What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Plan at QB?

Brock was the first guy Embree called and visited so I think he wanted him bad after pulling the offer to Sherry. CU needs a QB this cycle. Snyder etal pulled one off here. Not sure about your reference to cancer. Brock has been a Buff fan his whole life. His quote earlier was 'I committed to CU, not Hawk'. That is a guy who wanted to be here. And serviceable depth is a stretch. 2 guys on scholarship and a walk on? One injury and we are screwed.

I think JE wanted him until they met face to face. I have absolutely no insight into this but piecing the story together from all the crap that's flying I say a pretty credible scenario is once JE was in BB's front room with Mom and Dad he had a serious change of heart. Too much talent to pull the scholie but too much baggage not to drop a serious hint that maybe Brock should consider his other options.

In the end, a mutual agreement. Here's to hoping it works out for everyone.

I think JE wanted him until they met face to face. I have absolutely no insight into this but piecing the story together from all the crap that's flying I say a pretty credible scenario is once JE was in BB's front room with Mom and Dad he had a serious change of heart. Too much talent to pull the scholie but too much baggage not to drop a serious hint that maybe Brock should consider his other options.

Especially the Buffs.....

Brock was the first guy Embree called and visited so I think he wanted him bad after pulling the offer to Sherry. CU needs a QB this cycle. Snyder etal pulled one off here. Not sure about your reference to cancer. Brock has been a Buff fan his whole life. His quote earlier was 'I committed to CU, not Hawk'. That is a guy who wanted to be here. And serviceable depth is a stretch. 2 guys on scholarship and a walk on? One injury and we are screwed.

Considering that Bill Snyder is the coach at KSU, not Kansas, it would indeed be quite a coup to recruit BB to a completely different school. What a recruiting genius.

I have no idea what kind of kid BB is, but if JE cooled on him I'd rather he follow his convictions and recruit to his vision then be a guy who'd recruit guys he didn't really want just cause it might tick people off if they didn't come here. Regardless, if anybody thinks Berglund or any other true freshmen are going to come in here and help us with depth next year, then I would direct you to how well Hansen played in 2008 after teams figured out the two plays he could run. If we get an injury at qb next year we're screwed regardless of whom we recruit, unless we manage to pull the second coming of Matt Barkley.

Good luck to BB at Kansas.

Do not expect a stellar recruiting class this year. With a coach who was a lame duck for a year and a half...the recruiting cupboard is pretty bare. Almost no visits, no verbals and low interest. Hawkins might say this place was burned to the ground but Embree did not even inherit warm embers on the recruiting front. I hope that this staff can find a hand full of solid players for this class. With about 16 scholarships to give add about 5 or 6 lost to attrition in an average year (maybe a few more) we could probably sign 21 but will probably end up with 12.

What I like about this is that I can see that JE is going to win, or lose, with kids he wants, and fit what he wants Buff football to be. He has a vision and damn what the press or fans think--he will win or be fired his way. I don't want coaches that cant coach, and I dont want coaches who let popular opinions make thier decisions. Now if he comes in and cant get any quality kids here and cant coach, then he will be gone, but at least he did it the way he wanted it done.

That being said, we knew this year would be a tough recruiting year--he is not going to waste schollies on kids who he does not want playing in his system. I can live with that. On feb 2nd we will see what happens. He may feel that the schollie is better served with a better QB next year, if he can't get soemone to switch late in the cycle this year.

What I like about this is that I can see that JE is going to win, or lose, with kids he wants, and fit what he wants Buff football to be. He has a vision and damn what the press or fans think--he will win or be fired his way. I don't want coaches that cant coach, and I dont want coaches who let popular opinions make thier decisions. Now if he comes in and cant get any quality kids here and cant coach, then he will be gone, but at least he did it the way he wanted it done.

That being said, we knew this year would be a tough recruiting year--he is not going to waste schollies on kids who he does not want playing in his system. I can live with that. On feb 2nd we will see what happens. He may feel that the schollie is better served with a better QB next year, if he can't get soemone to switch late in the cycle this year.

Not trying to be a smartass here (for once) but with the exception of this:

I don't want coaches that cant coach.

What's the difference there between your feelings about Coach Embree and Hawkins?

Dude Snyder at KU? Do you even watch football?

What's the difference there between your feelings about Coach Embree and Hawkins?

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Hawk did it his way. Granted, it was weird, bordering on delusional, but he got fired while doing it his way....

SNyDER!
snyderasianhenchmen.jpg

I have no idea in hell why this thought popped into my head but remember the kid from Houston - Dexter Foreman - who was an early commit/de-commit last spring? If I remember right he was a dual-threat qb but I could be wrong. Is he still hanging around out there? Any chance of renewed interest from either side?

http://college-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/26593396

hawkins hung himself with not being able to coach. Embree has a tree and some rope. Let's see what he does with it.

I'm wondering what Tyler's mindset is right now. He spent the last two years, knowing he should be starting, fighting for everything, now the offense changes, away from his strengths (legs), and there's a guy right behind him with experience in this offense. Does Hirsh really have the chops to compete for the top position?

I'm wondering what Tyler's mindset is right now. He spent the last two years, knowing he should be starting, fighting for everything, now the offense changes, away from his strengths (legs), and there's a guy right behind him with experience in this offense. Does Hirsh really have the chops to compete for the top position?

We will see but I think that TH has a huge lead on Hirsh. Hirsh hasn't even taken a snap at the college level and will need significant time getting used to it before he can begin to function at QB the way his position is supposed to be played in our system. I just don't see Hirsh as a wunderkind but more of a project that has potential. If he was more prepared for what it would take at the college level (ala Barkley at SC) he would have played last year.

Hansen on the other hand has been in the fire, felt the pressure and shown that he won't wilt when the heat is on. He may not be the ideal QB that JE and EB are looking for to run their system but I think he can run their offense the best next year.

FWIW, I think that JE and EB land a killer QB prospect this recruiting cycle and in 2012, as a RSfreshman, he takes over and takes the O to the next level.

If he was more prepared for what it would take at the college level (ala Barkley at SC) he would have played last year.

No way in Hell does Hirschman play last year. Remember who was ahead of him? Hirschman was always a third option at QB last year. That doesn't mean anything for this year, though.

I think there's going to be some significant competition at QB this Spring and Fall. I have no idea who will start against Hawaii, but whoever it is will have earned it.

Hirschman always struck me as a guy who would take a few years in the program before he seriously challenged for the starting job.

There aint no way we AREN'T going to sign a QB this year, the only question is how many. And I guarantee you Moten is going no where but CB given how light they are at that position, and Hirschman isn't going anywhere either, I don't know if he's the option type but he is DEFINITELY the play-action sort, so you can deal him in. Mobley MIGHT be an option if he can show he's a passer. He played QB in HS, and given the depth at TE he might actually try to make a home at QB. As for recruiting, If I were a betting man and I am, I would be putting my money on that Miles kid next year from Mullen if we are going to go to the "pro-style-option-pound it down your throat all the time offense." Embree has made it clear that he doesn't do JC transfers. I also hear that Dexter Foreman from TX is considering CO along with a couple more kids from Cali. Lets hope they get atleast one. I hope.

TH in all likelihood will be the starting QB, unless we get the next Barkley and that's not going to happen this cycle. I'm hoping Hansen starts and we can get Hirsch some reps in blowouts. We need to start developing a QB for '12, even if Hirsch isn't a long-term solution.

Well ya I'm sure TH is a foregone conclusion for starter, no one can run a Pro-style offense like he can. I just hope he stays healthy and his spleen doesn't give him any trouble. And ya, Hirschman could be a viable option should TH go down. but we desperately need to get a stud QB next year or this year if a miracle happens.

There aint no way we AREN'T going to sign a QB this year, the only question is how many. And I guarantee you Moten is going no where but CB given how light they are at that position, and Hirschman isn't going anywhere either, I don't know if he's the option type but he is DEFINITELY the play-action sort, so you can deal him in. Mobley MIGHT be an option if he can show he's a passer. He played QB in HS, and given the depth at TE he might actually try to make a home at QB. As for recruiting, If I were a betting man and I am, I would be putting my money on that Miles kid next year from Mullen if we are going to go to the "pro-style-option-pound it down your throat all the time offense." Embree has made it clear that he doesn't do JC transfers. I also hear that Dexter Foreman from TX is considering CO along with a couple more kids from Cali. Lets hope they get atleast one. I hope.

Well ya I'm sure TH is a foregone conclusion for starter, no one can run a Pro-style offense like he can. I just hope he stays healthy and his spleen doesn't give him any trouble. And ya, Hirschman could be a viable option should TH go down. but we desperately need to get a stud QB next year or this year if a miracle happens.

I feel like you're f***ing with me. As for TH running a Pro-style, I'm afraid you're right.

Back