium, but the coaches and the players, were insightful on that one play!

Fact is with that rugby-style punt play, every punt is a potential fake, so pick your "poison" on any punt!

Oh, and those guys in white? They get schollies to play FB too! And their coaches are also paid a lot of money.( seems they were undefeated and ranked 17th before last night) Give them a little credit for that!

Who cares abut the penalty, how could the coaching staff not see that coming. 4th and relatively short and punting from your opponents 40, it's the textbook fake situation.

Who cares abut the penalty, how could the coaching staff not see that coming. 4th and relatively short and punting from your opponents 40, it's the textbook fake situation.

:bang: :stupid: :iagree:

KU was also down in that situation. You may argue that it would be a punt if they had the lead, but they didn't. There was also 7 minutes left in the 3rd? They needed something.

I believe that passes completed behind the line of scrimmage allows men downfield. Screens passes and those little underhand-flip passes to an RB - all of those can have linemen downfield.

The fake punt's pass was thrown to one of the 2nd tier blockers so it was completed, technically, 'behind the line of scrimmage'.

I think this is 100% correct. My first thought was that there should have been a penalty, but seeing the replay the pass was completed behind the line, which I think makes the linemen downfield legal.... :huh:

That was such a joke on our coaching staff....myself and about 8 other people around me kept yelling "Watch the Fake"...and our team & coaches seemed to be completely caught off guard

But I guess the 50,000 fans who saw it coming have never been D1 football coaches, so how could we know they were going to fake it??

That was such a joke on our coaching staff....myself and about 8 other people around me kept yelling "Watch the Fake"...and our team & coaches seemed to be completely caught off guard

But I guess the 50,000 fans who saw it coming have never been D1 football coaches, so how could we know they were going to fake it??

What upset me about that is that Hawk likely would have done the same or lineup for it. He has the same instinct as Mangino, but didn't recognize it.

Not sure if he or Riddle is to blame. Riddle should have at least told Hawk that a fake *might* occur and to get the D on the field.

Like Marty Feldman told Gene Wilder while standing in the grave in YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, "It could get worse..."

Watching the end of the Florida-Ark game, the TV announcers and everyone BUT sooeys predicted a Tebow-Draw to pick up their last First Down and get them in position for the game-winning FG.

Yet the sooey's merrily allowed him to reach the line of scrimmage and beyond before stepping up to stop him.

Arky got what they asked for - a loss. At least CU decided to overcome this bad defensive play. There were so many bad plays in the 3rd Qtr, yet CU came back. THAT is more impressive because of the bad D play at times. It proved that, just because they screw up once or twice or ten times, they can do better the other 20 and overcome them.

Back