What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The legitimate reason that this staff needs to be let go.

Why should they say anything? Everything they say is used against them. The Internet boards are in full feeding-frenzy mode for this staff. I think they have held up well considering everything.

Agree. Bunker down.
If Embree is choosing between taking the hit from the fans that comes with saying "I don't know" versus the hit in Dal Ward that comes from naming player names, then the choice is simple. Protect your team and piss off your fans.

Say what you will about Fresno and Sac and CSU and every single painful blowout. It sucks and it hurts and the performance on the field in in the record book says it all.

But when it comes to Embree's public comments, I find him courageous and classy for how he conducts himself in the media.

The media critism and feeding frenzy of what is said in the Boulder Camera is near the very bottom of my worries, right above concerns over Ralphie's diet.

Actually, I'd say that Brown was the most qualified of the 3.

He'd actually been a co-DC at Arizona for a year. That trumps any coordinator experience on either Embo or EB's backgrounds.

Greg Brown actually had a better resume to be head coach than Embree or Bieniemy. :cry:

Or, they were supposed to check to a different coverage, and didn't get the call made, or communicated because they made a mistake...happens ALL the time, especially with young players.

The fallacy that the product seen on the field is a direct result of idiotic play calls made by coaches is ridiculous. Say whatever you want about Brown...but go reread his resume first. He has been a coach FOREVER at a high level, and he has produced at many places. All of a sudden, he is completely incapable of figuring out that he has mismatches? Maybe he had a huge head injury before he arrived back at CU, and that explains why he is all of a sudden stupid.

Edit: Another thing to think about here....we are also lining up true freshman DL against some of the most talented offensive lineman in the country. Should we give them safety support in the box to support the run if we think USC's gonna run? Here is the crux of the issue. Barkley is one of the BEST in the country, we had no chance of disguising coverages against him with such a young secondary (it takes experience to be able to effectively disguise coverages)...so he could check to a pass if it was man to man, or run it if we are in zone. Add this to relying on the secondary to make all of the right checks and pre snap adjustments before the play starts.

Oh, I'm sorry, I'll let the facts speak for themselves. Plus my points are just as valid for Sac State, CSU and Fresno State, do they have the most talented offense in the country? It is simple, we are on pace to be the worst defense in Colorado football history. Sorry you can't argue that, so I guess we are done.

Oh, I'm sorry, I'll let the facts speak for themselves. Plus my points are just as valid for Sac State, CSU and Fresno State, do they have the most talented offense in the country? It is simple, we are on pace to be the worst defense in Colorado football history. Sorry you can't argue that, so I guess we are done.

Don't apologize for being ignorant....it is what it is. And as you said, my arguments are the same for CSU, Sac State, etc...no, they don't have the most talented offenses in the country but the thing is, the only way you lose to a team like that is by having a team that doesn't execute mentally. Which, funny thing, happens to bolster my position even more. But, I gotta tell ya, lets not argue this publicly, if you wanna know really where you're coming up short with your analysis of this coaching staff, feel free to PM me and I'll tell you (sincere offer), I might take a while to get back to you, but I promise I will.

Don't apologize for being ignorant....it is what it is. And as you said, my arguments are the same for CSU, Sac State, etc...no, they don't have the most talented offenses in the country but the thing is, the only way you lose to a team like that is by having a team that doesn't execute mentally. Which, funny thing, happens to bolster my position even more. But, I gotta tell ya, lets not argue this publicly, if you wanna know really where you're coming up short with your analysis of this coaching staff, feel free to PM me and I'll tell you (sincere offer), I might take a while to get back to you, but I promise I will.

Why not show me here where the rest of the unwashed masses can understand how we are unable to reconcile how wonderful this coaching staff is vs the FACTS. I'll admit that I am no football expert, but I know enough to see that what is happening on the field is poor coaching. We have shattered records that have never been broken in over 130 years of football (and this is against horrible CSU, Sac State, and Fresno to begin with). We are dead last in the Pac 12 and the bottom 10% nationally in virtually every statistical category on BOTH sides of the ball! We just had the best recruit in a lackluster recruiting class decommit.

I would love to be enlightened as to where the coaching staff is outsmarting everybody else with their master plan, and we are just too dumb to see it. By all means lay it out for me here, or feel free to PM me. I welcome being educated at all times (I'm not being sarcastic).

Are we as fans missing something? Everyone you hear on the radio, tv or newspaper is vouching for embree to stay in place. Ex Buffs have called into radio shows and spewed in newspapers about giving him time and stay the course. Patience will pay off... Jeremy Bloom (one of my favorite Buffs) just said the other night he deserves 4 to 5 years??? WTF? I just do not get it. All of them are seeing something us fans are missing? or there is some secret skull society??

As sick as this season has made me, I think year 3 is all but guaranteed. That said I think there has to be vast improvement from what we have seen in year 2

Cant loose to Sac st. (or the likes) under any circumstance. CSU and Fresno lets face it, Fresno right now is a better team, and CSU will always be a dog fight.

The improvement I am talking about is being competitive at this point, beat who your supposed to, and steal one from someone your not. If that does not happen he should be dissmissed.

Greg Brown on the other hand should be removed, or "reassigned" to DB's coach, The basic mistakes in things as fundemental as lining up correctly are inexcusable.

Are we as fans missing something? Everyone you hear on the radio, tv or newspaper is vouching for embree to stay in place. Ex Buffs have called into radio shows and spewed in newspapers about giving him time and stay the course. Patience will pay off... Jeremy Bloom (one of my favorite Buffs) just said the other night he deserves 4 to 5 years??? WTF? I just do not get it. All of them are seeing something us fans are missing? or there is some secret skull society??

If he wasn't an former Buff player he wouldn't get any support.

They're circling the wagons.

And I am starting to get concerned that rather than hiring a staff of Buffs uniting Buff nation, it is going to have the opposite effect. I'm seeing some dangerous signs of the former (and current) players and coaches having an adversarial relationship with students, fans and alums who are critical of what's going on. There's a bit of a "If you're not with us, you're against us" thing happening. I hope this doesn't get worse, but it has the potential to.

The former players are getting their program back... and they will have it all to themselves.

I don't blame the players for backing one of their own...I do think it was a mistake, it is a shame that it is looking like it will work out that way.

Or, they were supposed to check to a different coverage, and didn't get the call made, or communicated because they made a mistake...happens ALL the time, especially with young players.

The fallacy that the product seen on the field is a direct result of idiotic play calls made by coaches is ridiculous. Say whatever you want about Brown...but go reread his resume first. He has been a coach FOREVER at a high level, and he has produced at many places. All of a sudden, he is completely incapable of figuring out that he has mismatches? Maybe he had a huge head injury before he arrived back at CU, and that explains why he is all of a sudden stupid.

Edit: Another thing to think about here....we are also lining up true freshman DL against some of the most talented offensive lineman in the country. Should we give them safety support in the box to support the run if we think USC's gonna run? Here is the crux of the issue. Barkley is one of the BEST in the country, we had no chance of disguising coverages against him with such a young secondary (it takes experience to be able to effectively disguise coverages)...so he could check to a pass if it was man to man, or run it if we are in zone. Add this to relying on the secondary to make all of the right checks and pre snap adjustments before the play starts.

CU's problem vs. USC is that CU is playing out of their league. Right now, CU is a division 2 program. It's that simple. Would anyone be asking these types of technical questions if CO School of Mines was playing USC?

CU's problem vs. USC is that CU is playing out of their league. Right now, CU is a division 2 program. It's that simple. Would anyone be asking these types of technical questions if CO School of Mines was playing USC?

Probably not. Does the CO School of Mines have $25 million in revenue just for their football program?

I don't disagree with your position that CU is a division 2 program. It might even be an NAIA level program, right now.

You choose the worst ****in examples for everything holy **** balls

Sac St. beat Oregon St. last year. Just sayin'.

Sac St. beat Oregon St. last year. Just sayin'.

That's a legit point, but put it in context. What kind of success can Riley point to in the past at Oregon State, and what kind of success can he point to this year? Now apply that to CU's staff.

That's a legit point, but put it in context. What kind of success can Riley point to in the past at Oregon State, and what kind of success can he point to this year? Now apply that to CU's staff.

Oregon State is a perfect example. They struggled last year, but obviously improved as the year went on. Colorado is getting worse.

There is no comparison between Mike Reilly, who has completed one of the biggest turnarounds in CFB history bringing Oregon State from laughingstock to top 10 team (and BCS team in the past) and unproven Jon Embree.

It's true. Most coaches that start off with awful records end up being Hall of Fame caliber. In fact, I don't trust any coach that has early success. The best way to build a dynasty is to give a coach 4 or 5 years of failure on the scoreboard so that he can fully implement his system and put the program on the road to being a national power.

There is no comparison between Mike Reilly, who has completed one of the biggest turnarounds in CFB history bringing Oregon State from laughingstock to top 10 team (and BCS team in the past) and unproven Jon Embree.

you just gotta look at the facts:

FACT - Oregon State lost to Sacramento State
FACT - We lost to Sacramento State
FACT - Oregon State is ranked #7 in the AP Poll the very next season
I'll let you finish the math.

it works like this:
FACT - Mac was coach at CU
FACT - Embree is coach at CU
FACT - Mac struggled in his early years as head coach at CU
FACT - Embree is struggling in his early years as head coach at CU
FACT - Mac won a national championship
see where I am going here.

you just gotta look at the facts:

FACT - Oregon State lost to Sacramento State
FACT - We lost to Sacramento State
FACT - Oregon State is ranked #7 in the AP Poll the very next season
I'll let you finish the math.

it works like this:
FACT - Mac was coach at CU
FACT - Embree is coach at CU
FACT - Mac struggled in his early years as head coach at CU
FACT - Embree is struggling in his early years as head coach at CU
FACT - Mac won a national championship
see where I am going here.

Ah, this brings back great memories of philosophy at CU. Loved the learning and debate associated with logic discussion. That and daydreaming of doing naughty things to a number of coeds in the class.

Back