What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The last 7 guys we need to land

Are we really going to add 2 more DLineman? Seems like we have a decent shot at Simmons and we're Dyson's only offer? I'm not complaining one bit if we get both.

Other than Yuri's saga, who do y'all think we have a shot at signing?

I think we are looking at a few of these lineman as athletes who might project to OG's or OLB/ILB in college. So when it shows up that we 10 DE/DT's signed three or four of those are going to be given looks at other positions. I also think that half of them will RS to balance out the classes.

I heart depth on the DL though. You can never have to many good pash rushers and big DT's. Ask the NY Giants with there recent success.

Are we really going to add 2 more DLineman? Seems like we have a decent shot at Simmons and we're Dyson's only offer? I'm not complaining one bit if we get both.

Other than Yuri's saga, who do y'all think we have a shot at signing?

Dyson's on his way to FIU. I think most of the late commits will be at DB- Yuri, Jacobs, and Solo are probably the most likely. I think Lewis is a solid back-up plan if Yuri picks Rutgers or ND.

In no particular order

DB- Yuri Wright
DB-Kenneth Crawley
DB-John Walker
LB- Deaysean Rippy or Seth Jacobs
DE- Ewing Simmons
TRansfer WR- Mike Davis
TE- Jalen Cope Fitzpatrick

So lets see

Yuri Check
Walker check
Crawley Check
Seth Jacobs- still in the running
Simmons- most likely will be our next commit
JCF- the only disappointment.

There you go

surrender before the battle wow. Untill hobbs signs with Texas or commits with Texas, CU is still the running for his signature.

Yes. It is important that we never prioritize one recruit over another because they are equal...

Are you kidding me? One kid has been recruited for the last 8-9 months by this staff and has been a major recruit for Pac-12 schools. The other is a kid you had no idea existed until earlier this week and is very likely to commit to Texas next week anyway.

I did not see Hobbs signing with us, so congrats to you.

I do stick by most of that post though. You seem to think there is little difference between JCF and Hobbs, and I completely disagree.

Per Ringo:

-there is a recruit who visited and committed to another program but CU coaches believe they flipped him and he will sign with them on signing day
-maybe Seth Jacobs
-someone else who is visiting this weekend

Per Ringo:

-there is a recruit who visited and committed to another program but CU coaches believe they flipped him and he will sign with them on signing day
-maybe Seth Jacobs
-someone else who is visiting this weekend

So we are still looking at 3 guys?

Has Jacobs committed elsewhere? I don't think he is the mystery guy. I am still holding out that it is one of the Colorado lineman who took an unofficial. That would be the cherry to this class imo.

I'd rather have Jacobs.

Frankly, so would I at this point. As much as I got pissed off about losing guys like Thurston and Callahan, I think we're better served for the time being to solidify our defense with the few remaining spots we have in this class. We've gotten a ton of DL and DB but neglected LB.

Back