What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The More Memorable Game

Which will you remember?

• Total voters
Easily the game that allows us to call our Buffs CHAMPIONS. It wasn't just a title game, but also a massive culmination of week-long-pulling-my-hair-suspense that we had to endure from the other nail biters in the conf tourney and which, thankfully (no, seriously), we came out on the winning end. The NCAA tourney run was nothing like that.

Winning the Pac-12 in our first year as a part of the conference takes the cake for me.

And of all of my top sports memories, the Carlon Brown slam at the end will always be near the top.

after beating UO and Cal, i really liked our chances against U of A. we were playing well all of a sudden after the disappointing Oregon/OSU roadie and the Stanford disaster at home, winning the rubber match with teams we split...and we dodged Stanford.

i sorta liked UNLV's team on paper and i thought might be a tough matchup. so, i was more pleased with the NCAA win because i thought the Pac run was gravy, but making the tournament was gravyer. winning one, massive gravy.

however, the more memorable accomplishment has to be the championship.

to me, the most memorable win of the Boyle era....utterly subjective...is beating Mizzou like a drum to open conference play at the CEC in Boyle year 1. i kinda started to believe in that first half. i like Mike Anderson but neither MU or Arkie but the Tigers cut it to 8 one time and then Burks just went off. we looked pretty good as a team too.

i was looking forward to seeing Marcus Denmon and the old Nolan Richardson type 40 minutes....that was supposed to be a really good MU team.....what i ended up was coming away thinking this Buff team could beat some people. and they did.

The pac 12 championship was on the same day as my state championship. We were watching the girls game before us and while the rest of my teammates were getting ready for our game, i couldn't look away from my iphone, hoping cu could pull it out. It was epic enough and memorable enough to take my attention off one of the the biggest games i ever played

after beating UO and Cal, i really liked our chances against U of A. we were playing well all of a sudden after the disappointing Oregon/OSU roadie and the Stanford disaster at home, winning the rubber match with teams we split...and we dodged Stanford.

i sorta liked UNLV's team on paper and i thought might be a tough matchup. so, i was more pleased with the NCAA win because i thought the Pac run was gravy, but making the tournament was gravyer. winning one, massive gravy.

to me, the most memorable win of the Boyle era....utterly subjective...is beating Mizzou like a drum to open conference play at the CEC in Boyle year 1. i kinda started to believe in that first half. i like Mike Anderson but neither MU or Arkie but the Tigers cut it to 8 one time and then Burks just went off. we looked pretty good as a team too.

i was looking forward to seeing Marcus Denmon and the old Nolan Richardson type 40 minutes....that was supposed to be a really good MU team.....what i ended up was coming away thinking this Buff team could beat some people. and they did.

That or KSU on the road right after that in a soldout Octagon of 13,000 that the purple pussies have convinced themselves is the toughest place to play in the history of the world. KSU had some issues with chemistry, but that was a talented, veteran-led team and I'm pretty sure beating them on their home floor was one of the reasons they stumbled a bit after that. Really dented their confidence, but they ended up coming back strong. We had the lead essentially throughout, but they cut it to 2 with about 4 minutes left and we were able to fend them off. To me, that really showed that the culture had changed. The "Here we go again" (or not even, because we were rarely even in position to have it be "here we go again") was put to rest. Beating them for a THIRD time in the Big XII tourney was epic too, after all that **** they talked EVERY time about how "they were the better team" yada yada yada.

Last edited:
That or KSU on the road right after that in a soldout Octagon of 13,000 that the purple pussies have convinced themselves is the toughest place to play in the history of the world. KSU had some issues with chemistry, but that was a talented, veteran-led team and I'm pretty sure beating them on their home floor was one of the reasons they stumbled a bit after that. Really dented their confidence, but they ended up coming back strong. We had the lead essentially throughout, but they cut it to 2 with about 4 minutes left and we were able to fend them off. To me, that really showed that the culture had changed. The "Here we go again" (or not even, because we were rarely even in position to have it be "here we go again") was put to rest. Beating them for a THIRD time in the Big XII tourney was epic too, after all that **** they talked EVERY time about how "they were the better team" yada yada yada.

yes, that was a big win. they were ranked....after ome kind of suspensions thing. and they were a good team too when we beat them the next times, too. Pullen played every-time. Wally Judge quit or something, don't remember. kSU dramas.

that L at Nebraska was hard to take....they punted us hard. disappointing. but, we were not a team with players used to winning. same at ISU to close out the season.

Last edited:
yes, that was a big win. they were ranked....after ome kind of suspensions thing. and they were a good team too when we beat them the next times, too. Pullen played every-time. Wally Judge quit or something, don't remember. kSU dramas.

that L at Nebraska was hard to take....they punted us hard. disappointing. but, we were not a team with players used to winning. same at ISU to close out the season.

Yes, the next step as we get more talent in will be to minimize the wetting the bed that we manage to still do a little more often than we'd like, such as those games that you mention along with ones like @ Oregon State this past year. Of course we'll always fall victim to having an occasional off-night and losing to an inferior team on the road, that's just the nature of the game, but we definitely still have a ways to go in establishing consistency and taking care of lesser opponents away from home.

Last edited:

I voted UNLV, tourney wins are huge and against that still semi-outlaw UNLV bunch was even better!

But my signature win of the Boyle Era so far was that comeback vs. Texas: 19 points down with 16 minutes to go and the Buffs came back, with Burks just flat out schooling UT! Any win over UT is great, but that one was the best.

With 68 teams in the NCAA tourney there is a lot of chaff in the bunch. Lots of schools win a tourney game and frankly UNLV was an upper middle team from the MWC. Winning the Zona' game put us in the tourney. It was a big game against a team that was expected to beat us.

Now had that turkey from bailer not had the night of his life from the 3 point line we would have gone into the sweet 16, that would have been a whole different thing.

Baylor was a tough matchup for us...lotta size and jump out of the gym guys who were top 50 recruits. none of which we had in abundance. we were playing well and i would liked our chances to make the 2nd weekend against a lot of teams...but Boo Bear was gonna be a tough out for us.

screw Baylor in general, but that was a good team with a lot of talent. we hung in there for a while, but 40 minutes of that freakshow talent (even if Drew is a mediocre bench coach) was too much.

I voted UNLV, tourney wins are huge and against that still semi-outlaw UNLV bunch was even better!

But my signature win of the Boyle Era so far was that comeback vs. Texas: 19 points down with 16 minutes to go and the Buffs came back, with Burks just flat out schooling UT! Any win over UT is great, but that one was the best.

i'll agree with you that UT win was pretty special...and an unreal performance by AB who simply unguardable for a lot of the 2nd half.....but disagree about UNLV being an outlaw bunch. they have that history with Tark and Rollie Mass but Lon Kruger put that team together and he's a choirboy with a lot of success at KSU, Illinois, and Florida. recruiting to UNLV isn't recruiting to Northwestern or Vanderbilt but i wouldn't call UNLV renegade.

For me it was definitely the UNLV game. The Pac-12 title was a more monumental achievement IMO, but the NCAA win was an experience.

There was driving down to ABQ from Denver, passing car after car filled with CU fans. Everyone knew where each other was going and it was special. Then there was arriving at The Pit to grab my press pass and it hit me, "Holy s***, this is the Big Dance." I made the hike down to my seat on press row and it was the who's who of sports journalism and a great game between SDSU and Baylor. Then you started hearing this chanting and you looked up and saw CU students yelling, clapping, dressed up and everything. I remember thinking to myself, this is something I'll never forget. The back and forth CU chants against the "rebels" chants were so intense and it was maybe the most electric atmosphere I've ever been in. Carlton's dunk nearly blew the roof off of the place.

PAC12 championship. Not only because I was there but because we are the Inaugural Pac-12 Champs, got a banner, cut down the nets and sent us to the tourney. That's pretty big and those guys on the team will never forget after everything they had been through. The weight that was lifted off our shoulders, collectively, when the buzzer sounded that Saturday was palpable.

For me it was definitely the UNLV game. The Pac-12 title was a more monumental achievement IMO, but the NCAA win was an experience.

There was driving down to ABQ from Denver, passing car after car filled with CU fans. Everyone knew where each other was going and it was special. Then there was arriving at The Pit to grab my press pass and it hit me, "Holy s***, this is the Big Dance." I made the hike down to my seat on press row and it was the who's who of sports journalism and a great game between SDSU and Baylor. Then you started hearing this chanting and you looked up and saw CU students yelling, clapping, dressed up and everything. I remember thinking to myself, this is something I'll never forget. The back and forth CU chants against the "rebels" chants were so intense and it was maybe the most electric atmosphere I've ever been in. Carlton's dunk nearly blew the roof off of the place.
you were supposed to be my ride and then you canceled hahaha

also i didnt realize this guy was a buff

tumblr_ldkl93h3bs1qf4teko1_250.gif

Last edited:
Back