What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Offense....

Scotch

Club Member
Junta Member
Never liked the spread offense, and not happy it has made it's way to Boulder. I know Tech is having success with it this year, as are other programs around the country. And good for them.

Not to get juvenile, but if other programs jumped off a bridge, would we? :smile2:

I just don't get it. What the Buffs were doing on offense last year seemed to be working. Last season was a good step forward for the program. Establishing a smashmouth running game was a priority. :thumbsup: They scored 42 points against Miami(OH), and rallied late to beat Okie. Also put up a ton of points vs. the fuskers. They took their lumps but there were times last season when the offense really got rolling and were hard too stop. The 2nd half vs. 'Bama might have been the best they played all season.

The offense has really taken several steps back to what we were last season. Other than CSU I haven't really walked away from a game this season with a good feeling about our offense. They started out strong against WVU, but sputtered as time went on. I felt Helfrich put together a good game plan vs. FSU, but too many mistakes doomed us. It's become clear this no-huddle stuff is not working, and really the only thing it is good for is confusing players.

Sick Rick almost completely abandoned the run and this program took a downturn because of it. Barnett's team progressively got worse because the running game was almost non-existent. Hawk and co. haven't abandoned the run, but it's clear it wasn't the priority it was last season, and this offense is turning in the wrong direction. They need to take a history lesson: In Boulder you have to run the damn ball, cram it down your opponents throat, or you won't win. It's as simple as that.

I'm a Buff fan and will support Hawk and co. as long as they're here, but I'm starting to wonder what they're thinking on offense. Injuries and youth are only part of the equation, but I really feel we would be in the same spot with the offense we're trying to run. :huh:

Anyway..... GO BUFFS!!! Beat the Cyclones!!!! :thumbsup:

Good stuff man. It's obvious, we can all see... Coaches just don't which is a problem. We can beat this thing into the ground but i fear we're just :deadhorse:

Back