What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Pistol Formation

I've seen a few comments on here that Dillon would be good in this offense. Not sure I agree. Looking at his HS highlights on YouTube, I don't see the quickness necessary; he was recruited for the pro-style. And with those screws in his shoulder, and his very slight build, can he take the pounding from those zone read keepers around the end? Sefo seems to be better suited, the little I've seen of him.

I've seen a few comments on here that Dillon would be good in this offense. Not sure I agree. Looking at his HS highlights on YouTube, I don't see the quickness necessary; he was recruited for the pro-style. And with those screws in his shoulder, and his very slight build, can he take the pounding from those zone read keepers around the end? Sefo seems to be better suited, the little I've seen of him.
You do know this is a PASSING pistol offense, right?

You do know this is a PASSING pistol offense, right?

Of course, but there would seem to more than the average number of designed QB keepers as well, right? I guess I'm thinking if the ideal mold is Kaepernick or RG III, then Dillon doesn't seem to fit it from what I've seen on tape. But lots may have transpired in the year on the scout team.

Of course, but there would seem to more than the average number of designed QB keepers as well, right? I guess I'm thinking if the ideal mold is Kaepernick or RG III, then Dillon doesn't seem to fit it from what I've seen on tape. But lots may have transpired in the year on the scout team.

Not in Lindgren/MacIntyre's offense. Dillon, Sefo, and Wood can scoot also. If you look at the stats though, Fales did not run. The most yards he had was 24 against Idaho (lots of negative yards from sacks) with most games having him have 5 carries or under but he averaged going 22.6 for 31.4 292.3 Yds so it's clear that this is not a running pistol. If they had a runner like Kaepernick I'm sure it would become a running pistol though.

Lindgren's offense also favors Dillon because it features him being under center but also in the shotgun which is a much easier transition for a quarterback.

Good stuff Creatini. Hadn't looked at the SJSU season stats yet. And the game today sure made it look like more of a throw first pistol.

Not in Lindgren/MacIntyre's offense. Dillon, Sefo, and Wood can scoot also. If you look at the stats though, Fales did not run. The most yards he had was 24 against Idaho (lots of negative yards from sacks) with most games having him have 5 carries or under but he averaged going 22.6 for 31.4 292.3 Yds so it's clear that this is not a running pistol. If they had a runner like Kaepernick I'm sure it would become a running pistol though.

Lindgren's offense also favors Dillon because it features him being under center but also in the shotgun which is a much easier transition for a quarterback.

agree... fales was not a running threat at all!... but he was a really accurate passer and dropped balls right into the rec's hands all season. wish we had him for a season or two

A lot of their short passing game is an extension of the running game really. They knew going in they couldn't run on BG. We might become a pass first team but Mac will use the backs in both phases. I hope Abron can catch, he'll have a chance to work in space in this O.

A lot of their short passing game is an extension of the running game really. They knew going in they couldn't run on BG. We might become a pass first team but Mac will use the backs in both phases. I hope Abron can catch, he'll have a chance to work in space in this O.
agree. All of our backs have the opportunity to put up some good #'s. If they are smart, they would really focus on practicing their catching and running in space.

Back