What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The offense for next season

with all respect to Tyler, that paragraph howls delusion or at the very least staggeringly contrary to fact. i guess writing your own history should not be a surprising element of the Hawk tenure. yeah, we all remember when we said that was going to happen.....but, factually, it did not.

Correct. Geer was not a "blocking TE" and Behrens barely saw the field all year anyway, let alone a featured part of a "pounding attack".

I think the only "pounding" going on was Buff fans heads into the wall on gamedays.

Actually, last spring they were running more of a north-south pounding offense. Remember Darrell Scott's 154 rushing yards in the spring scrimmage? Too bad he showed up fat for the fall or we may have seen the offense that had been designed around him.

Actually, last spring they were running more of a north-south pounding offense. Remember Darrell Scott's 154 rushing yards in the spring scrimmage? Too bad he showed up fat for the fall or we may have seen the offense that had been designed around him.

I guess they practiced it, but sure didn't play that way come the fall.

Maybe Scott was more perceptive than we have given him credit for...

It could also be that the power running game looked a lot better last spring because it was going against a patchwork DL unit.

Maybe Scott screwed this program like nobody ever has.

I agree with that in a sense, I truly think he thought all he had to do was show up. Once he found out folks on the field were of his ability, id say he took a step back, sure as hell didnt step up. The good thing is that CU will recover. The bad thing is DScott is screwing himself even more, hope he wakes up before he blows it. Also a good point that the running attack looked better than it really was going against our dline in spring, agree with that too. You'd think we have a top ten team with how its said we preform in practice. Thats all well and good, bring the **** to the game with you cause that's the only place it really matters.

It could also be that the power running game looked a lot better last spring because it was going against a patchwork DL unit.

they sure as heck couldn't line up and run against CSU. out of shape Scott was not the reason CU rushed for 29 yards against the Rams. it's hard to believe that the staff or anyone thought they were going "to pound it" (Hanson's quote)....and then 29 is the best they can do. granted, going down 17 scores early may have had some effect, but the FG was with 11 minutes left in the 2nd. not the time to scrap the O and throw every down. it's mysterious. it baffles the bejeezus out of me.

i saw DS the first day of classes when i was in Regents dropping off some admin stuff....and he may not have been where he was in the spring, but he was pretty cut and by no means "fat". no when he first got here, he was a little chubby by football player standards, no question.

Remember that Speedy was also pretty much a no-go against CSU because of a hamstring injury, too.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_14712652

I found this article pretty interesting. I will be watching to see how this actually looks on the field. We have some potential at receiver, but I still think we need a true burner to step up at WR for this type of offense to truly succeed. It is also contingent on getting Lockridge the ball in space IMO. We have some good athletes, but we still lack top-end speed that creates matchup issues at many offensive positions.

The one worry I have is that this is going to lead to too much east-west movement that has been an issue at different times under Hawkins. Too many pre-snap moving parts and slow-developing plays have been a staple of the offenses under Hawkins.

For this to have any effect on the defense we have to be able to get the ball to that speedy receiver. By the time Cody gets set for his maximum throw (questionable whether it gets there), it's being batted back in his face. Any Tyler has a lot to prove with downfield accuracy.

Back