What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The makeup game

I think Fresno has already done plenty to help, I'm sure if we had open dates that matched up, they would move the game there in an instant. Let's see how this plays out.
By all means, I am not pointing any fingers at Fresno. They've been great.

Meanwhile, No one seems to want to make any kind of sacrifice to help CU fix the schedule. I am flabbergasted. I was sure someone would say, "You know what, they went through a bad deal and we can do something to help." Instead, its, "screw you guys." What really sucks is that we are already hurting financially. Losing a few million for a game hurts.

Anyway, I know this post is over emo. But I'm in a bad mood and this pisses me off. :lol:

They would all be clamoring to help CU if we were 0-2 and playing like last years Buffs IMHO.

ASU beat two FCS teams a couple years ago and applied for a bowl waiver and were denied.

Right but they didn't have a national disaster close down their city. I think if hard pressed on this one NCAA would have to let CU play in a bowl with 2 FCS wins. Seriously the negative publicity would be enormous if they didn't. This is sort of a moot point anyway. Odds CU gets a rescheduled FCS team this year and is 5-6 without it is a long shot.

Right but they didn't have a national disaster close down their city. I think if hard pressed on this one NCAA would have to let CU play in a bowl with 2 FCS wins. Seriously the negative publicity would be enormous if they didn't. This is sort of a moot point anyway. Odds CU gets a rescheduled FCS team this year and is 5-6 without it is a long shot.

I don't think it would. No one cares about us. It'd get a couple small blurbs in the papers, but nothing significant enough to force NCAA's hand. JMO.

I don't think it would. No one cares about us. It'd get a couple small blurbs in the papers, but nothing significant enough to force NCAA's hand. JMO.

Uhh, if we end up 5-6, we'll be ALL OVER the news and Coach Mac will be mentioned as a possible Coach of the Year. and yes, I DO think 5-6 is possible.

Uhh, if we end up 5-6, we'll be ALL OVER the news and Coach Mac will be mentioned as a possible Coach of the Year. and yes, I DO think 5-6 is possible.
The P12 would be pushing very hard for a waiver as well; it wouldn't just be Plati with some mimeographed press releases, but a full on push out of Mountain View.

I'll be surprised as **** if we get to 5-6, but in the snowball's chance in hell we get there, you can bet there will be a significant media push.

At today's post-practice interview, HCMM stated that although the extra week off was nice, CU had 10 straight games coming up so they would have to be managing practices in the future. (paraphrase all but the 10 straight games).

Sounds like a solution has been found and that it involves the Oct. 19 date. Per a recent SDSU beat reporter's column, neither CU nor SDSU are commenting on that possibility. Which means a deal is probably being discussed (finalized?).

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/sep/17/sdsu-aztecs-colorado-buffaloes-reschedule-football/

(thanks adam at rivals for the video, although I wish he had asked the followup question :lol:)

Last edited:

All over the news? A 5-6 team that postponed a game due to flooding? Ya, I don't see it, but who knows. They won't give Mac much Coach of the Year publicity either. Five win teams don't get that kind of publicity.

CU is the school that will lose a home game here and the associated revenue if this game is not played. Why not sweeten up the deal for UNLV and offer them a series with CU to move their game to accommodate the Fresno -CU game on OCT 19. Road trip to Las Vegas and profit? Not too bad. Better than a cross country trip to Ohio state or Michigan with no return game, that's for sure.

CU is the school that will lose a home game here and the associated revenue if this game is not played. Why not sweeten up the deal for UNLV and offer them a series with CU to move their game to accommodate the Fresno -CU game on OCT 19. Road trip to Las Vegas and profit? Not too bad. Better than a cross country trip to Ohio state or Michigan with no return game, that's for sure.

Yes, UNLV is MWC----but what about having men's hoops play a 2 in Vegas for 1 in Boulder with them? I don't see how doing a football series makes sense----given our lack of openings over the next few years.

Options like that are on the table. I think the 3 main options being looked at are (in no particular order) SDSU added, SJSU added, or finding a way to play FSU in 2013 with some jostling (i.e., UNLV moving its 10/19 game vs FSU to another date).

With only two weeks to go, the time is getting to short to make an announcement. There are a lot of logistics to pull off for them to get a game scheduled. Really do not think it is going to happen. Really seems as though the issue is not being pushed very much, at least from the outside looking in.
Kinda glad CU did not play fresno state that would have really been ugly.

With only two weeks to go, the time is getting to short to make an announcement. There are a lot of logistics to pull off for them to get a game scheduled. Really do not think it is going to happen. Really seems as though the issue is not being pushed very much, at least from the outside looking in.

It seems long past time to fish or cut bait on this, although I doubt that we have inaction on the part of CU, but rather a lack of willing partners.

It seems long past time to fish or cut bait on this, although I doubt that we have inaction on the part of CU, but rather a lack of willing partners.

Yeah, but CU has been abysmal communicating with season ticket holders about what is going on. Didn't they recently release their new customer service promise to us? And didn't it include increased communication and transparency? It seems like it is business as usual up there.

Chatter that it's going to be a 1-AA opponent and that the NCAA will give CU a waiver to count it toward bowl eligibility. (Rumor, not FACT.) Let's hope.

Chatter that it's going to be a 1-AA opponent and that the NCAA will give CU a waiver to count it toward bowl eligibility. (Rumor, not FACT.) Let's hope.

NCAA waited until they saw how we'd look against a real team before agreeing to theoretically grant a waiver, knowing that it will never come into play. Well played, NCAA, well played. That makes one thing they didn't **** up this year.

At this point it really don't matter who we play...just that we start playing better than we did Saturday. Survive this next game without losing the players confidence completely and then start building this thing back up little by little.

Stiil would need to find 3 w's in p12 play...not bloody likely.

Yeah, but CU has been abysmal communicating with season ticket holders about what is going on. Didn't they recently release their new customer service promise to us? And didn't it include increased communication and transparency? It seems like it is business as usual up there.

All true, but in the end this is a commercial negotiation, and it is most unwise (in general) to disclose details on such a negotiation until you have a signed contract.

'tini has it on good authority that it would take a miracle to get to 4 wins.

With no make up game? Yup that's what the stats say

With the make up game? The most likely scenario would move up to 4-8

Yeah, but CU has been abysmal communicating with season ticket holders about what is going on. Didn't they recently released their new customer service promise to us? And didn't it include increased communication and transparency? It seems like it is business as usual up there.
exactly the point I was trying to make.
seems as though they are pretty good about giving us the amount of these huge paychecks being issued out. Rick George?

'tini has it on good authority that it would take a miracle to get to 4 wins.
Without a makeup game I doubt the Buffs will post 4 w's. Possible, but not likely. I had set the bar at 3-4 w's, and that is probably where it should stay. If there is no makeup game, you would have to find 2 w's against: the no hope crew, Oregon, UCLA, ASU, UW; the not bloody likely crew, U$C, and the if CU has a great day, maybe crew, Arizona, Utah and Cal. It's hard to know how good Arizona is at this point, but Utah looked better against a common opponent. I have a hard time finding two w's. Maybe they can, I hope so, and things change over a season, but OSU was a very middle of the pack P12 opponent...and they kicked the buffs' ass.

hard to see 3 conf wins on the schedule. but, i'll keep a little tiny piece of hope alive, just in case.

LMAO! Even when the NCAA does something to "help" us, it feels like an insult.

Back