What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Price of #Winning

It is a little strange that you just joined and you have only posted in this thread asking us if we should cheat. I won't question your allegiance since you said you are a buff fan but you do see why we might be skeptical right?

I agree with this.

And to add my own opinion: We don't need to cheat to win and frankly I don't like reading about this subject in relation to CU.

Further opinion: You should pay to discuss CU athletics, since it is the finest institution in the land. Furthermore, the content you get on here is some of the best you will find anywhere. I mean that in terms of the recruiting information (which is compiled tirelessly by some very dedicated CU fans) and in terms of some of the more clever posters on this site (of which there are quite a few, but I don't want to write their names here so as to give them inflated egos :smile2:).

I agree with this.

And to add my own opinion: We don't need to cheat to win and frankly I don't like reading about this subject in relation to CU.

Further opinion: You should pay to discuss CU athletics, since it is the finest institution in the land. Furthermore, the content you get on here is some of the best you will find anywhere. I mean that in terms of the recruiting information (which is compiled tirelessly by some very dedicated CU fans) and in terms of some of the more clever posters on this site (of which there are quite a few, but I don't want to write their names here so as to give them inflated egos :smile2:).
No need to name names. You're welcome.

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Materialism should have it's limits. I would rather have my son go to a small school and play than to degrade himself by selling his body to the highest bidder.

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Materialism should have it's limits. I would rather have my son go to a small school and play than to degrade himself by selling his body to the highest bidder.

So what super-hottie did they use to lure you to CU, old-timer?

Responding to a few messages...

1. FChairbanks -- I was limited to twelve characters when I registered. The system wouldn't let me have the final f.

Not only will the system let you have the "final f", it will insist that you get the final f. I'm not convinced we're talking about the same thing, though.

Not only will the system let you have the "final f", it will insist that you get the final f. I'm not convinced we're talking about the same thing, though.

Yeah, we probably aren't talking about the same thing... I was answering a question about the name this site would let me have.

As for the kind of world we'd "like" to see -- the throw back to days when amateurism was real -- that world makes no sense anymore. The money associated with college football is too big. The stakes for schools like Colorado are too high. No person in their right mind would send their elite prospect child to a small school. Why lose out on is exposure and the ability to get better against the best competition? This is the same reason we should stop playing CSU posthaste. We gain nothing.

Yeah, we probably aren't talking about the same thing... I was answering a question about the name this site would let me have.

As for the kind of world we'd "like" to see -- the throw back to days when amateurism was real -- that world makes no sense anymore. The money associated with college football is too big. The stakes for schools like Colorado are too high. No person in their right mind would send their elite prospect child to a small school. Why lose out on is exposure and the ability to get better against the best competition? This is the same reason we should stop playing CSU posthaste. We gain nothing.

You'll get used to Wally's sense of humor, eventually, or so they keep telling me.

What do you propose we do?

"I don't know about that, but personally, I take the question at its most basic. When you get right down to it, it profits the man *the whole world*. That's a pretty big profit, if you ask me (or most people, I would imagine).

Now, some would argue that the man is only gaining the whole world for a fleeting speck of time compared with the eternity of a lost soul, but that's only really true if you're banking on that after-life.

In any case, I think most people would be pretty happy with gaining the whole world, if only for... say, half a lifetime? Judging by the number of people playing the lottery, it's a safe bet."

A well researched (googled) answer :thumbsup:

Back